July 25, 2014 | 1704 users online

Masks - SKII - Facial Treatment Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

One of my favorite skin care brand is SK-II because their products truly delivers. I made a comparison video with this mask and the Shiseido white lucent brightening mask and when I used SK-II my skin was much brighter than using the Shiseido mask. I have before and after pictures of the results and in-depth review so please watch it if you are interested.

According to the Sephora site, this is a100 percent cotton mask drenches the skin with pitera’s fusion of vitamin, amino acids, minerals, and organic acids, while working to revitalize, comfort, and provide intense hydration. It immediately replenishes dehydrated skin, leaving it refreshed and cool.

There is more serum inside the packaging than any other brands that I tried. I tried the Face Shop masks, My Dairy, and many miscellaneous masks from Korea and Japan. This Sk-II is my favorite because it does not break out my skin and my skin becomes a few shades brighter. After using this, my skin is well hydrated and it fades away any marks I have on my face. This is expensive but well worth it. It cost $90 for 6 masks but if you buy 10 masks it cost $125. Also this is a cloth mask and the mask is very high quality and thicker than any other masks I tried even thicker than the Shiseido mask.

This is how I use it: I keep the masks in the refrigerator so that when I use it on my face the cooling sensation reduces puffiness. I usually sleep with the mask on and I wake up with glowing skin. Also save the extra serum. Use it on your neck, or use on your face the next day.

The results also lasts for a week for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by kristinyang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am currently on my 3rd box of FTM and I have officially branded this my HG mask!
I usually pop the mask in the fridge for half an hour or so & use it after washing & toning. I have this belief that toning aids the absorption of the treatment serum from the mask hehe.

I found it annoying how massaging in the excess serum after taking the mask off leaves traces of dead skin cells all over my face/pyjamas but its really just a small issue.

Overtime, my pores have shrunk immensely & my skin does look brighter after every use. As much as I agree how the price is a bit harsh for my purse, I would still buy the FTM over & over again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I have been using the essence for a few years and it has helped my skin a lot e.g bring down any inflammation etc. when I had a bad acne breakout I bought this mask . I feel that the essence works faster and more effectively on my skin compared to this mask . I left on the mask for a whole night , but I did not see much better results compared to using the essence .

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Hautelover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didn't really see any benefit using this product. I got it part of a purchase for spending over a certain amount on SKii products at the Changi airport, 6 of them to be precise. Can't say anything for results. I expected something like a boost of radiance :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

My favourite mask!! It's dripping with serum when you open it! The sheet is thicker than those of 'My Beauty Diary' and some others I've tried. It absorbs in very nicely and your skin feels very bright and plump after. They say brides to be in Asia use this everyday within the last 90 days before their weddings to get a beautiful glow. Will definitely repurchase even though it costs a pretty penny

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by LyrA236

Let's be very frank here. This stuff is very pricey. So, you need to try it first to see if this is something you need for your skin. I have used these masks 7 times, and typically use them once a week. You open a foil packet and remove a soft cloth-like paper shield that goes over your face. Do this in front of a mirror so that the eye, nose and mouth openings line up. Pull the paper taught to the edges of your face. You will feel a very cold gel against your skin, similar in texture to aloe vera. Let the mask sit on your face for at least 20 minutes. (Yes, you will be teased about looking like Jason or Hannibal Lecter.) Do squeeze out any residue in the foil packet and rub it into your neck, chest, arms, etc. What this does is moisturize and soften incredibly and it leaves your skin plump and refreshed. It feels very hydrated with no stickiness or greasiness whatsoever. Are there cheaper ways to get hydration? You bet. You have to try this for yourself to see if it is worth it to you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is THE mask if you want an instant (and I mean instant) smoothness, softer, even-toned, pore-tightening/diminishing (if i can say that), glowy, healthy, luminous, supple, and hydrated baby-like skin. No kidding ladies! This mask is superb. It is an expensive product but works wonders instantly. Great for special occasions for sure. I however, use this once in two weeks because (BIG THANKS to SK-II) each packet contains alot of essence which I dump out into small containers that I use everyday to apply the essence as a serum. I usually use this as night serum because it is so expensive and applying it at night maximizes it's potential. The extra serum lasts me about two weeks and it just helps to maintain the effect of the mask treatment (which otherwise would diminish by the 2nd day) after which I use my mask again to give me the extra treatement. In all money well spent. I prefer this to the Cle de Peau Facial Treatment Mask (which i thought was HG for me) because Cle de Peau is 1) more expensive for less treatment masks (6 masks for $165 or $175 Cdn (before taxes) vs. this one which is 10 masks for $125 Cdn (before taxes)), 2) results for CdP can be seen the next morning, 3) no residual treatments left that i can use as serum, and 4) CdP leaves a residual greasy film on my skin. Don't get me wrong, I still love my CdP Mask and probably will continue to use that too but this one has more uses and provides instantaneous results. Akin to CdP this is 1000 times better than an actual facial. Btw, I applied the residual essence on my hands which are utterly dry, flaky and raw, and the next morning my hands felt smoother, softer, supple, and youthful. Definite repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I received a mask as part of a promotion for SKII. I had read Paula Begoun's reviews on this brand so wasn't expecting miracles. This was a very wet sheet mask, I had to remove some of the product from the mask prior to applying to my face as the liquid was just dripping off it. I kept this liquid in the original foil packet and just sealed it with tape. Not sure how I will use this in future, I will probably just apply it as a splash-on toner.

