LUSH R&B Revive & Balance Hair Moisturizer

Oatmilk (Avena sativa), Glycerine, Organic Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Perfume, Cetearyl Alcohol, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Dulcis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum, Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma Grandiflorum), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), *Benzyl Salicylate, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Isoeugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 9/21/2015 11:56:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Simply love this. I have been searching for years for something i could leave in wet hair, let air dry, and come out with soft, controlled, frizz-free curls. This product delivers! I naturally have lots of thin, dry, curly hair and I usually blow dry and straighten daily to get the hair I want. Since it's time consuming and damaging, I love having the option to leave my hair curly and air dry with this product and still look polished.

All I do is work a nickel/quarter size amount through towel dried hair from the ears down (my hair is just past the shoulders). Beware, it seems like you need to experiment with how much of the product is best for your hair. If I were to use as little as others use to avoid greasiness, I would see no difference in my hair since I have a lot of hair. If you do see greasiness, try using less.

The smell is great if you ask me. It does last all day. If you are scent-sensitive, definitely grab a sample or try in store instead of buying online.

I tried using this as a leave in and then blow drying and straightening--I do NOT recommend this. It did come out a bit weighed-down and some of the butters in this product have a lower smoke point than the temp of a straightener. This means you could be doing damage to your hair. I only recommend this product with no heat or after heat has been applied to control frizz.

on 9/6/2015 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Eyes: Brown Just no.

I was so hopeful purchasing this product. So many nice reviews, so much praise. But this product did just not work for me - I feel like it made my dry and somewhat frizzy hair look even worse...stiff, coarse, drier than ever and with no shine to it at all.

I took it back for a refund...nobody raised an eyebrow at the store. And one of the reasons why I love LUSH, though not this product, is the service they provide. So friendly and interested in what you have to say.

on 8/31/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the smell of this and it lasts all day so be wary if you're scent sensitive. It gives slight control to my curly hair and you only need to use a little bit. I used it on wet hair and allowed it to air dry. My hair looks less frizzy. Too much can leave my curls droopy so it takes some experimenting to find the right amount that works for you. It also contains glycerin so I personally can't use this all year which is my biggest gripe with this.

on 8/25/2015 7:26:00 PM

I got a sample of this product some time ago because I wanted something to control my crazy amount of fly-aways and this was recommended for this purpose. It smells great and even a small amount leaves a smell that lingers all day, which I personally love. Its very moisturizing and a little goes a long way.

The down side to this for me is that it takes very little to make the hair feel and look greasy and heavy. Even applying a small amount of this in wet hair weighs my hair down and makes it look heavy and flat.

As far as fly-away control I dont really feel this does anything, because I can't apply enough to make a difference without making my hair look like it hasn't been washed in a week. And to be honest I dont know why LUSH recommended a "greasy" product with no control properties to take care of fly-aways, so I have to take part of the responsibility for that one. Thankfully LUSH gives out samples on most of their products so I didn't feel "tricked" into anything by the sales person.

All in all, I have yet to use up the small sample I got and I don't really find myself reaching for this even though I love the smell because I'm so scared of accidentally using too much and ending up looking gross, so for me it isn't worth getting the full size.

Regarding price I'm not gonna give it a bad score because even though it is expensive, if you can make this work for you (or just want to give your hair that wonderful smell) and are willing to dish out for this product it will literally last you forever, so it's really good value.

on 7/27/2015 3:20:00 PM

I adore this product - I'm not normally a stay-in-conditioner purchaser but I love Lush products and I decided to give this a shot. My hair is naturally weavy but not particularly thick and I was impressed by how this conditioner enhances my curls and the texture of my hair overall. I also love the smell it has, it is somewhat tropical but not exagerately, it leaves this flowery scent around you, and I have received a lot of compliments about that.
I apply it on damp hair before blow or air drying it or sometimes also on dry hair, just for the sake (and the smell) of it!

on 7/20/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So, my hair is a shoulder length lob, kinda wavy/frizzy. Think big Greek hair, basically. I was looking for something to tame the frizz a bit, and this stuff works wonderfully!

It smells pretty awesome as well, in the LUSH product-y kinda smell. Smells like, oranges and flowers or something? Really hard to tell. The smell kinda lingers in your hair, but not really offensively. It's subtle.

I use maybe a dime-sized amount, rub it between my hands, and focus it on my ends. I'll run the leftovers through the rest of my hair, then let air dry. Warning though, if you use too much, it makes your hair pretty greasy, so use it sparingly.

It's kind of expensive for the size, but damn this stuff last forever. I bought it in Dec '14, and it expires Jan '16, but I'll be lucky to use it all up by then, even using it when I wash my hair twice a week. So, it's definitely worth the price.

