October 25, 2014 | 887 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Shelly2015

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE the Rouge Coco range. Like another reviewer previously stated, I really don't know why there isn't more reviews and love for this Lippie! I must admit I am a Chanel junkie, but that being said, if the product is awful I won't use it even if it is Chanel! I have a big problem with the taste of lipsticks, there are so many on the market that make me almost gag they taste so bad. I bought a Covergirl one in an impulse buy at the chemist and loved the colour but wow the taste reminded me of a Grandma's lipstick. Maybe it's just me! But if you know what I mean by that old fashioned over powering floral scented taste, then you'll know that's either a taste you love or hate! It seems lots of brands have a horrible taste these days. I used to wear Rimmel as a teenager and even that tastes awful now. So I was desperate to find a lippy with good pigment and staying power and one that wouldn't make me sick wearing it! Once again Chanel was my saviour! I have been wearing the Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour for a couple of years. I was wearing shade 13 Gardenia, but after not being able to find that colour moved to Colour 10 Camelia. I love it!! It goes on smoothly and feels soft and creamy on my lips, there's no stickiness just smooth even colour. It has really god staying power, even after eating It still looks good. Possibly because its close to my natural lip colour it looks like it stays quite well. I must venture out of my comfort zone and try something brighter and see how that holds up! I feel my lips are hydrated and in much better condition since using it, so it does what it says on the box! And with such a large range of colours to choose from, there is a colour for everyone! The packaging is exquisite, as are all Chanel Products! I do remember a few years ago they used to have velvet type lipstick pouches with all their lipsticks, but now there is just the box. It would be nice if they could bring this back so it keeps your lippy package looking shiny and clean! But apart from that its fantastic and no cloying awful taste, which is the deal clincher for me!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Words cannot explain my love for rouge coco's, my favourite lipstick line. I find that for me, they are the best all rounder lipstick in terms of pigmentation, lasting power, comfort, hydration and price. Find a lipstick which has better lasting power, and it tends to be more drying etc. I also find many shades in the range appealing, which is rare for me. At first they seem boring, but take a closer look and keep an eye out for new releases! Yes, it is still expensive and even though you can find better lipsticks at a higher price, I am not willing to pay any more than I do for rouge coco. Shades can vary in quality and finish, which is why you should always test a lipstick first before purchase! Most are fairly pigmented, with variation among shades and on average tend to last about four hours on me, which changes depending on how much I drink and eat. That may not seem like much? But is superior compared to other lipsticks in my collection. I love their creamy, but not too creamy and balmy texture, they apply smoothly and hydrate my lips better than most lippies, excluding those balm hybrids, which unfortunately tend to lack pigment. At the very least, they retain existing moisture and do not dry the lips out. I find them comfortable to wear and I love the scent! Smells like roses at first, and then fades into raspberries. It dissipates fairly quickly though. I also love the classy packaging. My favourites are: vendome - warm red, ce soir - muted plum, icone - golden beige and mystique - pink apricot. I also intend to buy more! It saddens me that these do not get more love, but I know everyone is different :).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Tirje980

I have #76 sari dore. My first Chanel lipstick! The colour is really really really gorgeous!. The staying power is ok, but it tends to set on the lines on my lips after a while.. It is not that moisturising, it is inferior to most YSL lip products. Overall I still prefer my HG YSL lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Rouge Cocos are very hit-or-miss for me, the vast majority on the miss side. For being a supposedly moisturizing formula they feel quite drying on my lips, far more than the Rouge Allures (my HG lippy) are. They also can be quite inconsistent with the formula--some are VERY drying, some feel horribly heavy, and some are creamy enough to be tolerable. I've tried many, and own one--#80 Etole. While I adore it, I've found the Rouge Cocos also lack the glow that the Rouge Allures have. I wonder what the point of these were when Chanel already had a hit with their Rouge Allures. I'll only purchase a Rouge Coco if I can't find a Rouge Allure equivalent and if it doesn't leave my lips desperate for moisture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have two (beige felin 01 and camelia 10). Love the colors but still don't think I will repurchase. Here are my reasons: it does apply smoothly and does not dry out my lips (with Chanel lip balb underneath, that is) but after some time (about 30 minutes) the lipstick itself dries on my lips leaving something like a crust (but my lips still feel hydrated - I cannot comprehend that). So my lips feel nice but they LOOK dry. To remedy that I need to lick the lipstick on my lips and rub my lips together to restore the original look on my lips. I don't think it's worth purchasing a lipstick if I need to buy a matching lip balm as well when I know a lipstick that works great without all those weird things that I described above (for me that lipstick is Estee Lauder's Signature lipstick)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by hannah0930

Hey hey !!
Who would say no to Chanel ??
Great colors , great packaging and lasts ..
The creamy texture didn't dry my lips and the color is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I very sweet friend gave me a Rouge Coco to try because I have wanted to try it for so long! I'm glad I tried it, but I cannot understand the hype about this lipstick, or why someone would pay so much for it. How is it different from any drugstore lipstick? it has a perfumey smell, like L'oreal lipsticks do, and to be honest the texture is very similar to L'oreal color riche lipsticks (which I don't like much). The texture is a bit dry. It wears the same amount of time as any lipstick (like Revlon Colorburst or MAC etc). Colors aren't anything out of this world either. I just don't get it. What is special about it? That said, I wear it because it is a nice color and it makes me think of my kind friend who gave this to me :).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by charlx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been on a Chanel binge recently and picked up Rouge Coco in Stunning last year and it's my go-to lipstick. It's a very sheer rosy nude with a really nice shimmer that reads very natural. It's pretty moisturizing and really, really pretty. I love wearing it because it's a MLBB so I don't feel overdone. There is the typical Chanel-ish fragrance to this one, but I don't mind it. It seems to last a pretty long time for being such a sheer shade, too... that's always a plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Jowina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Orderd it online in shade 25, Vendomme. Its a warm red with hint of brown and orange. Will try it as a big step from my usual nude/neutral faves. Color felt light on my lips with no funny smell. Packaging is ok. Expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by nan1217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! It's beautiful on my lips. I purchased Byzantin 28 from Sak's 5th Avenue. I feel like it makes me look more sophisticated when I wear it with everything. I can't stress how much I love this line of COCO Chanel lipstick! I would definatily wear this year round!