Mitchum Smart Solid Clinical Performance - Unscented

1.9

on 7/16/2015 4:06:00 PM

I am reviewing Clinical, soft solid (turn the dial and little beads pop up), in powder fresh scent. I'll start off with the fragrance, which is pleasant and not overpowering. I would like to say, to start, that I am horrified that people have developed a fungus on their pits from this deodorant, and I will never buy anything again without first doing my research on this site (well, anything that is reviewed on this site). No wonder the directions say "apply to underarms only." Can you imagine having that awful fungus anywhere else on the body? Anyway, I digress. Even if I wanted to continue to use mine, I can't. The dial went from extremely hard to turn to not budging. I'm now going to find my highest magnification mirror so I can check my armpits for fungus!

on 6/10/2015 6:43:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been lucky enough not to have the scabbing/fungus issue that some reviewers have described, but after reading about those reactions, I'm tossing this out STAT.

It's a bad product for a whole host of other reasons... it really doesn't curb sweating or odor very much at all, and the texture of the deodorant is extremely unappealing. I don't even know how to describe it... sort of like a glue stick that has almost dried out, but has some moisture on the surface? It gives your underarms a gross, clammy feeling, and never seems to dry completely. Huge fail.

on 6/10/2015 1:54:00 AM

Trying to figure out what those nasty scabs are until I started reading about this product. After using it for about 3 weeks, it was constantly itching and burning, until the one day I lifted my arm and surprise nasty nasty scabs. It is a terrible feeling specially coming from an OCD person. Please do yourself a favor and do not buy this product.

on 3/24/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Epic Fail. This product does NOT work.(dropping the mic)

on 3/24/2015 6:50:00 PM

WORST PRODUCT EVER! If I could rate zeros I would. I too got the nasty black scabs under my armpits after a month of use. They're gross and they hurt! I was starting to wonder if something was wrong with my health until I read the reviews for this product. Needless to say, I will not repurchase it.

on 7/20/2014 1:37:00 PM

Very very sticky and takes way too long to dry to wait before putting your shirt on. Also it really doesn't make a difference in how much you sweat. The dry version works a lot better.

on 6/12/2014 11:34:00 AM

This is by far my HG deodorant. Yes, it feels really weird at first... kind of wet and spongy, but you get used to it, and it works amazingly. It keeps me totally dry and I've never had so much as whiff of BO while wearing it. Fortunately I haven't had any of the odd skin reactions that some people have, but I have to agree with another reviewer who said that it always breaks off when you're about 3/4 of the way through. ALWAYS! Every damn stick!! It's so frustrating, but because it's my HG, I've looked past that for the 2 years I've been using it and just keep my cupboards well stocked for when I need to start a new one.

Oh - and I LOVE that this product never leaves white marks or residue on clothes. Never.

On a side note, I've recently discovered that this product is now discontinued - in Canada only maybe? Don't know, but I am devastated! I'm on the hunt for my next go to brand and am already on my 3rd unsuccessful try :(

(I marked it down for price, because it's pretty expensive here in Canada vs the US, and I also marked it down for the end of the stick breakage, but I still give it 5 lippies because I love it so much!)

on 5/28/2014 9:56:00 PM

This is the worst product I have ever put on my body. If it was possible I would personally slap every person involved in creating this deodorant. Am I being a little harsh? Possibly... Am I justified? You decide.

I have used Mitchum deodorants for the past few years, and never had an issue with their other products. However, I started using this nightmare of a product about 3 1/2 weeks ago when I ran out of my regular deodorant and saw this one on sale. Then, about a week ago, so only 2 1/2 weeks into using this deodorant one time per day, I noticed a very intense pain in my underarms while at work. At first I thought maybe the underwire in my bra had come out and was stabbing me in the armpit, because it felt like being stabbed without reprieve. I wish it had been my underwire, but sadly I was not that fortunate. I got home, painfully removed my clothing and looked in the mirror at my armpits. There I discovered thick brown scabs had sprung up in lines all over my armpits. However, they are not scabs, per se. It turns out they are fungi my body has produced in reaction to having this awful excuse of a deodorant put on it. It gets so much better, though. No only are my armpits disgusting to look at now, but they are a combination of intensely painful and itchy all at the same time. I can barely get to sleep, and some times my arms hurt so much I can't lift them. I went to a dermatologist, and I have been treating the fungi with an anti-fungal cream which "will hopefully remove your issue". Even if this cream does work a miracle, I am not allowed to shave my armpits or wear deodorant of any kind until it has healed. That's just what I want with summer coming up, right? Additionally, I was told that I will most likely have scars, if and when the fungus clears up.

Anyway, that's my history with this godforsaken product. If you still think I'm being harsh, please redirect yourself to the beginning of this post and re-read, because clearly you weren't paying attention. If you were involved in creating this "deodorant", please form an orderly line and await your fully justified slap. Although, since I can't lift my arms right now, you might have to stand in line for a while...

on 1/23/2014 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Started out as an affordable, effective clinical deodorant. I happened upon it, finding it on sale at my local drugstore. After a month of use unsightly black/grey scabs began to appear under my arms- followed by odd itching. This has never occurred with any deodorant for me- clinical or fragrant. Initially I thought I cut myself shaving, but after breaking from shaving for two wks the scabs fell off...only for new ones to appear. I will pay extra for clinical Secret/Degree and hate that I switched to save a few dollars. Please be advised. I now have to spend money to heal my sores, switch back to my original deodorant, and will have scarring.

I love this product, and it is my HG. It keeps me dry and I don't have the problem with irritations that a lot of people here have had.
The only problem I have is about 3/4 th of the way down the product tends to crumble and half the stick breaks, and then it becomes unusable and I have to toss it out.
It goes on sale often at CVS and Walgreen's and there is usually a $1.00 off coupon, so I can get it for about a dollar.
I prefer the unscented version.