April 21, 2014 | 1030 users online

Powder - Tarte - Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by misskalli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. I got it from my points at Sephora. I would have NEVER pay the full price for it. I agree with other MUA users. Too messy to use. I either get waaaaay too much or not enough! It's frustrating. I usually just have to dump it out on a napkin and save the rest for another day. Kind of a waste if you ask me. I've accidentally thrown away the powder before.
It's nice, but I prefer a more multi-purpose powder. Something with a SLIGHT tint so I can use it as an eyeshadow catcher under my eyes. If I did that with this, I would end up with WHITE bags under my eyes lol
Other than the cons, a GREAT product. Keeps my makeup on and fresh all day :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by MarinaJohaness

Upon application, it gives a beautiful finish with a soft focus effect. Don't really like the smell though. Maybe it's just me.

I have issues using the small little hole to get the powder out. Always end up removing the entire plastic top, tip some powder onto the cover and swirl my brush in it. Messy situation!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by kassijade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great setting powder, lasts forever a whole year of product in that little container and gives you the perfect little amount, to prevent you from using too much at one time, I like that it has clay in it to soak up oil and minimize the look of pores, also its invisible and doesnt make your face older looking like some powders do.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lola444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!!! it totally controls my oil the whole day and with really pleasant smell. it's just fantastic, what else can i say?! the only thing is it comes in transparent (or maybe white, hard to say) so I have to use another powder to fix my foundation before I finish all up with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by kailingggg

This product is god sent. I just dust a little all over my face and it just gives off such a natural finish and helps my makeup last for quite a long period of time.

One thing that irks me about white powder is that it will usually create a ashy cast over your face, but rest assure, this one doesn't. Oily again? No problem, just blot off the oil and reapply this. Doesn't clog my pores, doesn't settle in fine lines. But do note if you have dry patches, use a good moisturizer underneath, because i do feel this will emphasize on it.

Overall, this powder is holy grail level, though i hope they will widen the hole. lol. I had such a hard time tapping out the powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by ellieeeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To start off, this product is AMAZING! This is my first Tarte product, and I am beyond impressed. Buying this, I honestly didn't have high expectations considering all the products I have bought before, claiming to control oiling skin, didn't. I have spent loads of money searching for that one product to help with my very oily skin. Of course I've realized that as hard as I try, there is no product that will completely get rid of my oily skin, but I think this is about as close as I will ever get. After applying, my face is matte for 2-3 hours and even after it isn't near as oily as it used to be. If I want my face to be matte again all I have to do is reapply or use a blotting sheet and BAM, many more hours of a shine free face! Before I found this, my face would be an oil slick after just 30 minutes. I even think this product has helped with my acne, because since I've been using this I've had less breakouts and my skin is nearly clear. It's a bit pricey, but worth every penny. The packaging could be a bit better, but that is seriously the least of my worries. I use this alone with primer and concealer because I don't need much coverage, but if it isn't enough for you alone, I know it will work great with foundation. Not only is my skin oily, but it is also sensitive and this hasn't caused my face to become dry at all like some products for oily skin have. I really don't know how I survived without this, because it is just so wonderful. I'm planning on using this for a long time, and hope Tarte will never discontinue this! Right when I had given up and accepted the fact that I would never find something to really help my oily skin, I found this! Tarte, thank you SO much!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by klseey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product keeps my face matte and soft, and I really do love it.
The little hole that the powder comes out of could be a little bigger though! I just find myself shaking it a lot.
However, be careful with this.
If your skin is dry, be weary. It can make the dryness stand out even MORE and it looks pretty gross.
I don't like to use a brush with this product, and i usually just put a bit on my finger and dab it onto my t-zone, where I get the most oily.
Very good product and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by ksabha01

This powder is amazing. My skin feels smooth and soft when I wear it, it keeps my skin shine-free for many hours which is the best I can hope for with my crazy-shiny skin, and it photographs amazingly well (unlike Make Up For Ever's powder). The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging, where you have to press down around the ONE hole to get the powder to shoot through. Sometimes it makes a mess because it shoots up too high and gets all over my counter, wasting precious powder. But honestly, even with that, I don't care - I will always be a fan of this powder. Plus it lasts a really long time (unlike MUFE, in my opinion) so even paying $35 for it at Sephora, it's totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lingre

LOVE this powder. I cant say anything bad about it at all. I was using the MUFE HD finishing powder which is light and powdery like this one but this is better if you are a bit more oily and cant reapply. I also love that this really holds your makeup in place- eye makeup, concealer over a blemish, etc! I just adore this powder, I guess the only thing I can say is that I wish it was also in a pressed powder because I am often putting my makeup on, on the go and the loose powder can be a bit tricky.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by lupita465

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great powder....I do not get a white cast .... Makes my pores look almost invisible. Does a good job setting my foundation. I do not have oily skin so the oil control was not my worry. I was worried about looking dry and ashy....did not happen...I actually want to try the Amazonian full coverage powder foundation...