April 17, 2014 | 1973 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Shine #33 Wild Blackberry

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by russetandvermilion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this is one of the most amazing lipsticks EVERRR! I purchased it because of how strange it looked (strange as in sexy and vampire inspired). I read in an article this is Florence Welch from Florence and the Machines go to lipstick. I love the packaging and the quality. It wears on and on...the shade is a mystical, deeeeeeeep purple that is very bold. This is a lipstick for a confident woman!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

I love this lipstick. For a little while, it was the only lipstick I would go for, just because it was perfect for winter. In the tube, it looks a scary and intimidating black burgundy shade but when applied on the lips, it makes my lips look berry stained. I like that the texture is like a lip gloss without any form of gooeyness. It has more of a texture of a lip stain than a lipstick. The pigment is quite strong but it can be blended out with your fingers to give a stained effect. Definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Emazing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a dark blood red lipstick and this color is pretty close to what Ive been looking for. HOWEVER, after many attempts, I realized that it is impossible to wear this without lipliner all over the lips. This lipstick runs SOOO MUCH and I hate the way it looks when it starts running. I ends up looking uneven. On the other hand, i like the smell, taste and moisture of it. This is like a lipgloss molded into a lipstick. i like the packaging cause I was able to double the outer piece as a mirror (somewhat). All in all, I would NOT spend as much as I did on it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by alabaster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks ghoulish on the tube but was a sheer burgundy magenta on my lips. Like the juice of crushed burgundy rose petals. It could be a bit more moisturizing tho. I am a NC20 asian with pale lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

We are just not meant to be!

Purchased from Sephora for some ungodly amount like $30 because I fell in love with it's juicy, lustrous, vampyrousness - but I could never make it work.

Pros: Hell, I can't think of any

Cons:
Packaging: clunky, large, plastic, loud - just looks cheap;
Smell: friendly and fruity but too candy-like for me;
Finish: it dried as an uneven stain too often, took forever to dry, was MESSY;
Texture: super wet, but always dried out my lips(!?);
*Color: a pretty and dark vamp red/berry that could go on lighter but didn't save it for me*

Even now I'm trying to figure out a way to not swap this because the color is so sultry in the tube *sigh*...