Laura Mercier Creme de Pistache Eau Gourmande

3.4

on 8/23/2015 5:14:00 AM

I like the bittersweet notes to this, a contraste between the creamy pistachio, vanilla and cream with another pungent almost tart like smell, it lingers on my skin forever but it's definitely a Fall Winter fragrance, not my favorite of the Eau Gourmand but I enjoy it nonetheless.

on 6/2/2015 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This does smell like angel when you first spray it on. When I first sprayed it, I was walking down the street and thought "oh know what have I done, this smells awful!" After about 20 minutes, I started getting sweet whiffs of scent that I could not stop smelling. The die down of this perfume is just beautiful. It is a mix of sweet vanilla, and the tiniest hint of Angel, mixed together. I personally thought angel was way too strong and over powering, but this I cannot stop smelling I am literally addicted to my wrist.

Something about this is intoxicating. My advice, let it react with your body chemistry for a few minutes before making a judgement. I hated it at first, and now I cant wait to go back and buy it.

on 2/24/2015 10:51:00 PM

I completely understand the comparison to Angel. If you're a lover of Angel (and Lord knows, you people are out there, drowning yourselves in it so you can let everyone know you're here and get used to it), you would probably like this. It has all the nice features of Angel (the sweetness, the slight musk, the longevity) without that patchouli note (that personally makes me run for the hills). This is so much more than just a gourmand. It's rich and deep and very feminine. Really pleasantly surprised by this, as the reviews are very mixed. I think it's a winner.

on 2/12/2015 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I am echoing a lot of other reviews, but this could definitely be a little sister of Angel. CDP opens with plenty of sweet nutty goodness; a pristine scoop of pistachio ice cream next to a macaron. Then it warms into more of an almond bubble tea. Once it has settled on my skin, it definitely smells like Angel without the super assertive patch note. I love how Angel smells on me after about 6 hours wear so this fragrance is a good short cut to that scent. I do feel it is different enough from Angel to merit a purchase should you already own one or the other. CDP has great longevity as well. The sillage is modest but it is more of a skin scent in my opinion. It is such a beautifully blended gourmand, truly smooth and mellow. Boring bottle, but that hardly matters. No screechy or synthetic edges. I like layering this with Laura Mercier Vanilla for a true ice cream sundae scent confection.

on 6/26/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Creme de Pistache is basically a softer, extra nutty and patchouli free version of Angel. I've been a bit traumatized by the Mugler so I haven't bought it so far but I do like it very much. I wish I had smelled it first. Don't let the comparison scare you, Creme de Pistache is far easier to wear and enjoy than Angel.

on 12/21/2013 5:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love this fragrance! If you like gourmandes and you like them deep and rich and chocolately - this is for you. It's got a fabulous nutty smell with great undertones of cocoa and vanilla. I wear a lot of dessert type fragrances, but I detest the very cheap light vanilla scents you sometimes get with them. This will have you smelling like a pistachio macaroon from Laduree and it's fabulous. It's got a half decent life in terms of still smelling great after a day at work. I think these fragrances are a tad expensive for what they are - a simple but beautiful and rich sweet tone. But I do love this one.

Be aware that with this whole range the fragrance and the body lotions/bath stuff smell completely different from eachother.

on 11/30/2013 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is by far my favorite fragrance of all times. It is sweet, with a slightly nutty smell.

I use this as a body and hair spray. It is subtle enough so you won't choke out anyone around you.

It is not as uber sweet as the Laura Mercier Creme Brulee (which is just too sweet for my taste)

Highly Recommend !

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is surprisingly delicious! Whereas I get the Angel similarities, to me it is a beautiful rich fragrance in its own right. Also, the scent offers a clear contrast from Angel - I am one of those people who hates Angel! In this LM fragrance, the pistachio note is wonderful and very distinct. I gave this 4 lippies because I would not wear this every day because it is so heavy, decadent, & rich. It is interesting, yummy & very sexy, however! For me, this is a big night out fragrance, as well as a sexy night in scent. Wear this when you want to be sniffed & lusted after!!

This smells just like Angel to me and I do not like angel in the least. On the plus side; if you like this fragrance it did have great lasting power on my skin. This will most definitely not be a purchase for me.

on 11/16/2010 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Only one lippie for this fragrance. I own the body souffle and the scrub in the Creme de Pistache scent (which have been around forever - the fragrance is new), so I eagerly ordered the matching fragrance when it was released, thinking they would smell the same.

Heavens, no. They smell like completely different fragrances. The most obvious difference, to me, was that patchouli has been added to the fragrance, while there is absolutely no patchouli in the souffle and scrub. The souffle and scrub smell exactly like pistachio pudding - delightfully foody - while this fragrance is an ever so slightly foody patch (to me), with no hints of pistachio pudding at all. I tested this for about 8 hours, and it remained the same throughout.

If you are thinking of adding this to your collection because you love the body souffle and scrub, don't - they are completely different animals. If you like patchouli though, you might want to give this a sniff.

Popular Fragrances