July 30, 2014 | 1916 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last in Cherry Bomb 918D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by FeralFairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own MAC media lipstick and WNW cherry bomb is an exact dupe!! I LOVE IT!! The perfect dark black cherry red lipstick. Very bold and vampy red that imo looks good on everyone. I always wear this with a lip liner even though im sure it would do fine without. Feels comfortable on the lips & last pretty long just touch up when eating/drinking

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by RainaVixen

It's the kind of lipstick that you either 'love it or hate it' type thing.. It's very dark, plum like.. um.. it's a very cakey kind of texture, the color doesn't suit me really, i wouldn't get it personally but if you're into a plum like wine color then this is definitely for you..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This colour is what MAC's Diva should have been! I really wanted a dark grungy red a la Kat Denning but for black girls and this is it... Its a lovely deep rich red on me, full colour - not streaky at all. Goes on satin and wears to a matte, I can wear this with just tight lined eyes and mascara. The bullet fits my lips and emphasises my cupids bow.
Definitely buy if:
- you need a deep rich dramatic red colour at a fraction of the price of MAC
- you want a colour you can wear with very little eye make up
- you want an awesome fall shade that looks just as good going out as it does with a beenie, t-shirt and jeans

Do not buy if:
- You don't like cheap packaging (a bit of the bullet will smush on the lid - guaranteed)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Marianaithink

The color is a really dark wine color, the only thing is that I find it harder to apply than all of my other lip products and it dries my lips instantly so I usually apply a transparent chapstick just to smooth the surface and it helps, sometimes I also add a finishing coat of chapstick if im going for a shinier look but i like how this product gives a matte finish

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this lipstick and get a lot of wear out of it, but find that I enjoy more when I pair it with other products. Its a red based purpley wine color. Has definite red undertones, but its rich like a wine/purple/burgundy deal. Somewhat muted, but still quite intense. Not sheer, although you can blot it down to a nice stain. I do find it to be quite drying, and find that it fades a bit. ( I am horrendously prone to dry lips, though, so that may affect the performance.) It does work better as a lipliner, and works great as a base for other things (like Revlon Black Cherry #477 to go slightly more red, or Wet n Wild megalast liquid lipcolor in the Raisin the roof for a wearable but still definitely purple lip.) I really get a lot of use out of this and would love to try more colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was seeking a vampy red for Autumn this year and had so much trouble just trying to find it in stores, so glad I turned to Crush Cosmetics since Australia doesn't sell Wet N Wild and found Cherry Bomb. It's exactly what I was after and it looks great on my lips! Application a bit rough due to matte drying texture but the lasting power makes up for it. Wish the lid would stay on, only real drawback.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome stuff. My bf's sister is an actress and turned me onto this. I'm amazed by how great it is. It's the perfect oxblood color, very rich bitch. The packaging sucks, though-the cap is always popping off. So maybe get a carrying case for it. Next I want to try it in Spiced Rum.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by keiraellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
+Beautiful, deep wine red. I've been looking for a wine red because the bright red looks strange with my tanner skin. This is exactly what I was looking for. Seriously perfect!
+Great pigmentation. One coat gives that gorgeous deep red. Add more layers to get darker, vampy lips.
+Price. I got this (on 25% off sale) at Walgreens for $1.65. Dirt cheap for amazing quality.
+Incredible staying power. Lasts all night.
+Doesn't feather outside the lips.

Cons:
-Packaging. The design doesn't let the lipstick screw all the way down, so it's difficult to take the lid off without hitting the lipstick. There are marks on the inside of the lid every time I open it. A little annoying but can be easily overlooked.
-Not very moisturizing. This again doesn't bother me too much. I just use chapstick before applying this, problem solved.

I'm so incredibly happy with this lipstick. I highly, highly recommend. Plus, for about $2, what's the risk? Get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by teekay01

This lipstick is one of the best deep wine colors I've ever come across. I would rather reach for this than a Chanel lipstick. What an amazing texture and the staying power is crazy. If you're one to not reapply your lipstick or powder your nose during the day, this will be a staple. If I could give this product (and entire color line) another lippie, I would! Don't wait another minute to try it out. For the price of a tall latte, you could have luscious lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by babysharks

What a find! I've gone into Walgreens looking for Vamp It Up several times, but no luck. I decided to try Cherry Bomb because it was the next darkest shade, and I'm so glad I gave it a shot!
Cherry Bomb is a lovely opaque matte lipstick. It isn't as dark on me when I wear it alone, so I usually layer it on top of NYX's Plum liner. The formula is a bit drying, so I do have to wipe it off and reapply when it begins to look a little worn out during the day. It holds up well and looks great for a lower-end product. My only complaint is that the lipstick itself doesn't retract into the tube completely, so it does end up squishing into the tube if I'm not careful.
Overall, great product. I'm looking forward to trying the other shades.