April 20, 2014 | 1645 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Stepping Stone

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Yrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although it does smell good (for me it smells more like a lemon leaf, than lemonade) and it has a nice cooling effect.... it lasts like half second. It makes feet a little softer, but not the way they sell it: they said it would be like pumice stone's crumbles: not AT ALL. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will give LUSH credit--they have some of the more imaginative beauty products on the market. This one, unfortunately, was more form than function:

Pros:

1. The scent. The scrub had a light mint, lime and herbal fragrance. I enjoyed it more than the actual scrub itself. I purchased it a few weeks before I used it, and it gave my bathroom a nice scent (I left it in the original bag provided in-store--more about that later).

2. The "sensation." Given the ingredients, the stone fizzled and felt pleasant on my feet. It also provided a cooling feeling. It was pleasurable enough, I suppose.

3. The softening...on my legs, and everywhere but the soles of my feet. There's just enough pumice in this scrub to be one of the better general "rough skin" scrubs I've used. This would likely sell a lot more if it were re-purposed as such a product, because the balance of jojoba oil and the scrub left my skin incredibly smooth--and the effects lasted at least 12 hours.

But this is supposed to be a foot scrub, no? In that case...

Cons:

1. Ineffective sloughing power. I sensed early on during my pedicure that this scrub had little to no impact on the soles of my feet. Which is likely why I started using it on my legs--it was either that or pitch it. The scrub just does not have enough pumice or substance to stand up to more than mildly rough feet. I can imagine this would be a great therapeutic product, for general relaxing or aromatherapy. But for its stated purpose? It's lackluster at best.

2. Green coloring leaves stains. Be sure to fully rinse the scrub's residue away after use, as it will leave a slight green cast on whatever it touches. Additionally, it temporarily stained my bare toenails a delightful Hulk bright green. The purpose of my giving myself a pedicure is to prepare my bare nails for polish. I'm not going to leave a coat of polish on to protect the nails from the product which is intended to prep them to be polished...I'm not sure why some LUSH products are so heavy on visual impact that they lose focus on what they're supposed to be doing in the first place.

3. Fast dissolve rate. The way I was instructed to use this in the store would ensure I'd use one of these for each pedicure. Rather than adding enough water to the broken foot pieces (which I found somewhat distasteful, but hey, when in LUSH world, I tend to suspend belief in traditional product nomenclature--I mean, look at the name of their henna) to make a slush, I added just enough to make a thick paste. But it still dissolved so quickly that any scrubbing action which occurred? Almost went directly down the drain.

If you do purchase this, be sure to remove it from the original bag if you don't intend to immediately use the product. The bag began to absorb the oils within the scrub, causing the "stone" to become more brittle than I would have liked.

I can't recommend this product for much other than a way to provide more sales commission to a LUSH associate. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by xPINKBEARx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was horrible. The smell is great and I guess it kinda helped moisturize my feet a litttle, but it crumbled before I even got to use it and had absolutely no scrubby power whatsoever. Nothing compared to a pumi stone and a good foot cream!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ncjdivadancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great smell! Smells like lemonade. It crumbled apart immediately ( I didn't even get it wet) and you can't use it to scrub like a pumice stone like I expected. Would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by alt629

The smell of this is absolutely fantastic... thus my purchase. I tried to use this on wet bath-soaked feet as a scrub, and it was virtually melting away on contact. I really didn't feel like it was scrubbing anything. In fact, the body sugar scrubs are WAY more scrubby than their foot scrub. This I don't understand. I might just get one to toss in the glove compartment as a car air freshener b/c the lemongrass smell is amazing. The product just doesn't do much!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product is crrrap! it disolves so quicky, it's almost near impossible to use in the shower (i use this on my whole body cuz i love love love the smell) when im done in the shower, i rub this all over my body and quickly put it back to dry. i rub this all over and then wash off.. my skin doesnt feel all that exfoliated.. neither my feet. it smells amazing but its one of those scents that wash down the drain and dont remain, for me anyways.
the SA told me this was a one time use product but the way i've listed above to use it, lasts me longer. i wouldnt buy this product again and i wouldnt recommend at all.