October 1, 2014 | 1599 users online

Fragrances - Jo Malone - English Pear and Freesia

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I liked it, but I couldn't use it afterwards, it gave me headache so I have it to my mother and she loved it. Love this brand though...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A nice balance of spicy and sweet-I like mixing it with Jo Malone Wild Bluebell on days I wish I was in London and with Tokyo Milk La Petit to bring it into dirty gourmand territory.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm in agreement with the previous reviewer who said this is reminiscent of a bubbly glass of champagne. There is a definite boozy accord to English Pear and Freesia, but it's a white and sparkling beverage, like pear cider or Prosecco. It reminds me of Cartier Delices, and even YSL Yvresse, just a touch. There is something very uplifting about fragrances that smell like celebratory drinks.
English Pear and Freesia is sweet enough for young ladies, but sophisticated enough to make you feel put together. There's nothing lascivious about it, and yet it is ever so slightly solicitous. 'Have fun with me,' it offers, whilst secretly dreaming of engagement rings.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

English Pear and Freesia is the fragrance equivalent of a glass of bubbly champagne. It is warm and has a sparkly quality about it. I've never encountered a fragrance like it. It's one I reach for most in the Fall and Winter, but it's fresh enough to wear year-round. Compared to other Jo Malone colognes, it's one of the longest lasting of the line. If you want a sophisticated fruity floral, I highly recommend this fragrance.

For Jo Malone fans, English Pear and Freesia blends beautifully with Wild Bluebell and Peony & Blush Suede.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Goes on a lovely light fresh summer scent, but dries down with that inimitable note I think of in Jo Malones, which is woody and dry and makes it woodier than I like. Nice overall, though, and a very pleasant scent for hotter weather

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by carotan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know how to describe perfume. I know either I like it or I don't. I am in the mood for something light, fresh, floral maybe, and at Jo Malone, they had pear and freesia. I don't smell the pear, I did like the freshness, but on my skin, it died down to an almost "woody" smell. In the end, I am keeping the light floral scent of bluebell which is a bit too light perhaps, but it's what I'm feeling for right now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Quite a nondescript scent for me, I smell something vaguely floral, a faint rose note and something clean smelling. I cannot smell pear no matter how much I try. The patchouli hit me after about 10 minutes, strong and unusual in this scent. This isn't interesting enough for me to buy this although I will use up my large sample size.

From Fragrantica: 'Pear is combined with quince which introduces honey sweetness and is surrounded with white freesia and wild climbing rose. A base of green, fresh and sour nuances of rhubarb along with warm and subtle aromas of patchouli, amber and white musk.'

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saved for ages to buy this perfume and it was so so worth it.

In terms of the packaging, Jo Malone is super thorough - the bottle is gorgeous and simplistic and they do the whole nine with boxes and bags and bows.

When it comes to scent, this perfume is heavenly - and by far the nicest I've ever bought. I was really torn between this one and the orange blossom one but this won out.

It has a clean, fresh, floral scent from the pear and the freesia but it also has some (very faint) woodier undertones to give it depth. I would definitely recommend this more as a day scent.

Lastly, it has really good lasting power - lasting me throughout the whole day.

Overall, Jo Malone is a bit pricey but if you're looking to splurge, this product is definitely worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by HunnyBear12234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lasts a long time but it is not my type of scent. It smells like air freshened or sweet bug spray to me. I think it may bee too much floral. Jo Malone's other perfumes suit my tastes better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Mmmmmmmmmmm.....

Like spring/summer in a bottle! It's fresh and long lasting and one of my new Jo Malone staples!

Love it :)