December 21, 2014 | 1698 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Boroshok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is very oily and I suffered a lot before I found this product. It keeps me oil free almost all day long. I love it!

PROS:
- one of the best working products on market
- has a small size you can easily travel with
- doesn't create shine
- it is great that it is a spray and that you can simply set your make-up or use it during the day

CONS:
- nothing to say here :)

Here is my review of it:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

I love love love this spray! I have acne prone oily skin and this really helps key my oily t-Zone shine free and matte. I usually spray when I've done my make up and the again after a few hours if needed. Really like using this spray and it works so well in the summer too. I will also sometimes spray it on my t-zone and use a brush to ensure it goes everywhere so everything stays put. Great for eye shadow and eyeliner as it keeps everything set. One bottle usually lasts about 3 months and I use it 4 days a week at least.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by patrigon

oxidized my makeup. made me orange

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Justagirl78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the recommendation of the sales girl at UD. I had actually gone to purchase the all nighter spray but as soon as I mentioned oily skin, she gave me the hard sell on this instead and I bought it. Now I wish I hadn't. I don't find it helps my make up last any longer and if anything, I'm actually more oily when I use it than when I don't.

I apply my make up at 7am and normally I start getting oily by lunch time but when I use this I'm oily by 10am and my make up is actually starting to break down by lunch time.

I definitely wouldn't re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by glam1012

PROS: Great as a primer, makes makeup last a little longer, makes foundation smooth, refreshing
CONS: Price, doesn't mattify, packaging

This spray has a lot of hype from Youtube and being a girl with combination-oily skin I decided to try it since it was on sale at Ulta.
Let me start out by saying this spray isn't horrible, but it's not a holy grail like some people say (for me anyways). I've tried using it many ways because the directions on the packaging doesn't work at all. I tried spraying it directly on my face, with a brush, and with a sponge. The method that worked best for me personally was the sponge method - I sprayed my face BEFORE foundation and patted a sponge to soak up & smooth out any leftover liquid from the spray. Then I sprayed it again AFTER powder and POWDERED AGAIN right after that. This method worked the best for me but still my face is a little shiny only after 3 hours... even though I sprayed my face TWICE and powdered twice.

The one thing that I do love about it honestly is that it works wonderfully as a primer to smooth my face - I was amazed when I buffed my foundation to find my face poreless and smooth. Luckily I only bought the travel size so it wasn't a complete waste... I will use it up just for the smoothing effect it gives. As for staying power & oil control, it did not perform so well those areas so I will need to invest in another product.

So, the big question is - "Is it worth the hype?" in my opinion, no. I get very oily in my T-zone and on my cheeks area and they were still oily even with the spray. As ironic as this is, this might actually work for people with dry skin rather than oily skinned people even though De Slick is for OILY people yet it makes your face look even shinier unless you powder 3 inches worth of powder on your face...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Taylorbohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff. Keeps my makeup on all day and helps control the oil, like it says. Worth the money, about $10 an oz

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by franteambreezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never understood the hype about the Urban Decay setting sprays...I have really oily skin and as so many people rave about this product I thought it would be perfect for me. I don't think this has made hardly any difference to the lasting time of my makeup, I still get pretty oily and shiny after 3 hours or so of wearing makeup, this includes using different primers and foundation. I've only used another makeup setting spray which is by ELF and that does pretty much the same thing but for a fraction of the price. This might be more useful if you're not as oily as I am.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by cinimini15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its ok, I have really oily skin and it maybe makes my foundation last about 1 hour more. It does make my eyeliner and eye shadow last all day which is really nice, because I am use to the eyeliner smeared all over my upper eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by KLynn88

Meh. I don't find this to be anything special, and I have oily skin. Rather expensive too. I find that the NYX Matte Finishing Spray works just as well for 1/4th the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wrote this same review for All Nighter by UD because I found they perform the exact same. I finally caved and bought this because generally speaking long wearing foundations tend to break down after 6 hours wear on me. I first used this spray over powder to eliminate the powdery look, and this was a disaster. The powder went claggy and it didn't affect the longevity of the makeup. I tried it the after wear make up (primer foundation concealers) and let it dry then added some powder, and this really helps. It's a nice even fine spray too that won't drown part of your face. I would recommend if you find long lasting make up isn't that long lasting on you (I use it to get through nights out, hot days or my long shifts at work).