August 21, 2014 | 1005 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Eternal Grace

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Puresimple1

It's a nice earthy fragrance but not for me! I prefer scents where you smell like food! But any how the eternal grace collection is being discontinued so stock up!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

All of the Philosophy Grace fragrances serve a purpose. There are places where you must not wear an intense or distracting fragrance. And there are wearers of fragrance who beg only to prolong that fresh from the shower smell of fine shower gel and squeaky clean skin. That is what those wearers want, and there is this niche, and Philosophy fills it nicely. Clean, fresh smells whose variances are similar to detergent scents. (No sneering here, as I am a devotee of all things Gain Original. ) Two issues I do not like about the Grace line. They do not last long and really require you to layer the shower gels, body lotions, and fragrance spray. And lastly, given what they are, I am not convinced they need to be as pricey as they are. Which brings me to Eternal Grace.

There are feverish devotees of Tova Borgnine's original Tova fragrance. The stuff you get on QVC now has been messed with and not in a good way. Those devotees should score a bottle of Eternal Grace. They will be pleasantly surprised, but, of course, for the lasting power. Otherwise, this reminds me so much of the Tova of 30-35 years ago, my heart sings. Bergamot, lavendar, musk and jasmine seem to be involved here. Very brisk from the first two herbs. As clean as the wind in April. Not sweet. Love it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm usually not into crisp cotton clean scents that mimic soap, but I really really like this scent! It's clean with a very sharp musky sexy aroma. It goes on super strong, but then dries down to a gorgeous femine scent that is both tart but a tiny bit of sweet clean. Different from all the other Philosophy fragrances. I wish it was stronger and lasted longer. I have to spray a lot and layer it with lotion to get it to last. Great everyday fragrance that works in Summer and Winter!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like most of the Grace scents, or did when they were perfume and not "fragrance spray" strength. I bought this on a whim, unsniffed. It is different from the usual "grace" scents, and not unpleasant, however I don't think I'd repurchase. I wanted a light summer scent. This opens with a very green alcohol blast that's kind of on the harsh side, but quickly calms down. My SO said it smelled to him like Irish Spring soap. Not exactly what I was looking for, but to be honest, I don't mind it after a shower, or for daytime use when it's very hot, All the Graces are on the soapy side, but I think this one is the soapiest, It doesn't last long, but does leave behind a hint of nice musk, which I wish was stronger. It smells as if you just showered, and that isn't a bad thing,

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by AngelsdoExist

Adore this, its hard to describe a scent over the internet but its a clean...soapish smell but in a pleasant way if that makes sense :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a near on, Carbon COPY of Lacoste for Men homme. The two smell incredibly similar.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by greenclover

I tend to detest the Philosophy fragrances in general (Baby Grace made me think so much of a yucky baby diaper I had to wash it off!) - but this is by far the least offensive I have tried so far. It has a light shampooey clean scent w/ just a touch of something soft reminiscent of a skin-scent. Really not that bad at all. Might be nice if you want a clean, light "non-fragrance" type of fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very green yet very stuffy fragrance, reminds me of the 80s emerald perfume, which typically were worn by older ladies. I got the lotion as a gift, I dont want to be ungrateful but thank you? I will have to find something more youthful. I havent found Anything I have liked by philosophy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by beautyxgeek

Got a shower gel sample of this and loved it so bought the perfume. I would wear this scent all year round, it's light, fresh and clean and wont offend anyone. If you're after a heavy, strong perfume then this isnt for you. I wish more people would wear philosophy.. I'm sick of my nostril's getting assulted by people who smell as if they've poured half a bottle of strong over-powering perfume over themselves before they left the house. eughh!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, I think the name is terrible, just terrible. "Amazing Grace" is not that bad a name for an unconventional perfume; "Inner Grace" is passable; "Pure Grace" is getting worse; "Baby Grace" starts to be strange...and then we have "Eternal Grace." Awful! And so much worse when you consider that this is supposed to be the youthful, fresh, edgy Grace. "Eternal Grace" sounds like a perfume for a 95-year-old.

Ok, enough of that. The fragrance itself is indeed youthful, fresh, and edgy. It is more androgynous than the other Graces (except for maybe Pure) and smells musky with quite sharp green top notes. It smells kind of like a chypre although it lacks the oakmoss. Although it is more sophisticated than Amazing and Pure Grace, and possibly more sophisticated than Baby and Inner as well, it does not feel out of line with the Philosophy concept: there are a lightness, a freshness, and a softness to this, as well as a definite "soapy" character, that make it pure Philosophy as well as pure Grace. It is neither powdery nor sweet nor heavy, but it is distinctive and it has its own presence and character. I find it stands out much more and lasts much longer than the other Graces.

The personality of this perfume is both youthful and grown-up, if that makes any sense. I think of a late twentysomething or thirtysomething with unusually sophisticated, developed taste and serious confidence. Definitely an urban girl. This fragrance feels like a bit of a departure for Philosophy, but still, somehow, right in line. Eternal Grace is a paradox in just about every way...and I like it.

NOTES: bergamot, citrus, neroli, geranium, lavender, violets, passion fruit, musk, sandalwood and amber. (via nst)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No