July 31, 2014 | 1802 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Insolence (57)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by nealsam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My first review after living off this website for years! I am reviewing the Chanel Rouge Allure Extraits De Gloss In Insolence. Best lip gloss I've owned, ever. Sex in a stick. It's one of those colors that will look great on everyone! It is a fantastic more "baby" / but not flat / some watermelon juicy true pink that looks great on its' own, or over lipstick. The regional Chanel MU Artist was fabulous, and matched up a tube of the Rouge Coco #41 Destinee. While the Rouge Coco is not my favorite formulation, these two colors look great together and perform. The case (of the gloss) is cool: big, opaque, black and impressive. I really fell in love with the tester that had clear glass even more than the black of the retail, and I found a "tester" in a different, also fantastic shade on ebay. I've used Chanel glosses over the years and consider this formulation the "Cadillac" The feel of the product is great, not sticky, minimal hair caught in it, and it lasts what I would consider a respectable amount of time. In terms of value, it is top-notch, but a tad bit overpriced (you get enough, but not the whopping amount the container suggests). A nice amount of compliments. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by amygirl3540

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to be a big fan of all MAC products. I've used so many different brands of gloss - Dior, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, NARS, Lancome, and many more. I really like this gloss. I like it more than my glossimers, but I like those, too. This is very pretty on its own, but also really lovely over other lipsticks. I wore it over Chanel Legende this morning and then over Chanel Extatique in the afternoon. Amazing. It last well and is not sticky/tacky like MAC lipglass (they look nice, but too sticky for me!). It's more sheer than the glossimers. I will definitely repurchase. This color is really fantastic. The packaging is kind of heavy, but to me is luxurious. I love Chanel beauty!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by ltnla

Love this! Recently bought b/c wanted to try something different from glossimers, and bc of all the reviews here. Barbie pink never looks good on me bc of my skin tone/coloring but this one really brightens up my face without looking garish or like I'm trying too hard. Agree with other commenters about the wonderful texture etc.

But here's the main reason I'm writing this -- b/c as I was doing makeup spring cleaning, I found that I have an almost exact drugstore dupe for this that I'd bought a year ago ? and just forgot: Revlon Super Lustrous in Pink Pop. On my hand they look almost identical, with the Revlon being more pink, and less of the slight coral tinge in Insolence. On lips, Revlon's of course doesn't have the same plush feel, but the resemblance is amazing, and also feels good. In short, I love Insolence, but probably would have bought another color had I realized I have something so close to it. If you want to try Insolence but are turned off by the high price, Revlon Pink Pop is sooo close. I'd give it an 8.5 to Chanel's 10.
PS--I marked that I'd buy it again, but that's not entirely honest -- I really wouldn't (b/c it's just a fun color for me, and Revlon is so close); and the other colors in this line aren't something I'd get... but hate to ruin perfect score here, and this is really beautiful.... Think I'll stick w/glossimers, until something really unique comes out in this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by UCountry2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a hugh fan of chanel products and I own alot of glossimers,which I love. I recently tried the Rouge Allure Extraits De Gloss In Insolence at the Chanel counter and fell in love. These are very high shine and glossy without glitter. Very pricey at $32 but they do last about 3 to 4 hours on me and I can't get over the shine.I will purchase more in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazing Amazing Amazing gloss...it leaves an amazing plastic shine and gives me the barbie pink lips I seem to always crave. The package as you all know is super super stunning and beautiful...the product is of amazing quality like a lacquer shine!..it is pricey but that was no surprise, i got 3 of them,,,genie , imaginare and this one...my absolute favorite

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by dreamrn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i wasnt a big fan of lipgloss until i tried this one day and im hooked! love it without any shimmer, it was a natural shine and lovely lips when applied. my special someone always wanted to kiss me haha:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading these wonderful reviews, I headed to Nordstrom yesterday to purchase Insolence. Just hearing it had the same formula as my beloved Rouge Allure lippies, I knew it would be incredible and I was not disappointed. I love this with the pencil in Natural, gives a defined, but understated lip. My lips are fairly full, so i do not want to have a bright lip, but do not want to look dead either. Kudos to Chanel for another awesome lip product. I wear RA Imagination with Maline gloss and on other days I just pop on the Insolence, both over Natural. Thanks Chanel and MUA.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by solihullsweetie

I love this lipgloss. It is an absolute dream, so luxurious, the colour and texture is 10/10. Looks sophisticated and even lasts through an intense workout ! I have Genie and Emoi, but this is my favourite !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by pebbles1384

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! Has staying power, not sticky. This lipgloss can truly be worn without lipstick. I agree with everyone it's expensive, but sometimes you pay for what get.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by xandrabelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite lipgloss. Love the pinkish natural shade that it gives my lips, sort of MLBB for me. I usually wear it alone, and it makes my lips look so polished and plump. No glitter, which is something I like as well. The price is horrendously high, but thats Chanel for you.
The only other thing bad I have to say about this gloss is that the case is black, so you can't see how much product you have left. But I guess Chanel was going for the sleek sophisticated look.The applicator works fine for me too though I know some people complain about it.