August 23, 2014 | 1084 users online

Mascara - Guerlain - Le 2 de Guerlain Volume - Noir Laque

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by jpcls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This seemed like a nice mascara, even smells great, does not flake, fills in nice, but smears after a couple of hours. Big minus for me and not acceptable at this price. Tube is a bit chunky to handle. Ended up with Dior Extase, cheaper and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by dcorbette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the better mascras out there. It totally gives my lashes tons of length and volume. A lot of mascaras only really do one or another but rarely both at the same time... even if they claim they have a duo function.

So this mascara makes my lashes look 3-4 times longer than what they really are and they look about 1.5x longer than other mascaras. I also love the way it separates the lashes and gives dramatic volume.

A lot of mascaras curl my lashes upwards, which I don't really like. This one gives the look of a curl, but keeps the lashes going forward and up and not like straight up from your lashline. The straight up look is funny looking and unnatural.

The other thing I love about this mascara is that it doesn't burn my eyes. So many do.

The other end is a glossy coat of mascara on a sponge (laquer). I use this to help clean up after applying the real mascara. It makes your lashes look even more natural cause they give that natural sheen as from real oils from your lashes. But its not necessary to use it.

CONS: The casing, the mascara tends to leak from it. I think that may come from over tightening cause it always looks like its not completely closed.

DON'T use the mascara (laquer) on a sponge first and then apply mascara. If you do this, then you will run into issues of clumping with this mascara. I didn't have a problem with clumping till I decided to apply a coat of mascara after using the sponge wand (laquer). That combination tends to lead to a clumpy experience that is hard to get rid of... it changes the chemistry of the mascara.

Overall I love the mascara. Despite its expensive pricing and how big the packaging is, the fact it doesn't burn my eyes is priceless especially when you're driving (I've come close to many serious accidents when other mascara brands burn my eyes while driving).

The only other mascara I like is the Bare Escentuals new mineral one with the weird plastic/rubber wand that has like barely no brushes on it. It gives excellent length and DOES NOT CLUMP AT ALL. BUT.... it doesn't give you the volume. However, it makes your lashes look sooo natural as an everyday gosh-she-was-born-with-those-beautiful-lashes look. Unfortunately that one burns my eyes. But I love that it doesn't look like you have mascara on at all and the tons of length and separation it gives.. with some volume but not enough to make it look fake.

One thing I do LOVE about the Guerlain formula (non-waterproof) is that the formula nourishes the lashes. My lashes do not fall or flake off during wear, there is little-to-none flaking during wear, and it seems to make my natural lashes more longer, stronger and supple. This is the healthiest I've seen my lashes look.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Neeeneee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Le Gloop more like. I was so disappointed with the mascara, previously I used Le Duo, which was great but I decided I wanted something more... I should have left it as it was.

It oozes out of the packaging and all over your makeup bag, even if you just take it out once, it gloops all over the place, out of the cap and then you'll find it on a lipstick, the back of your hand - maybe even down the side of the sofa. Ok you get my point - awful muck that I almost brought back, and may well do so.

As for the product well it's ok and the lacquer end seems like a bit of a con. Nothing special and no way worth the extortionate price. A total dud!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara makes for beautiful lashes that hold curl. I personally do not use a lash curler, and my lashes are long and straight. My only complaint is the packaging. ~performance,not the appearance, as its is very sleek and elegant ~ When the product is new, (I've only had it for about 3 weeks) extra mascara comes up and oozes out of the tube when the wand is re-inserted after use. I am beginning to wonder if maybe I just got a defective tube, but I have learned to wipe the top before screwing the cap back tight so it does not get crusty. The other end of the tube has the little sponge with a black lacquer to put on top, presumably to add shine and extra depth of color. I really don't know if it does that much or not. I'd been using Armani Eyes to Kill for a while, and have been happy with it, just irks me to have to drive an extra distance to get to a Neiman Marcus, or to have to purchase online, so I decided to try Guerlain now that the Nordstrom (somewhat) near to me carries that brand. I'm not sure which of the two is better. Neither flake, or smudge. Both hold curl. (the amount of curl the spool brush supplies) I think that Guerlain may look just a bit better, more natural? but still lush? & as one of the other reviewer's said, lashes don't look dry, or feel dry. But, Armani's tube definitely closes better, with a "click" when its closed completely, no mascara squishes out. Again, I may have a tube of the Guerlain that is not typical though, don't know. Either brand is just wonderful for obtaining gorgeous lashes that last all day, 12+, with no problems.

Edit: I'm still not sure if its the mascara, or something else I changed, but I am getting some (very) slight smudging under eyes as the day wears on. Not every day, but most days.

UDATE:

It was not the mascara causing the smudging, but something I was putting under my eyes (playing around with eye cream samples) not sure which cream did it either!

This mascara performs so beautifully, the only reason I did not give it a "5" is due to issues with how well the wand closes. If it had that "click" that Armani's does, then it would be close to perfect! As another poster has written of same problem I have had with product coming up out of the wand, it probably is just how this wand is made, which is a real shame because the mascara itself is so great. I have been just wiping the rim each time before screwing it closed, and I've not had a problem with buildup, or it getting on anything, but really, for the price, Guerlain should have given better packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 4:42:00 AM More reviews by kriek

It is wonderful!!! I couldnt believe my eyes and lashes :p After I applied both of it, my lashes looked amazing! Long, volume and everything I searched for in a mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start saying that I have tried so far: Diorshow, Dior Blackout, Lancome Cils Design Pro, various H. Rubinstein mascaras, YSL Faux Cils & Everlong, various Chanel (hated them), and Guerlain Le 2. I loved Le 2, so when I ran out I decided to try Le 2 Volume, since volume is what I like most on my lashes. The container is like the standard version of Le 2, but sleek black. It has 2 applicators. The big one seems very generic, but what a difference it made on my lashes! Long, curly, thick lashes with two coats (for reference my lashes are normal). It didn't get messy like Dior and the curl was visible, unlike YSL. This one, like Le 2 standard, has this feature that I love most, it makes my lashes really good-looking, wonderful. I don't know how to describe it; certainly, Le 2 Volume won't give me false-lashes result, but compared to every other mascara I have tried, it offers this little "extra" glamour. Also, it keeps my lashes elastic (other mascaras tend to leave my lashes looking "dry" sometimes. As for the second small brush, it is a sponge applicator that it's supposed to be used as an overcoat to give a glossy finish. I didn't notice that, but when I used it I found out that it gives even more volume. The product has a strong rose/floral scent, which I could smell even after an hour (personally I don't mind at all). I got it for 26 euros, quite reasonable for a Guerlain...