Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

on 7/30/2015 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So, I have been saving up for the deslick setting spray since I have an oily face and I have seen a lot of good reviews about this and finally I have bought one! I use this spray after putting on my primer and after I'm done with my make up. Using this spray is really light on my face and the make-up really stays all day! I don't feel oily at all, though whenever I looked at the mirror I still have this oily face on my T-zone, but still, its manageable! I just add a few powder in it. I'm saving up for these holy grail again if I ran out already! Worth buying for me! :)

on 7/26/2015 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Having very oily I had high hopes for this unfortunately it failed.
It did not help in any way and I really did not care for the way it made my makeup look or how it felt on my skin.
I purchased two separate times hoping it would work.
In the end it was a fail. For the price I am very disappointed.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This works great to Control oily skin...for a bit...I think that it could have a bit more staying power...if they could combine UD All Nighter AND UD De-slick...whoa..that would be cool!...
It does help my makeup stay on longer and it keeps my oil from breaking through so quickly and breaking down the makeup on my face...still...I think it does cost a bit and an extremely good dupe is L'Oréal Infallible makeup extender setting spray. I think that they work the same and extend makeup for the same amount of period... I have been comparing both of these sprays and watching how they perform daily and I think in the future, I will probably have both on hand and rotate use. Lol--I might even mix a small amount and see what happens in the small sample spray bottle that I first received from Sephora when I purchased some stuff.
All in all--excellent setting spray but do see if you can try L'Oréal first and compare results on your own as well :-)

on 7/17/2015 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Controls most of the oil but still leaves me shiny. Dry, but shiny like it doesnt blur the light. 4 stars for making my makeup stay on even through a nap with my face rubbing the pillow, face still looked good. The shine can be blurred with face powder

on 7/12/2015 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just ran out and I'm dying to get my hands on another bottle! I did some heavy research before purchasing this product, as I thought there was absolutely no cure for how shiny my skin gets. I am extremely oily and it doesn't help that I live in the disgustingly humid Central Florida. Although I do work inside, my makeup is normally melting off (due to all the oil my face produces) before my shift ends. Not cute. I use this in conjunction with mac refined zone treatment which mattifys my t zone and mac matchmaster foundation, which is a pretty matte foundation. So using the trio of mac refined zone treatment, matchmaster AND deslick, it keeps my oil at bay! I wanted to see if I could go without the spray and I definitely can't. Go buy yourself the trial size wherever you shop (ulta/sephora,etc) and try it out!!! :)

on 6/25/2015 6:54:00 AM

I usually buy the all nighter setting spray however when I spoke to the mua on the UD counter she said I would be best to use this one as I have combination skin.
I have been using it a week & it states on the packing 100% people said de-slick helped prevent make up melt down in 7 days however I'm not one of those people. I am attending a wedding this weekend so I need my make up to stay put all day. I wish I just stuck with the all nighter spray instead because I know that works better for me.
I seen online you can apply it before and after applying your make up & I have tried this too but nothing seems to work.
I wouldn't buy this again.

on 5/24/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does a very good job of controlling oils and setting my makeup. However, it is very pricey for the amount of product you get.

on 5/22/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This really works and I need a smaller one for travel. I got this about a year and a half ago when swapping was all the rage. Had not used it really until this spring. But THIS WORKS!! I am unbearably oily. So this is how I use it... I spray once into my hands and apply to my face right after moisturizer. I concentrate on my oiliest areas. Then when I am done apply all my face products (including blush) I spray twice over my makeup. Usually I have to blot at about 9:30 a.m. at work. With this I do not have to blot until 2:00 p.m. and the oil is not that much at that time. I will certainly keep this spray around. May try the L'Oreal one.

on 5/21/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am sure that this product does absolutely nothing for me..... I saw the reviews (some good, some bad) and decided to get the travel size. I am glad I didn't waste a ton of money on this. It's surprising really cause I have always liked urban decay. For the money it costs, the slightly cumbersome bottle with two caps, and a spray nozzle that is inconsistent, it is not worth buying. If you are an oily girl like me, save your money.

on 5/20/2015 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product really does nothing for me. I've tried using it many different ways and it just doesn't seem to make any difference to my oil control - I'm still shiny after two hours. I'm really disappointed by this product because it had so many good reviews, but it just doesn't work for my very oily skin.

Popular Primer/ Correctors