July 29, 2014 | 1269 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Words cannot explain my love for rouge coco's, my favourite lipstick line. I find that for me, they are the best all rounder lipstick in terms of pigmentation, lasting power, comfort, hydration and price. Find a lipstick which has better lasting power, and it tends to be more drying etc. I also find many shades in the range appealing, which is rare for me. At first they seem boring, but take a closer look and keep an eye out for new releases! Yes, it is still expensive and even though you can find better lipsticks at a higher price, I am not willing to pay any more than I do for rouge coco. Shades can vary in quality and finish, which is why you should always test a lipstick first before purchase! Most are fairly pigmented, with variation among shades and on average tend to last about four hours on me, which changes depending on how much I drink and eat. That may not seem like much? But is superior compared to other lipsticks in my collection. I love their creamy, but not too creamy and balmy texture, they apply smoothly and hydrate my lips better than most lippies, excluding those balm hybrids, which unfortunately tend to lack pigment. At the very least, they retain existing moisture and do not dry the lips out. I find them comfortable to wear and I love the scent! Smells like roses at first, and then fades into raspberries. It dissipates fairly quickly though. I also love the classy packaging. My favourites are: vendome - warm red, ce soir - muted plum, icone - golden beige and mystique - pink apricot. I also intend to buy more! It saddens me that these do not get more love, but I know everyone is different :).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Tirje980

I have #76 sari dore. My first Chanel lipstick! The colour is really really really gorgeous!. The staying power is ok, but it tends to set on the lines on my lips after a while.. It is not that moisturising, it is inferior to most YSL lip products. Overall I still prefer my HG YSL lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Rouge Cocos are very hit-or-miss for me, the vast majority on the miss side. For being a supposedly moisturizing formula they feel quite drying on my lips, far more than the Rouge Allures (my HG lippy) are. They also can be quite inconsistent with the formula--some are VERY drying, some feel horribly heavy, and some are creamy enough to be tolerable. I've tried many, and own one--#80 Etole. While I adore it, I've found the Rouge Cocos also lack the glow that the Rouge Allures have. I wonder what the point of these were when Chanel already had a hit with their Rouge Allures. I'll only purchase a Rouge Coco if I can't find a Rouge Allure equivalent and if it doesn't leave my lips desperate for moisture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have two (beige felin 01 and camelia 10). Love the colors but still don't think I will repurchase. Here are my reasons: it does apply smoothly and does not dry out my lips (with Chanel lip balb underneath, that is) but after some time (about 30 minutes) the lipstick itself dries on my lips leaving something like a crust (but my lips still feel hydrated - I cannot comprehend that). So my lips feel nice but they LOOK dry. To remedy that I need to lick the lipstick on my lips and rub my lips together to restore the original look on my lips. I don't think it's worth purchasing a lipstick if I need to buy a matching lip balm as well when I know a lipstick that works great without all those weird things that I described above (for me that lipstick is Estee Lauder's Signature lipstick)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by hannah0930

Hey hey !!
Who would say no to Chanel ??
Great colors , great packaging and lasts ..
The creamy texture didn't dry my lips and the color is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I very sweet friend gave me a Rouge Coco to try because I have wanted to try it for so long! I'm glad I tried it, but I cannot understand the hype about this lipstick, or why someone would pay so much for it. How is it different from any drugstore lipstick? it has a perfumey smell, like L'oreal lipsticks do, and to be honest the texture is very similar to L'oreal color riche lipsticks (which I don't like much). The texture is a bit dry. It wears the same amount of time as any lipstick (like Revlon Colorburst or MAC etc). Colors aren't anything out of this world either. I just don't get it. What is special about it? That said, I wear it because it is a nice color and it makes me think of my kind friend who gave this to me :).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by charlx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been on a Chanel binge recently and picked up Rouge Coco in Stunning last year and it's my go-to lipstick. It's a very sheer rosy nude with a really nice shimmer that reads very natural. It's pretty moisturizing and really, really pretty. I love wearing it because it's a MLBB so I don't feel overdone. There is the typical Chanel-ish fragrance to this one, but I don't mind it. It seems to last a pretty long time for being such a sheer shade, too... that's always a plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Jowina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Orderd it online in shade 25, Vendomme. Its a warm red with hint of brown and orange. Will try it as a big step from my usual nude/neutral faves. Color felt light on my lips with no funny smell. Packaging is ok. Expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by nan1217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! It's beautiful on my lips. I purchased Byzantin 28 from Sak's 5th Avenue. I feel like it makes me look more sophisticated when I wear it with everything. I can't stress how much I love this line of COCO Chanel lipstick! I would definatily wear this year round!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this line. I have Chintz, Mademoiselle, Bois des Iles, and my HG Talisman. I don't see Talisman (#27) listed in a separate review so I thought I would put it here. This is my favourite lip colour and I use it all the time. The SA at Saks picked it out for me and it is the perfect warm, spicy brick/orange/red shade for my pale skin with yellow undertones (BB Sand, MAC C2-3). It gives me a beautiful but understated red lip. It is not a true red (and no blue undertones) but the effect is similar and easier to wear. It also makes a lovely "stain" that I like to wear alone or under gloss. I think it is very similar to Bois des Iles but without the gold shimmer. It is a great colour for those with warm undertones, not too red, not too orange and extremely flattering. Highly recommended.