October 25, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lip Gloss - Avon - Smooth Minerals Lip Gloss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

A smooth and slippery gloss in a MAC Lipglass style tube and scent (it initially has a strange petrolateum like scent but this soon disappears). I love how this VERY moisturising on my lips.

NATURAL GLOW is a sheer creamy coral tinged nude that evens it out my natural lip color slightly with a soft creamy sheen. Feels very smooth

MALTED MINERALS is a shimmering golden nude with shimmers that feel rough like broken glass on my lips. NOT a "smooth" minerals as advertised, shades are inconsistent and not well thought out to the smooth concept.

EDIT: Wish Avon stopped animal testing, I stopped ordering since I've heard the news.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by tdhx0

They discontinued my color :( I bought this lip gloss in sets of two from the Avon rep I know every two weeks. I absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED the Nude shade. I ALWAYS get compliments on it when I wear it. It's not sticky at all and has great pigmentation on my lips. Very impressed by the smooth minerals glosses.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently purchased this gloss in the shade 'Natural Glow'.

First thing I noticed on opening was the chemical smell emanating from the tube. Not nice. The taste was mineral oil/vaseline.

The gloss itself applies thinly and gives a moderate shine, the shade is sheer and I saw no discernble colour. It did stay on my lips and didn't feather. There was no 'Glow'.

The gloss isn't sticky but feels grainy on my lips, mineral powder? I hate grainy lipglosses. I find myself constantly pressing my lips together it feels like I have sand on my lips.

Average staying power, my lips felt moisturised but didn't stay glossy for very long.

I can't say that I am enamoured by this gloss, it is OK but there is better out there and I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by carrotcake11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale in the shade Crystal Coral. I love this gloss! I am really picky about lip products and tend to rub them off my lips unconsciously, but I really like the thickness of this gloss and it feels very substantial when I wear it. The color is so pretty, it's a pink color with gold glitter. The color is fairly opaque and lasting. I also love the SPF 15 in it. I'm so glad I got this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you can get these for a deal on the avon website, these are some nice products to try. These do feel very smooth and glide on easily. These are not sticky in the slightest, and almost feel like a gloss version of a lip balm with pretty sheer color. I have this in Pink Quartz and do like it on my lips. I am NC20-25, and this ends up being a more pinky version of a MLBB gloss. The tube is about the size of a MAC Cremesheen glass, and feels a bit similar to that product as well. It isn't as pigmented as those are, but for a fraction of the cost, may be worth trying. Right now these are 6.99 on the avon website and aer B1G1 50% off. I have no affil with Avon - just reporting the deal I got and it is currently still available on their site. Also - look for great coupon codes - I'm almost always able to find a free shipping code.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Atsparkler018

I have multiples of this lip gloss and it is by far my favorite avon lip gloss. I tend to stay away from any glazeware because they have always been sticky. This goes on smooth and was suprisingly pigmented. I bought two nude shades and I love them. If you are looking for a mac dupe for nude lip gloss, look into this one. Its cheap enough to buy even if you dont like it. Plus avon has a 100% guarantee return policy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

nice product for the price though you get a very small amount of product for the price. A nice shiny and non-sticky gloss which doesnt stick to hair or feel heavy. The only smooth minerals product not to react with my skin (unlike the blush, lipstick and eye pencil) so makes me think there is actually no mineral content in this product. I have the Natural shade, I used it for about a week and its gone so probably not the most economical product but it is nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by ml44

I hesitated to buy this product because I thought it was just another gloss. It was on sale, though, and I read the reviews so I decided to try the Golden Sand color. Even though a dark gold gloss would probably not look great on me, a light gold would. When I got this it looked dsrk, but I put it over a fairly bright pink color (WnW passion fruit pencil) and I was really surprised that it gave my lips a really nice texture and toned down the pink color. It blended really well with the product underneath and gave my lips a youthful look. My lips did not exactly look smoother, but plumped in all the right places. I gave this product a 4 because I think the gloss color on its own might not look as good and might not be wearable for a lot of people because it is a medium gold with no pink, coral or any tone to soften the gold. I'm going to try some other colors.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

I got really excited about this gloss, but it barely comes out on the wand at all. What you do get is an almost non-presence on the lips. Don't bother.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this one in the coral color and it looks more coral than the brochure showed but is still a pretty shade. The color itself seems to disappear rather quickly but this could be due to my dry lips so I will try it with exfoliated lips and see what happens. Not a bad gloss overall.