Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia

4.1

I believe there is a thin line between the fresh and the sour and this one is definitely on the sour side. Although it does not smell like a lemon it is as sour as one. The lasting power is very poor on me. Dry-down reminds me of Burberry Baby Touch and a fabric conditioner I used to use. I have the large bottle. Will not repurchase when I run out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I recently treated myself to a couple different Jo Malone perfumes for the first time. Although I consider myself a perfume junkie, I never really paid much attention to anything in this line. I sampled quite a few of their scents and found 99% of them to just be far too masculine for me. I also am not a fan of the spendy @ss marketing ploy of layering, i.e. gotta buy more than one. Out of the two I purchased, this is my second fave out of all their scents.

This is a lovely mixture of fresh pear, freesias flower, and Amber. The amber keeps the pear from coming off too sickly sweet, and the freesias is not overbearingly floral at all (think more along the line of Diptyque Ofresia). The only thing this scent is missing is some pepper notes, which would have earned it 5 stars from me for sure! This will run you $125.00 for 3.4 oz but I definately thing it's worth the price (the smaller one is $65 but its basically a purse size so not a good value at all).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

In a brief description. Classic and lovely. Boozy, sweet, and light. Totally elegant but with elements of fun. Like a spiked champagney pear. Not really getting all-out, distiinctive freesia in this like I have in other fragrances I have owned and have sampled, but their is a lovely soft floral that whispers in the background and the only note in the fragrance that has these qualities could be the freesia or the subtle, light rose that occasionally peeks through the undertones, but even if you don't like a rose, still try this, as it is next to-nonexistent in this crisp cocktail of a fragrance. Some people say this is a fall fragrance due to the sweet warmth, though still very light warmth, nothing too strong or musky or pronounced woodiness here, of the pear. Others, for it being a fruitier fragrance and a more effervescent-textured fragrance would see it being for warmer months. I can see both qualities and smell them, so this is a year-round sweet, warm, and giddy treat for me, when I want something fresh (I am NOT a grassy, green or really berry or tropical fruity scent person, so summer fragrances are tough for me, and I usually don't like a whole lot of white florals touted for spring either) without sacrificing some of the woodland or cozy qualities I consistently enjoy. LOVE JO MALONE. Velvet Rose and Oud being my all-time favorite. Second favorite fragrance ever the now-departed Burberry The Beat. Just to give indications as to my taste in scents.

A lovely scent that is gentle on the nose and not offensive, although everything is dependent on body chemistry as well as nose sensitivity I suppose. I agree with prior reviews, regarding pear cider, a champagne allure. It sparkles, and it is light and fresh. Appropriate for day time, and eve wear as well.

However, where it falls flat is its lasting power of a lackluster 2 hours on my skin. Unfortunately, it does not work with me nor my preference of a fragrance to last over 3-4 hours as a minimum. Perhaps better luck in the winter...

At first I liked it, but I couldn't use it afterwards, it gave me headache so I have it to my mother and she loved it. Love this brand though...

A nice balance of spicy and sweet-I like mixing it with Jo Malone Wild Bluebell on days I wish I was in London and with Tokyo Milk La Petit to bring it into dirty gourmand territory.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I'm in agreement with the previous reviewer who said this is reminiscent of a bubbly glass of champagne. There is a definite boozy accord to English Pear and Freesia, but it's a white and sparkling beverage, like pear cider or Prosecco. It reminds me of Cartier Delices, and even YSL Yvresse, just a touch. There is something very uplifting about fragrances that smell like celebratory drinks.
English Pear and Freesia is sweet enough for young ladies, but sophisticated enough to make you feel put together. There's nothing lascivious about it, and yet it is ever so slightly solicitous. 'Have fun with me,' it offers, whilst secretly dreaming of engagement rings.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

English Pear and Freesia is the fragrance equivalent of a glass of bubbly champagne. It is warm and has a sparkly quality about it. I've never encountered a fragrance like it. It's one I reach for most in the Fall and Winter, but it's fresh enough to wear year-round. Compared to other Jo Malone colognes, it's one of the longest lasting of the line. If you want a sophisticated fruity floral, I highly recommend this fragrance.

For Jo Malone fans, English Pear and Freesia blends beautifully with Wild Bluebell and Peony & Blush Suede.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Goes on a lovely light fresh summer scent, but dries down with that inimitable note I think of in Jo Malones, which is woody and dry and makes it woodier than I like. Nice overall, though, and a very pleasant scent for hotter weather

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't know how to describe perfume. I know either I like it or I don't. I am in the mood for something light, fresh, floral maybe, and at Jo Malone, they had pear and freesia. I don't smell the pear, I did like the freshness, but on my skin, it died down to an almost "woody" smell. In the end, I am keeping the light floral scent of bluebell which is a bit too light perhaps, but it's what I'm feeling for right now.

Popular Fragrances