Maybelline Color Sensational - Bronze Beam

4.1

on 12/18/2012 1:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Maybelline was having a sale so I thought I'd try something a bit different. When I took the top off I thought it might be too dark and almost returned it. Thankfully, I read the reviews and took a chance. It's a sheer, shimmery nude that looks lovely alone or on top of another lipstick to create your own shade. Very flattering.

on 8/22/2012 10:20:00 AM

A nice nudey colour for medium and darker skin :)
Price: $8.92 CAD
Colour: darkish toffee tinted mauve
Finish: pearly sheen
Texture: creamy
Pigmentation: medium
I love this because it's what I call a natural glam shade! I am sooooo trying out the other shades in the line. Lasts a decent time too

on 4/1/2012 11:35:00 AM

Wow, this is soooo gorgeous and it's sexy. I was trying to find this exact shade! This is the shade that you can pull off looking natural but polished and it just adds the depth and prettiness that looks feminine and attractive. I am going to have this in my bag at all times. I absolutely adore this one.

on 2/23/2012 6:14:00 PM

So I've had my eye on this line of lipsticks for awhile. Checked them out, and found a color that looked similar to my Clinique Delovely (probably the only lipstick that I've ever gone through more than one of). Now, I'm not normally a nude-lip kind of girl. I tend to wear berries, wines, etc. But Delovely is just so pretty (but that's for a different review) I was on a lipstick hiatus at the time though.
I finally went back and bought Bronze Beam. And wow. I haven't stopped wearing it since, lol... I swatched them next to each other and they are amazingly close. Bronze Beam is not quite as glossy, and the color is just a bit more brown, not as "peachy".
The wear is pretty good, for a regular lipstick. There isn't a strong smell. The shimmer is great! I really like this one, and will probably continue to buy it. I got mine at Target, for $5.99 or so.

on 11/29/2011 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Link provided below with color swatches. I said I'd buy again, but not sure really. I'm on a lipstick buying craze, so it has to be particularly stunning in order for me to repurchase. This is a nice color on me and would look good all year around. But, since it's fall at the time I bought this, it seemed to have a "fall" kind of feel. Kind of a frosty golden beige is what it looks like on me, but I was expecting more brown. Nothing truly fantabulous. :) It looked more brown in the tube. It goes on pretty sheer on first layer but after swiping a couple of times I get more color. The color seems very natural. It is a little darker than champagne shimmer. Although it appears quite darker in the tube, it really doesn't go on very dark. I don't have any problem with the initial smell or the way it feels on my lips. You can feel some of the shimmer, but not as gritty as some pearl lipsticks. One nice thing about this lipstick is that the shimmer seems to stay put and doesn't spread all over my face. Overall, a pretty everyday lipstick. Nothing great. Not too shaby.
Here's a website that compares bronze beam with champagne shimmer. Quite helpful, in fact with nice, clear photos. http://beautyswatch.com/2010/11/maybelline-color-sensational-pearls-lipcolor-champagne-shimmer-735-bronze-beam-750/

on 6/12/2011 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I have fair, warm skin. So summery shades that are too shimmery, pink, or silverish don't work on me. But this seems to work. I was afraid it would be too dark bronze, but it's pretty sheer and gives a nice sheer bronze color to my lips.

I don't *love* it, because I think it could have a bit more pigment, but I'm really pleased with it for a drugstore lipstick. I'd get it again.

on 9/2/2010 3:27:00 PM

Although Bronze Beam (BB) is one of the darker colors in the Pearls collection, I was surprised at how little it showed up on my lips. It's a very light bronze w/a gold shimmery tone; I currently have a tan & wonder if it may show up better w/my usual pale skin? I applied a little foundation, bronze lip liner & then BB to see if that would help, but it didn't. It feels wonderful going on, very emollient but that leads me to believe the staying power may be minimal. At $7.50 for a DS lipstick, I plan on returning it for a more pigmented non-Pearls shade, but f you're looking for a softer bronze/brown color w/golden shimmer, this may be for you.

Popular Lipsticks