August 23, 2014 | 1775 users online

Pressed Powders - Victoria's Secret - Pressed Mineral Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by MichelleLaurynx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the color selection because of the double color it comes with ,I put it over a lighter powder and it look amazing ... For about 10 minutes . As soon as you sweat , you break out and it's a total hot mess . Only use this if you don't live in such a hot climate . Other than that , it's an okay product

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I will NEVER use this again on my face. I noticed that a few days ago, after using the powder for work at Victoria's Secret, that my skin has turned scaly on my forehead and sides of my temples where I needed the most coverage. Knowing that bismuth oxychloride is in this foundation, I should have known that my skin couldn't tolerate it (I hated Bare Minerals for the same reason) but I have never had this reaction from any other powder. This is sometimes a reaction for people with sensitivities to lead ingredients :( I will not suggest this to any of my clients and never put this near my face again. Absolutely appalling product on all levels. Now I need to figure out how to deal with this skin issue :(

I am on the fence about this powder for several reasons. First and foremost, there is NO reason why there needs to be a shimmer side in a finishing powder. If it were more of a sheen then it might be alright but this is straight-up chunky glitter. Secondly, there is absolutely NO coverage to this or mattifying capability when used with a brush. When used with a sponge (a first for me since I NEVER use a sponge with powder and additionally, one is not included which is very inconvenient), the finish is actually quite nice but you really have to dig into it with the sponge to get any color payoff. I will finish this compact but I will most likely not repurchase because it just isn't convenient especially when there are DS options that are better for half the $16.00 price tag.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The main reason I wouldn't buy again is the shimmer particles. They're too large, and indoors and out, I can see particles of it on my face. The powder is so-so, but not great. I think if someone doesn't mind some shimmer, it's okay. But for working in an office, it wouldn't be a good choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ameliakatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using MK Loose Mineral Powder for years, and I'm a dedicated fan. Last summer I wasn't in the sun very much, except for one week, and so my color changed a little but not enough to justify buying another MK color, especially since they last forever (can you tell I love that stuff?).

I decided to branch out and try something else, so I picked up this little gem. I love that this gives your skin a little brightness, since most mineral powders tend to look a little dull. This has fantastic coverage, and great staying power. It blends well and looks natural, not cakey or dry at all. The only reason this is getting 4 stars is it doesn't last very long. I'm spoiled; my MK powder often lasts 6 months, this only lasted 8 weeks. At $14 it's not expensive, but my MK powder is only a couple bucks more than that. I'll definitely buy this again, but it will probably always be a backup. Love the little compact, so it's great for traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by omgitsvictoriaxD

I absolutely LOVE this powder. I've been using it for about 7 months and i have ZERO complaints. It covers the way a liquid foundation would. I gives a flawless finish and I absolutely love the tiny glitters in it. Like the previous comment said, you can lightly dust it on for light coverage or you can use a more dense brush (like a kabuki brush) for more coverage. Im just now finishing my first compact so it lasts pretty long (I use it everyday) I would definitely recomment this to anyone. And and I cant forget to mention that I had no breakouts what-so-ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after wanting to try a new foundation. My skin has been breaking out from my liquid foundations, so I recently switched back to powder. I like the fact that this powder is mineralized and that it is pressed, so I can touch up wherever I go. The coverage is controllable, meaning I can lightly dust for minimal coverage, or buff it on for greater coverage. If I want to more coverage, I usually put on a moisturizer first (no primer), then buff it on cause the powder will stick onto my moisturized skin better than dry, primed skin. (You know what I'm talking about..those silicone-based primers that suck the moisture out of your skin). Anyway, the finish isn't extremely cakey because there are tiny flecks of shimmer, so it reflects light somewhat. The price I bought it for was around $14USD, so it didn't break my bank :) Overall, I'm pretty satisfied by this product. No breakouts so far, and good coverage. For reference, I'm an NC40 and I wear this in Medium 30.