August 1, 2014 | 1014 users online

Polishes - Orly - Space Cadet

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

I love this color. Its just beautiful and unique. I was surprised at how it easy it was to apply. I love these multi faceted colors.This one is a must if you like that constant color shift. In general I am happy with my Orly polishes. Definitely check this one out.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Jess1189

We all know that Space Cadet is an amazing multichrome. But what I also love is the formula...it's a dream to apply. So smooth and effortless! Not much chipping or shrinkage for me, either (I used SH Xtreme Wear Invisible for a base coat and Revlon Quick Dry top coat at the time). The only downside is it needs at least 3 coats to get the full effect. This should be a staple in everyone's NP collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ginabina

Out of all of the polishes i own, this one is my favorite hands down. I purchased the last one at my ulta (are they still making it?) And i wont hesitate to pick up a back up if i see it!! So unique, it looks just like cosmic photographs!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fantastic color. I could not stop looking at my nails! The colors ranged from gold, purple, green and more depending on the lighting and angles. '

I used OPI Ridge Filler base and three coats with Sally Hansen Strengthening Top Coat. It does take a long time to dry and I do wait at least a minute between coats. After 5 days there was some tip wear and a tiny bit of shrinkage. A little tough to remove, but that is to be expected with darker colors. I love this color so much, I got a back up bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by sasami1jj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this polish, it is a very unique color that can suit almost any mood because it changes in every light. The base is a sheer turquoise, with lots of micro glitters flashing purple, rose, gold, and green depending on the light and the angle. I had to use 3-4 coats for a totally opaque mani but it seems to dry fairly quick so this was not too much of an issue. Overall even though i wish the price were less than the $10 I paid I would purchase again.

*Update* Less than 3 hours after painting, I used base coat 3 coats of polish and top coat, there is significant tip wear in this polish. I am not going to adjust my rating yet, I will first try a different top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite polishes, as every time I wear it someone is fascinated by it! I'm fairly pale, yet this doesn't seem to really wash me out or warm up my skin tone. I normally go 2-3 coats and it's totally opaque. Longevity is pretty good also. I'm getting 3 more bottles of this stuff for Christmas for my friends as they've always loved it too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by SilentPerfection

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dont think ive ever gone through a whole full size bottle of polish but im already prepared to buy backups for this beauty! Came across this browsing out in blogland and it has fueled an intense love of the hard to find multichromes. This sets the bar unbeatably high i havent found anything that can live up to the strength of this shift.

SH Lustre Shine Lava might be nearly as strong but space cadet holds a place in my heart. Over base coat i can get away with two coats and have minimal VNL but 3 or using 1 - 2 coats over black makes it totally opaque. You can see the shift indoor, natural light, artificial light, but its true brilliance is in the sun.

The formula isnt the easiest to work with but the second coat smoothes out any streaks. With basic base and top coat i got 4 days and im bruta to my nails when it comes to water damage, a week maybe more using bonder sandhich method. As always im a huge fan of orly's rubberized top.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ohartistoohard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Damn, I love this shade. It is so unique and beautiful. It applies really nicely too. Not streaky or too clumpy. Nothing bad to say. Great shade name too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by DamnSatyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Space Cadet is an amazing shade from Orly. In low indoor light it seems almost a drab olive with a slight rose shimmer, under florescent lighting the gold and deep rose comes out... and outdoors it's an absolute GALAXY of color shimmer, flashing from green to gold to rose to deep purple and even sometimes a hint of blue. I'm so glad they've added this to their general collection, even though some shops don't carry it, such as Sally's Beauty Supply. If you're seeking this polish, check out Ulta - that's where I found mine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will forever love this polish! It remains one of my favorites time after time. I don't know how to describe the color (good thing there is a picture, lol!) It's a lovely, grungy color. I love everything about, down to the name.