I left the mask on for around an hour, until it started to dry out. Upon removal, my skin did look more even toned, and my dark spots on my forehead (which I am trying desperately to remove with all sorts of different products) looked lighter. I was surprised at the results from this mask, but I knew that the dark spot fading would only be temporary. As I thought, the next morning my dark spots are back to their original darkness.

I did like this mask, but I do love sheet masks anyway as they are so relaxing to wear. I wouldn't buy these ones again as not only are they ridiculously expensive, they also give only a temporary effect. Maybe if I used one every couple of days my skin would retain the results longer, but I don't have that much money to spare! I think these are worth a try if you can get them cheap enough, but I don't see these as being a necessity in my skincare routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by wenderella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got a pack of 6 the night before my wedding, for SG$122 (that's about US$100?). What can I say, it was the one time in my life to splurge.

Anyway that works out to be SG$20 per mask, which is HOLY SMOKES expensive. How did I convince myself to pay for a pack of masks for SG$122? Getting married makes people do the most out-of-character things I suppose.

Anyway, effect wise, it was good I guess. Good but not phenomenal. What makes this mask slightly better than other normal ones (e.g. Hada Labo, Neutrogena), was that it gave my skin a plumpness on top of hydrating it.

But... considering that it's 6X the cost of what I buy usually, I would be crazy to repurchase this. Unless I strike it big one day, then I might just soak in a bath of SK-II essence..?

So I'm taking off 1 star for the price, otherwise it's a satisfactory mask. (But I must say it's not THAT much better than normal sheet masks).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yes, this is the Birkin, Aston Martin of face masks. It's expensive.

First off, I don't expect miracles from my skin care. No skin care can create the same effects that genetics and lifestyle (lots of water, good diet, easy on the salt, cigarettes, and alcohol) will do for your skin.

Its a sheet mask, you will look crazy wearing it. Sometimes, when I put it on and walk into the room my fiance is startled because I look like a deranged serial killer.

How I wear it: The SK II mask is something I use once or twice a week. I use a cleanser and toner, followed by a mud mask to make sure my skin is as clean as possible and ready to 'absorb' the essence. The masks are very very wet, they are soaked in essence - so therefore, before taking the mask out I lightly squeeze some of the essence back in the packaging. I rub some of it on my eyes (since the mask does not cover your eyes), and put the mask on. I leave it on for a long time. I believe the directions say 5-15 minutes, but I leave it on until it feels dry - anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. Afterwards, I don't wash my face. When I take the mask off, I normally squeeze and squeeze the mask until I get all of the essence on and use that to further massage on to my face and neck. After 10 minutes or so I apply my normal moisturizer and call it a night. I find it best to wear the mask at night because it is very rich. If I need to do the mask during the day, I'll give myself several hours for it to soak in before doing my make up.

SKII is very very generous with the amount of essence in these masks. Normally, I keep the leftover essence and store in the fridge. I have around 1 week (!!!) of essence to use as a serum (day and night) left over! Therefore, I can validate the price. :)

The result: I have never experienced break outs or irritation from this mask, but I do not have acne prone or sensitive skin. However, the La Mer sheet masks which are another highly moisturizing/rich product gave me the worst cystic acne of my life. I have pretty nice skin to start with - never oily, no acne, no aging issues (yet), and not particularly dry. This mask does give me beautiful skin - my face feels smoother, there is a glow and dewiness to it, it feels very moisturizer. It's a life saver for dry weather and flights.

I haven't experienced any 'miracles' or hugely noticeable differences of my skin before using this mask and after. It's a wonderful moisturizing mask that consistently gives me the same result a facial would and I've had no adverse reactions to it. I will continue repurchasing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No