April 18, 2014 | 982 users online

Deodorants - Mitchum Smart Solid Clinical Performance - Unscented

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by laurindrsn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Started out as an affordable, effective clinical deodorant. I happened upon it, finding it on sale at my local drugstore. After a month of use unsightly black/grey scabs began to appear under my arms- followed by odd itching. This has never occurred with any deodorant for me- clinical or fragrant. Initially I thought I cut myself shaving, but after breaking from shaving for two wks the scabs fell off...only for new ones to appear. I will pay extra for clinical Secret/Degree and hate that I switched to save a few dollars. Please be advised. I now have to spend money to heal my sores, switch back to my original deodorant, and will have scarring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product, and it is my HG. It keeps me dry and I don't have the problem with irritations that a lot of people here have had.
The only problem I have is about 3/4 th of the way down the product tends to crumble and half the stick breaks, and then it becomes unusable and I have to toss it out.
It goes on sale often at CVS and Walgreen's and there is usually a $1.00 off coupon, so I can get it for about a dollar.
I prefer the unscented version.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by NaturalBeauty43

First off, I never break out. So therefore I can use any type of products. This review is for the "powder Scent" not the " unscented. This is by far the best cheaper deodorant that I have ever used! It is a solid that goes on clear. It feels a little wet the first few times you use it but that's because of the moisturizer quality. Your armpits stay dry, Odor free even the next morning, and the price is cheap $ 4.00 for a clinical. Not the usual $ 10.00 price tag. This was a great find I have been using this for 2 years and have never had a problem.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worked fine, but in one day this broke me out. Nothing like a big zit in your pit to ruin your day. Even if this worked, it's not worth the acne.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kimberlytric

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using this for several weeks a black scab like line started to form and I can't get rid of it. I stumbled upon this website when I started to research this and it seems I am not the only one with this issue. I am throwing this out immediately!!! DO NOT PURCHASE THIS DEODORANTS!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My main complaint is that this product smells like a pickle. Yes, slightly dill pickle like with a slight hint of powder. It fades a few hours after application but still, it's nasty.
Complaint number two is that the stick doesn't glide over my skin well. So it breaks off into chunks. Then one one chunk breaks off, more chunks break off until it's all gone. The stick also has an odd consistency, it feels wet to the touch and is rubbery and spongey. Truly odd. It does however, provide good protection against sweating and odor (as long as you don't mind smelling like a pickle). I bought this because I was working at a job where I walked all day.
I am using the stick I have simply not to be wasteful and never repurchasing this side show pickle oddity again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by madmm_x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really excited when I found this product at Target. I'd tried Certain-Dri for several years, but it irritated my skin, burned holes in my tops, & had lost all effectiveness. I went through two tubes of Dove's clinical AP, but didn't like how it never seemed to dry, my pits always felt squishy, and it left marks on my clothes (even after only applying @ night). Again, it stopped being effective.
So I was thrilled when I found a clinical strength AP in a solid. Mine didn't come with any directions, which I thought was odd. I applied 1-2 swipes in the morning, like a reg AP, but was sweating heavily within a half hour. Not only that, but my sweat was sticky/tacky, like half dried glue. I decided to use it at night, like the other clinical APs I've tried. Same routine, 1-2 swipes, mainly because it did feel "juicy" if I applied more than that. Voila! It worked really well for about two weeks, and I thought it would be my HG for hyperhydrosis. Not so much. After the initial two weeks, it didn't keep me dry, instead I had sticky armpits with the embarrassing huge sweat rings. It didn't even protect against odor. I don't have any odor when I don't sweat buckets, but I sweat very heavily during work, and I was horrified to be able to smell myself. I wish someone could come up with a diffinitive OTC treatment for hyperhydrosis, it would make a difference in so many lives.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Gabsterelli

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was great at the begining. It kept me smelling fresh all day and dry.. Then about a month or 2 after using this I noticed dark looking scabs under my arms!! The next morning I tried scrubbing it off, peeling off and even shaving!!. I looked up my problem and got mixed info. I decided to stop using it for a week and went back to my old deodorant and low and behold.. I was able to scrub off the scabs with a puff.
Ladies please beware of this deodorant if you have sensitive skin. The scabs were utterly disgusting and has left scars under my arms
Will not be purchasing this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by jshaw7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was using secret clinical strength but switched to mitchum because it said it was clinical strength but was a few dollars cheaper then secret. I first tried the scented clincal strength and it stung like crazy when I put it on and broke my underarms out so bad that I'm embarassed to wear tanktops. So, thinking it was the fragrance causing the reaction,I switched to the unscented, but this still broke my underarms out. It also goes on very wet and takes forever to dry. I will definetly be putting out the few extra dollars for secret clinical strength. DONT TRY THIS PRODUCT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Xya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Violet

Mitchum is the only brand I've used that lasts more than a day or through much heat and/or physical activity. I was using the gel, but that seems to strip the dye from the underarm of my shirts for some reason, and is drying. I don't have either of those problems with the solid, and it seems to work just as well. I've tried other brands, but I don't know why when this works so amazingly compared to all the rest.