July 30, 2014 | 1981 users online

Fragrances - Laura Mercier - Creme de Pistache Eau Gourmande

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by stls

Creme de Pistache is basically a softer, extra nutty and patchouli free version of Angel. I've been a bit traumatized by the Mugler so I haven't bought it so far but I do like it very much. I wish I had smelled it first. Don't let the comparison scare you, Creme de Pistache is far easier to wear and enjoy than Angel.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this fragrance! If you like gourmandes and you like them deep and rich and chocolately - this is for you. It's got a fabulous nutty smell with great undertones of cocoa and vanilla. I wear a lot of dessert type fragrances, but I detest the very cheap light vanilla scents you sometimes get with them. This will have you smelling like a pistachio macaroon from Laduree and it's fabulous. It's got a half decent life in terms of still smelling great after a day at work. I think these fragrances are a tad expensive for what they are - a simple but beautiful and rich sweet tone. But I do love this one.

Be aware that with this whole range the fragrance and the body lotions/bath stuff smell completely different from eachother.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is by far my favorite fragrance of all times. It is sweet, with a slightly nutty smell.

I use this as a body and hair spray. It is subtle enough so you won't choke out anyone around you.

It is not as uber sweet as the Laura Mercier Creme Brulee (which is just too sweet for my taste)

Highly Recommend !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is surprisingly delicious! Whereas I get the Angel similarities, to me it is a beautiful rich fragrance in its own right. Also, the scent offers a clear contrast from Angel - I am one of those people who hates Angel! In this LM fragrance, the pistachio note is wonderful and very distinct. I gave this 4 lippies because I would not wear this every day because it is so heavy, decadent, & rich. It is interesting, yummy & very sexy, however! For me, this is a big night out fragrance, as well as a sexy night in scent. Wear this when you want to be sniffed & lusted after!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by victorialynne

This smells just like Angel to me and I do not like angel in the least. On the plus side; if you like this fragrance it did have great lasting power on my skin. This will most definitely not be a purchase for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by lovelyhazel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Only one lippie for this fragrance. I own the body souffle and the scrub in the Creme de Pistache scent (which have been around forever - the fragrance is new), so I eagerly ordered the matching fragrance when it was released, thinking they would smell the same.

Heavens, no. They smell like completely different fragrances. The most obvious difference, to me, was that patchouli has been added to the fragrance, while there is absolutely no patchouli in the souffle and scrub. The souffle and scrub smell exactly like pistachio pudding - delightfully foody - while this fragrance is an ever so slightly foody patch (to me), with no hints of pistachio pudding at all. I tested this for about 8 hours, and it remained the same throughout.

If you are thinking of adding this to your collection because you love the body souffle and scrub, don't - they are completely different animals. If you like patchouli though, you might want to give this a sniff.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by ABBYEYRE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with milk toast 24- if you love the lotion- do not expect this to be the same at ALL. My husband loves the body creme, but when I sprayed the perfume, he was like "what is that smell? YUK" I absolutely agree that it smells JUST LIKE ANGEL which I hate:(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by milktoast24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, don't expect this fragrance to be the same as the body souffle. I'm a *HUGE* fan of the body cream for its foody gourmand vanilla-nutty-sweet-creamy goodness. However, I was disppointed by this edp, b/c it's not a dupe of the body cream fragrance.

Instead it's some nutty pistachio accords layered over a loud patchouli not unlike Thierry Mugler Angel. No vanilla, no lip-licking sweet creaminess, no almondy praline--Just a hint of the salty pistachios before it quickly flashes off to that powder-ful Angel patchouli base. You will either love it or hate it, depending on how you feel about Angel.

I'm glad I can scratch this off the list. More $$ saved for the body souffle (which has lasting power & sillage that rivals any fine fragrance)!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by SwedishGirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Eau Gourmande Creme de Pistacho is a luscious and delicious fragrance that captures the essence of pistachio nut, almond, praline, hazelnut and whipped cream, combined to create an inviting, seductive and contemporary fragrance. This unique composition is infused with bergamot and fruity nectars, blended with creamy pistachio, white orchid, honey and melted caramel. Tenderness and sensuality are caused by soft woody aromas, smooth, silken vanilla and bitter - sweet chocolate. It is available as 50 ml EDT with bath & body collection.
....................................................................................................
WOW! Gosh! A new release to the amazing Eau Gourmande-series. What great news! I'm crazy about nutty perfumes & honey, really nuts about them ;) ! I own Tarte au Citron & Marrons Glaces, which are my 2 faves from the Gourmand collection by Laura Mercier. So this new nutty release was added to my "want-list" in a heartbeat! WOW! Ps: If anyone has a bottle/decant or such, mail me for a swap! :)