August 27, 2014 | 968 users online

Eyeliner - Hard Candy - Take Me Out Liner in Abyss

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

worst eyeliner ive ever used in my life. BURNED my eyes on application. i didnt even get any in my eyes. i know how to apply eyeliner, ive worn blackliner every day for the past 10 years. the pencil was brand new. i didnt poke my eye. it just burned like crazy and i had to take it off. ive never gotten this reaction from any eyeliner ever. terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by spirallingshape

Hate, HATE this eyeliner. I bought it after seeing it on a friend of mine, expecting (as it looked on her) an opaque black with some glitter--nope. This stuff goes on sheer grey, the pencil is hard, the glitter is gritty, and it makes my eyes sting and burn like none other. I didn't get it in my eye, I didn't stab myself in the eye with the pencil, I just applied it to the upper lash line and the very outer edge of the lower lash line like I normally do with pencil liners. Eyeliner vet here guys, I know what I'm doing :P

The packaging (not really packaging, but I don't know what else to call it) is silly too; the part of the pencil containing the product is only about half the length of the whole thing, and the rest is just a long handle in the color and finish of the product...which I suppose could be useful in the sense that when you get down to the end you're not left with an unusable little stump, but it still seems like it's just going to take up extra space in your makeup bag. Besides that, several of the pencils in my Walmart have come detached from their handles just sitting in the store, which isn't a good sign.

I don't hate many makeup products, even if they're not what I was expecting...and I wouldn't hate this one either, if it didn't murder my poor eyeballs. Unfortunately, though, it does, and I'll not be touching Hard Candy's glitter pencil liners again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

After waiting two months for Walmart to restock these in my area, I got my hands on one! Lond story short, this is pretty good.

So Abyss is black with silver glitter. The pencil is kind of soft (so you have to pretty much sharpen with each use or two) and the formula is kind of sheer, but buildable. I don't know if this was because of the liner, but my eyes were itching a little bit around my lash line a few hours after I applied this. Something to keep in mind if you have makeup allergies.

Also, I noticed that Abyss is a pretty close dupe for UD's Oil Slick liner, which I also have. Both are kind of a sheer charcoal-y black with silver glitter. I like Oil Slick better, but if you can't afford that one, Abyss is just as good.

Over all, I think I would buy this again. You should check this out if you are into glitter liners.