The tubs are cute, I like them. The product is thick so it *might* get in the threads on the cap, but won't leak. All in all, a Holy Grail product for me! If I lost this, I would definitely have to run out and repurchase.

on 7/15/2015 12:57:00 AM

I love this stuff. I recently bleached the crap out of my hair and it became very frizzy and dry. This product makes my hair feel silky soft, and gets it to behave for the next two days before I need to wash it again. I use a quarter-sized amount for my navel-length hair. I warm the product in my palms and scrunch it through my hair while it is still damp and let it air dry. It helps detangle and smooth down fly aways and really helps the tips from feeling like straw.

It's about $24 for a 3.5 oz container, so it's pretty pricey, but considering I've spent that amount on other crap that didn't end up working, it's a bargain. Also, considering the amount I use, I doubt I'll need to repurchase before the expiration date. I've been using this stuff for a month now and it's seriously the only thing I use out of the shower now. It does smell very strongly, but I find the smell dissipates as my hair is drying so it's really not that bad but you should go smell the product in person just to be sure. There is a slight learning curve when using this product. I tried applying it on dry hair and it just made it crunchy and oily. I applied too much in wet hair and it left it greasy and kept it from drying all the way. I've figured out the perfect amount now and it turns my dry, frizzy hair into silk.

The packaging is very plain and functional. It's a squat, black, screw top tub (same as all of Lush's packaging). It's easy to open, unobtrusive, and I can get all of the product out. I know some people voiced sanitation concerns but you could use disposable tongue depressors (or plastic spoons) to keep the tub clean if you really cared about it. I will repurchase for as long as I have bleach-fried hair.

Hair routine:
Wash with Organix Coconut Water Shampoo
Condition with Lekair Hair Cholesterol Plus (apply once, let it work for 5 minutes and rinse out)
Towel Dry and apply R&B through length, focusing on the tips
Air Dry

on 7/12/2015 2:05:00 PM

Bought this a couple of weeks ago because one of my friends hair always smelled so amazing (and because she was always raving about her new leave in/conditioner). I was warned that you only need a tiny bit of product and you should only put it on wet hair (and not rinse it), so I was prepared. The first time that I used it I wasn't that impressed, I used a tiny amount and my hair felt soft and smelled good, but it didn't last that long. My hair felt a bit dry actually but then again it was also 36 degrees outside and I had gone swimming. The second time I used it, it got better actually. I used a tiny amount of product and my hair had more volume and looked nice, but the smell didn't stay and it felt dry again after a day. I was feeling rather angry at myself for spending 20 euros on another hair product that I would probably never use again. The last time I tried it was last week, and I decided to use more product (not lots of it, but a little bit more). To my surprise this was all it took for my hair to like it. Apparently you need to find the right amount and let your hair adjust to it. I also don't use Lush shampoo or conditioner, so maybe it even works better if you also use a Lush shampoo. I use Redken's Blonde Idol (which is like my favourite shampoo ever and has no sulfates in it) which isn't exactly a cheap shampoo, and this combination works for me. I have fine hair, that I blow dry and sometimes I get highlights (like 3 times a year) so my hair is okay, it's not super super healthy, but it's healthy. I get split three months after a haircut so that's not that bad I guess. I was worried that this product would make my hair greasy because of the oils (I have tried coconut oil and that was a disaster) but it didn't make it greasy at all. I'm not going to use it every time I wash my hair (I try to wash it two times a week), but maybe once a week.

It smells great (I really love the smell)
The scent doesn't linger that long (if you hate how it smells)
It lasts forever (you only need a tiny amount)

A bit pricey
The scent doesn't stay
It made my hair a bit dry when I first started using it
The packaging could be better (I'm not a big fan of the container)

on 7/8/2015 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

To those with long, curly/straight, thick, dry, damaged hair, this stuff is serious hair magic!

My hair profile: Straight, almost waist length, very thick(I got a lota hair!), lightly colorized(ombre), Dry damaged tips, and I use heat tools everyday.

I primarily use this on towel dried hair, concentrating on the tips going up no higher than mid shaft on my hair. This is potent stuff! It is a thick creme/balm so a little goes a long way. I have tried it on dry hair which works too, it's more effective when used on dry hair, but it can become too heavy if you apply too much so I use a lighter hand.

The results are very soft, moisturized, luscious hair. I can really tell it actually moisturizes my hair and not just coating it because in a way, this makes my hair thicker too. Imagine if something is dehydrated; it's small, dry, shrunken, shriveled up, but when hydrated it plumps up and gets bigger. That is what is happening to my hair and it looks and feels so much fuller and overall healthier ever since I used R&B.

This hair creme smells like tropical flowers and lemons. It is strong and lingers for awhile, and I really enjoy that.

I have been using this for a couple of weeks now and this saved my hair. I highly recommend this!

on 7/6/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

First of all the scent far too strong and it's not a pleasant one to me. I gives a greasy feel and doesn't soften or moisturize my dry hair or function as an effective sealant on damp hair.

Top Rated LUSH Products