July 24, 2014 | 1062 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by lbunz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried out both the Urban Decay Oil Control and the Stay Put makeup settling spray. I am not impressed. I have allergies during the spring/summer and fall months so I purchased this product in hopes that the spray would combat my extremely watery eyes. Not impressed. It's as if I bought a bottle of water and was told misting this onto my skin would keep my makeup put. No. Also, I have a very oily T-zone 2-3 hours after my foundation application. I do not feel the "oil control" bottle eliminates the "greasy feeling" by any means. I will not buy again. Not worth it. Use a powder instead and you'll get much better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Aznmakeup

Love this spray!! Only thing that keeps me matte. I spray it after I put on my liquid/ cream products (foundation, concealer, cream shadows) keep my makeup on forever and keeps my cream shadows from creasing. I do about 3-4 sprays and use this everyday I wear makeup (4-5 days a week). Although it is quite expensive the bottle has lasted me alittle bit over a year!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by litllemakeuplover

This is basically a $30 bottle of water. I would not even consider myself that oily of a person, more of a managable level of oiliness that stays mainly near the center of my face. I've had this bottle for about a year and I think I would go as far as to say this made me look oily after I put it on. After using it I didn't worrry about it because I thought it would dry down or whatever but it didn't and it made me look dewy which later turned into an oil slick. I you think you need this, you probably don't. What you really need is a good mattifying primer and foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by odettecarotte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin is naturally oily, and made even more so because I use Clindamycin lotion. I've been practicing eye make-up, and been sad when it slides right off. This product really works for me. The other day, I did a full face of make-up. Shadow, liquid liner, non-water-proof mascara. I went for a drive on a hot, muggy day and cooked for several hours in a roasting-hot kitchen. My eye makeup was PERFECT. No smudging, no oiliness. Ok, maybe a tiny bit of mascara flaked off after six hours. I have very sensitive eyes, as well, and this spray did not bother them at all. No scent. No sticky feeling (except a little bit on my bangs). I bought it to keep my eye make-up in place, not dry up my skin. Perhaps that's why I like it more than other reviewers who bought it for that purpose.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by at900

Let me start off by saying that it definitely did what it said it would: keep the oil away. I have INSANELY oily skin & literally nothing else has helped 100%, but I have to say that this did. I could go from 8 am to midnight and literally not even have a shine, which has NEVER been the case for me. I get shiny almost immediately after having gotten out of the shower. I applied it first before my primer, then after my foundation, then again after my face powder and eye makeup was on (so 3 separate spray times) and I decided that I loved it. UNFORTUNATELY, after about a week of using it I developed little red bumps (not acne) all over my face. I am not kidding you, over 50 of them and I was devastated. I obviously immediately returned it. I am thinking I was sensitive to the silicone in it, because I don't see what else could have aggravated my skin. So if you have oily skin, I say try it because it definitely works, but watch for red bumps because they took about 2 weeks to get rid of!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I've been using De-Slick for about a month now, after hearing so much hype over it. I never used a setting spray prior to purchasing this. I have very oily skin, and I tend to sweat quite easily in warm temperatures, so my makeup would always come off after a few hours. I hoped that this would control my oil.

Honestly, I can't say that I've noticed a significant difference in how oily I get throughout the day. Maybe my oiliness goes down slightly, but for the price of $30, I don't think this product is worth trying at all. I was really disappointed. I even started to use a powder that contains an anti-presperant, and even with that, there isn't much of a difference to me. Perhaps people with less oily skin would benefit from De-Slick, but I just don't think it works for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ShakiraShakira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really really oily skin (foundation gets oily after a couple of hours) and I was hoping that this would help to control my oil and set my make up. Sadly it does neither. The spray makes my make up look oily and dewy, a look I definitely don't want and does absolutely nothing for my oil control. It doesn't set my make up either so I still end up with make up on everything. And on top of all of that it's not cheap. Will not be buying again,

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by roksee22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this product, but alas I don't. I do have a very oily t-zone area, this does absolutely nothing for me. It's as if I didn't even spray my face with anything. It might work for someone else. I think it's overpriced and it didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a good product, it is a must have item.
I have oily skin and since I can remember have used so many different things to try to ease it. I have tried lotions, creams and powders. When I saw this I was weary of it as it looked like too good to be true. However I've used it every day and I no longer need to top my make-up up during the day.
It gives my skin a matte airbrushed finish - I'm delighted with the results :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupcam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a combination/oily skin so I've started using makeup setting spray a few months ago. I first bought the NYX matte finish setting spray and it was a great deal for the quality VS price.

Then I decided to upgrade to the UD de-slick one thinking it would do a better job because of the higher quality. I was wrong. All this product does is to keep your make-up in place (as all the setting sprays) but do not help at all to control to oil of my skin! Just as if i've had put nothing on.

Very disappointed because it is so expensive and over-rated.