November 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope Oil-Free SPF

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jmarie68

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This was horrible. I've been wanting a high sf daily face moisturizer that is light and doesn't exacerbate my very oily skin with acne here and there. I was excited to try a sample of this from Sephora. SPF 40 and oil free with no acne causing ingredients? Sounded like everything I was looking for. I tried it twice. The first time I thought maybe I had skimped on the amount I had used so I tried it again today and used more to "properly" moisturize. I don't wear much makeup; I am not a full face kinda girl. I wear a little concealer or foundation only where I need it and apply with a very little hand. Each time I tried putting anything over this Hope in a Jar moisturizer, my face looked horrible. The concealer/foundation did not blend and was patchy and it seemed to make my face drier! I know what you oily skinned gals are thinking, " I would love to have dry skin, anything but this oil slick on my face!" That's how MY face is. I pray for dry skin because at least it wouldn't look like I put butter on my face. But somehow this brings out dryness that isn't there otherwise. It's just horrible. For oily skin, look into Cotz face sunscreen. I keep thinking it's overkill for everyday use and stupidly look into something else but it makes my skin look good and works as both a primer that eliminates oiliness (ALL DAY) and a sunscreen. If your a little dry, just put a little moisturizer in places where you need it beforehand.

I gave it 2 lippies ONLY because it was SPF 40 and I'm tired of seeing a daily moisturizer with an SPF 15 that doesn't do anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Boxbits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this very similar in effect to the non oil-free version. The lotion absorbed quickly and did not break out my normal to dry skin. I will probably need something more emollient in the winter though. That said, I will likely repurchase this next summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by MarilynLeigh

This doesn't make my face break out. That's amazing. However, I have to mix it with a more moisturizing product to take care of my dry skin. And too much product comes out of the tube at once.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

Finally an SPF that doesn't leave my skin looking greasy and sinks in quickly!
It works well with my foundations
Paraben and frangrance free
Doesn't clog my skin
No need for a seperate moisturizer
SPF 30, perfect for everyday and summer protection
Antioxidants!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by keoneill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I starting using this for two reasons. One, I really needed to start incorporating a daily sunscreen into my routine. Two, I wasn't happy with wearing Josie Maran Argan Oil under my makeup - it made a very slippery and uneven foundation application (it is also SO EXPENSIVE and I now use pure Sweet Almond Oil as my nighttime moisturizer and this one as my daytime).

It's very moisturizing, absorbs quickly, and wears wonderfully under makeup. It's a matte finish - I'm not shiny or slick after applying. My one issue with it is that it definitely can make your eyes burn if you aren't careful. I usually just get a small amount on my finger, dot some on each of my cheeks, chin, and forehead, and blend (avoiding the eye area).

I've repurchased this already and will continue to do so. It's expensive but worth it - it's your FACE! HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by ShannonMK1

This is my everyday moisturizer. Works well with my acne-prone, combination skin and sits well under makeup. Living in Florida, oil free is a must for me. This moisturizes without drying out my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by flixbix

Sinks right in--not greasy. Perfect for under makeup. Got this as part of the Sephora sunscreen kit. Won't re-buy because I'll be trying other new things.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by mayamino

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have an oily and sensitive skin but without acne. Since I use this, my face started to look terrible very dull and small acnes everywhere. Then I gave it to my husband. Even his normal skin turned to be oily and dull like my skin. Went to a dermatologist and she suggested me to stop using this product and use a moisurizer and spf separately instead, then my face went back to normal after that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by MUAMEANGIRL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great moisturizer for my oily skin! Absorbs quickly, but still feels moisturizing. I love the high spf!
Since my skin is so oily, my biggest issue is how the moisturizer performs through out the day. I find that most moisturizers with spf grease up horribly, by lunch. This one doesn't that much. I still get a bit greasy, but not as bad as with most other ss I've tried.
I'm on my third tube of this and I'll probably be buying another one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally the heavens have parted and given a creamy decent spf that feels like a moisturizer that actually absorbs and does not break out my super clog/breakout prone skin, moisturizes the lately dry prone parts of my face yet leaves my skin matte, and doesnt leave me with a greasy broken out clogged mess by the end of the day. Also comes in a nice tube, smells pleasant enough, and offers some antioxidants and quality effective protection! LOL enough said for those who have fussy skin like mine and have had a nightmare of a search for spf as everything on the market physical, european, chemical, natural, high end, drug store etc fall in two categories as in either are thick and never sink in leaving you with a greasy mess and breakouts or are somewhat light but don't provide enough moisture. Then on the other end there are all the super liquid fluid spf out there which ironically would seem ideal for super clog prone skin like mine but very stupidly are full of cones and alcohol (every last one) which both irritate my skin like crazy. I was as of last week simply going to give up on spf as having my face feel disgusting by the end of the day for the sake of protection was really done with. SO glad I randomly decided to sample some Philosophy Spfs at Sephora as this is the only brand I have never tried spf from as I have had such bad results with any of their other skincare items. I ended up asoltuely loving the Hope Oil Free Spf 30 (zinc based) as it left my skin flawless and actually absorbed like regular mositurizers I used and was light and creamy. I also tried the new Miracle Worker Anti-Aging Fluid Spf 55 as it was ofcourse higher spf, fabulous protection, even lighter, and came in a pump style tube, and was FINALLY a fluid spf that isn't full of a million cones/alcohol (only one cone which I could have dealt with). Alas the con was that it leaves your face super shiny and I can imagine would be not enough moisture in come winter (and I don't have dry skin to begin with). So in that the winner for me is this Hope Spf30 which really is the best I will ever find for an amazing spf/moisturizer combo and maybe one day they will make it with a higher spf, yet same great formula. Why there are not more formulas this advanced for us with easily irritated/clog prone skin, who don't have skin that can look great slathering on spf the texture of glue, is beyond me, One of a kind and only Spf I will ever use, don't hesitate to try this! :)