December 21, 2014 | 911 users online

Powder - Tarte - Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by beautyinjade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is terrible!!! Save yourselves the trouble and just use baby powder! This powder lasted me a couple of years, and it really does its job in clogging up oily pores (I have combo-skin, mostly forehead), but this is really an over-priced product with too many downsides to it.

I HATE the packaging. Almost with a passion. I've actually broke it intentionally and wrapped with foil because it drove me crazy. The screw-cap isn't even the right shape for its bottom, so screwing it back on takes like 15 tries. The powder sucks up all your oils, but your face/pores will feel SO tight and uncomfortable. It also leaves behind white powder on your skin and dries the heck out of your skin. The price is $$. Not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by christenzimm

Ehhh... What else can I say? Right now, I'm using this powder every day just to get rid of it, because I want to use up my makeup before getting new makeup. I use more than I should, so that it runs out faster, so I can get something new :P

First the packaging, what a nightmare. They tried to make it a cool, portioned control packaging-- I can never get it out.

When I do get it out, the smell! I don't know what it is, but I don't like it.

Then- the application. It is much more chalky then the MUFE HD, and I can't use it on my forehead because it makes my pores stand out.

I would not repurchase, and I am excited for when I don't have to use it everday

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by SDR1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Interesting product. I purchased this after a lot of research into products for oily skin. This does a good job absorbing oil from my face and eyelids initially, but it doesn't last.

It comes in a container with a tiny hole through which you are supposed to force the powder. I always get too much or not enough. It does leave a white cast on the face and I'm very fair skinned. This would be a much better product if they could add a little color to it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

This made my face itch almost immediately after using it so I will obviously not repurchase. Overall this product is finely milled and soft. It works similar to the MUFE HD powder but I like that one much better because it seemed to keep the oiliness at bay just a teeny tiny bit longer and it also didn't make my face itch. It was also kind of annoying how they only put one hole in the top for the powder to come out instead of several.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I LOVE this finishing powder. So smooth, so soft, and stays put. You can't see it on the face after you set your makeup either, which is a huge plus. It just is translucent. A lot of finishing powders for me personally end up looking cakey and chalky.

They crease in spots and look like you are wearing a ton of makeup. I hate that look, I seriously detest it, but this stuff is magic. it never gives that look. It's all natural and it doesn't irritate my face or make me itchy.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by adriana005

I've tried all kinds of finishing powders. I love the amazonian clay foundation so I was super excited to get this product. However I am very disappointed with this product. I have very fine colored skin. This powder doesn't do anything. Its literally like I haven't put anything on. It doesn't smooth my pores or mattify my face. Definitely not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a really good powder!

Pros:
-mattifys the face
-smooths fine lines and pores (it will not hide them, just make them appear a little softer)
-does not break me out.
-very finely milled
-few ingrediants
-does not leave a bad white cast
-prolongs makeup wear

I use this probably every day, and I've had this for a year and I still have quite a bit of product left! I use this before my liquid or powder to help control oil, or over liquid or powder to smooth the face a bit. In my opinion, this does help with oil control. So it's a winner in my book.

Cons:
-horrible packaging. I find it very tedious to dispense the product from that one tiny hole. So I just punctured a few extra ones and that solves that problem.
-PRICY. For the ingredients in this powder, I don't believe it should be so expensive. But I am willing to shell out the 30+ dollars for a reliable product.
-I do not believe there is actually amazonian clay in it. No where does it say it does.

Overall, I would repurchase.:)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just an average finishing powder. There are cheaper alternatives. I didn't notice any difference in oil control or helping my foundation last longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best powder I have ever used. It sets make up wonderfully, leaves a very pretty matte finish, isn't cakey, and doesn't irritate my skin. It has a wonderful light and finely milled texture that buffs into my skin very well. It can leave a white cast if applied too heavily though, which is the only downfall of the product itself. The packaging is another story. The jar that houses it has one teeny tiny hole in the sifter, and it takes forever to sprinkle out enough powder to actually use. I enlarged the hole just slightly and it works much better for me now. I am on my second jar and even with almost daily use one jar lasts almost 2 years so I feel that it is a good value for the money. I will continue to buy this as long as Tarte continues to make it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this powder very much. It does really keeps my skin shine-free all day long, looking super natural, and it's the best I've ever tried for that (I've used MAC's blot for years, but this one looks more natural and tha mattifying effect lasts longer). This powder is white but applies really translucent, it doesn't leave that dreaded white cast. It's also SUPER finelly milled, doesn't cake at all and feels good over skin. Never gave me millia or breakouts as well (and I tend to get those with mineral makeup - actually now I've realised this is the first mineral makeup that I love.) It's not cheap but I use a really small amount so I guess it will last long.
I took one lippie for the packaging - seriously, wtf. It's a pain to get the powder out of it, but it's woth the effort anyway.