August 30, 2014 | 1880 users online

Lips - Fyrinnae - Lip Lustre in Ultra Phantom

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the lip lustres in Romantique and Ultra Phantom. I like that they aren't sticky, and the colors are very unique. I have to say that they are too slippery to use alone as a gloss; they streak and settle in lip lines. What I love about them though, is that I can put a dab on my finger and pat over other lip products to get a really cool effect. Ultra Phantom adds a silver-to-lavender duochrome cast to whatever lip product I'm using, with tiny blue sparkles. It looks shimmery but not frosty when used this way, and makes my lips look really full. Would definitely buy again, though since I only use a bit at a time, I might never need to!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Jessmoberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ultra Phantom is one of Fyrinnae's newer Lip Lustre colours. The site says this: "Sheer aqua sparkle (not plastic or metal glitter, but soft, non-gritty sparkle!) that turns to pink in different light or angles, and sometimes almost pale orange. Looks cool worn alone, stunning over black or dark purple lipstick, or perks up a plain pink. Dark chocolate peppermint scent."

I ordered this completely on a whim, and I love it. On my lips, it's sheer and pinkish, with a light, silvery-blue, sparkly sheen where it catches the light. Layered over other lip colors creates a lot of interesting effects as well. For those who like the idea of a blue lip but don't want to go all the way with Ryunome, this is a much more subtle substitute and will let you get a feel for how you like a pale blue on your lips.

My only complaint is that the sparkles ended up all over my face by the end of the night.