February 1, 2015 | 1989 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last in Cherry Bomb 918D

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Zydrateelixir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I love this lipstick! It's a great drugstore option for a vampy lip for those who may want to try it for the fall or winter. I wouldn't recommend wearing the megalast lipsticks everyday on the account that they tend to be drying. Personally they are not as drying on me. I've heard horror stories about these lipsticks, people saying that they are so horribly drying and on the other end of the spectrum I've heard others say that they aren't drying at all. I would tell you to try it out for yourself and formulate your own opinions. I would advise to exfoliate and moisturizer your lips prior to application to ensure best results. The pigmentation on this line of lipsticks is great and this is no exception. This lipstick is a gorgeous vampy burgundy shade. I tend to favor the traditional goth aesthetic so on an everyday basis I wear burgundy or dark purple lipstick (although I prefer the later of the two) When I started wearing makeup my go to lipsticks were cherry bomb and vamp it up both by wet n wild but as I've grown up I've gravitated towards mac for lipsticks. Now a days my everyday lipsticks are sin and cyber. Funny enough cherry bomb is a dupe for sin and vamp it up is a dupe for cyber.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2015 5:12:00 AM More reviews by roo5667

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a good vampy lipstick for the Fall/Winter months and heard about Wet n Wilds Cherry Bomb. I ran out and bought it as I figured I could spare $2.

The good: The color of this lipstick is exactly what I was looking for. It's a matte, deep burgundy wine color that can range from a raspberry pink stain to ultra dark purple-red depending on your application. I think it can compliment a wide variety of skin tones.

The bad: This lipstick was just way too drying for my lips. I have horribly dry lips and know to exfoliate and moisturize well when I want to wear matte lip colors, however, even with my usual routine this lipstick was too drying. You'd think with it being so dry that it would at least stay put, but this wasn't the case either. The slightest touch would smudge my lips.

Overall, I love the color and if you don't have a problem with dry lips this lipstick could very well work for you. It just wasn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2015 8:48:00 PM More reviews by merullo23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is dry, and not wearable- like, at all. It comes across as gothy, and it is VERY drying. I barely use it because it's too gothy for me- however, if you're into that this lipstick would be an affordable option.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by KateSchuette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this as a dupe for MAC's Sin, for a tiny fraction of the price ($2!). It's a deep purple wine hue, which can be worn as a sheer cherry color blended with lip balm all the way through to very dark purple - a la the Craft - if you layer it a few times. I like to use just one layer at night as a departure from my usual true or orangey reds. The texture is somewhere between satiny and matte, and the color stays well (I only had to reapply it once at night, after enjoying a bowl of ramen ^_^)

Be careful leaving this in your bag; my top kept popping off and lipstick got on my wallet. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired. You also can't screw the lipstick all the way down, so it can be tough to get the cap back on without making a mess. Overall I'd still recommend it because the actual lipstick is so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently bought this lippie since I was looking for a dupe for MAC Hearts Aflame LE lippie- this isn't a dupe, but I heard this is a dupe for MAC Sin. I don't own Sin, so I can't comment on that, but this lipstick is fantastic; a deep wine-y color that is perfect for fall/winter. The packaging could be better I always get some product on the inner lid :( and this does stain my lips badly with a pink tint, anybody else have this happen to them? Other than that, it's great for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I figure for the hype and couple dollars in my pocket, it was worth checking out. Cherry bomb is a dark, vampy red which suits many skin tones including mine. I tend to gravitate towards burgundy, deep red colors and Cherry bomb was right up my alley! The best way to describe Cherry Bomb is a deep wine.

Keep in mind because these lipsticks are matte and tend to be on the drier side, I always apply lip balm to maintain moisture. After an hour of wear or when I press my lips, I've experience slight grittiness but it's nothing a little tissue and reapplication won't fix.

For the price, these lipsticks are incredible. I would repurchase this color and look into the rest of their line.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Something about the color is so sexy to me; it's like a deep, plushy red velvet color on my lips, flattered my NC 50 skin so very well and looks great with understated makeup, i.e winged liner, mascara and neutral shadow for almost a classic retro-ish look. It is a matte lipstick, so I made sure to put lip balm on before and after application, ontop of exfoliating my lips so it could be applied smoothly. Its pigmented and wore very well, didn't bleed and it ended up leaving a pretty kind of pinky berry stain when it finally faded off which was fine by me. WnW's lipsticks are amazing for the price point, but damn if the packaging doesn't suck so hard. I'm just thinking of cutting them off, then out of the tube and putting them in an old pill saver and apply by lip brush not to lose product by twisting them up and down in that godawful tube and putting the cap back on which smushes everything. I mean for $1.99 it's no loss or anything, but just seems like a good idea. Anyway, it's a great shade for fall and the holidays, just a great lipstick in general. Its a given that I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Amaris392

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the lipstick. It is amazing for the price of $2. it is very pigmented. and it last forever. i always add gloss becasue it may be just a tad bit drying but that doesnt really matter when you have a lipstick this amazing. i always pair it up with a lipline and a gloss and it gives me amazing plush lips for long hours. only collecion i truly LOVE save the money don tb ut the maybelline 14 hour lipsticks there are amazing. (and matte) even thought the packaging sucks
KISSES
-A

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ellakizz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick. I do, I do, I doooooo! Its stays on for a very long time (usually 3+ hours for me). It also looks gorgeous on any skintone! I have several friends who've purchased Cherry Bomb and it looks different but absolutely perfect on each and every one.

Its Matte but only very slightly drying. I usually use lip balm overnight, I know I'm a creep but I like wearing lippies during the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutley love this lipstick. I am not really a "lipstick gal". I dont fuss over lipstick like I do my other make up. I researched this color in different brands and am so glad I picked this one. It is EXACTLY what i was looking for. Its matte and stays put half the day once on. If you don't like dry lipstick, you wont like this but it doesnt bother me. The color is amazing. It was only 2$ which is even better. I will buy this till they dont make it anymore. The ONLY thing that I didnt like about this is that there is no "slant" to the top of the lipstick so that it applies more evenly to lips. Its flat across the top .... but its something that I can live with. Love love love this!