October 31, 2014 | 893 users online

Lipstick - Laura Mercier - Bing Cherry

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by jg7251

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick and it is such a great wine red on my tan, Indian skin. It really complements my skin tone and makes my teeth look whiter. The staying power is wonderful without making your lips feel dry. And it's the perfect red for this season's stand-out red lips that everyone's wearing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, my. Oh, my. I'm so in love with this lipstick right now. It is, literally, the perfect red for me. I think it just might be the perfect red for a lot of people! I'm pale-skinned, brown-eyed, and brunette, and Bing Cherry makes me feel sultry and strong and intense. It is described on the website as "creme rich burned red" I'd say that is very accurate. It is a deep, bloody, neutral red with a hint of pomegranate. Not orange, not purple. Maybe a nice balance of blue, pink, and brown. Not at all overwhelming. A "just bitten" kind of red. It really does look like a dark cherry.

The formula is amazingly creamy and silky. It contains shea butter, evening primrose oil, grapeseed oil, and a plumping Maxi-Lip peptide complex. It is extremely moisturizing, even after the color is gone.

I would say that Laura Mercier's Bing Cherry joins Bare Mineral's Red Zin and MAC's Dubonnet in my small group of favorite lipsticks of all time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this lipstick. I do think it is a beautiful deep red, and the texture and staying power are fantastic. My skin tone is a very pale olive (BB Warm Ivory/ LM Blush Ivory) and Bing Cherry appears more like a bright red-plum. No brown or orange whatsoever, and it definitely makes your teeth look whiter. You can apply it straight from the tube and it can be quite deep, or as a stain that is more pinkish (a little pinker/less purple than a true bing cherry stain). My issue is that I have very full lips, and this color really makes them stand out, maybe a bit too much. In fact, the first thing my DH said when he saw me was, OMG you look like a clown! But, the color is flattering, so I suggest trying it. You don't need much other makeup when wearing this, since it will brighten your whole face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first saw this new lipstick being offered only online at Laura Mercier, I knew I had to have it. I hoped it would suit me, and it seemed that no matter how I heard about it, it pointed to a positive result. I stumbled across an article about it in Good Housekeeping of all places, and the information was that it was the perfect red lipstick to suit just about anyone. I looked at the accompanying pictures of various staff members wearing it, and it seemed to be so. I called Laura Mercier's toll-free number to see what they thought of the new colour and how it would suit me; naturally it was a positive response, but in addition to this I was told that I could return it within thirty days if not pleased. Also, it was pointed out that it is Laura's favourite colour this season! At the same time, there was free shipping. I have been wearing Laura Mercier products for some years now and have to say I am a fan; she makes quality products in simple, clean packaging and in some amazing formulas. The lipsticks, in my opinion, are some of the best.

This lipstick is a creme formula and hydrating. The particular red is called a burned red on the site, and it does appear deep; but not brown. It is a cool red, but has underlying tones of brown and pink; perfectly balanced. Wearing it out for the first time, I received several compliments on the colour. It is one of those lipsticks that can be applied full on from the tube for a deep red shade, and then blotted to stain; or applied with a lipstick brush for a softer effect.

Bing Cherry is an apt name: it really does make your lips look like you have indulged in a great, big bowl of icy cherries on a summer's day! Blonde, brunette, or redhead, I think anyone can go out and successfully wear Bing Cherry.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No