Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last in Cherry Bomb 918D

4.5

on 3/27/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is like almost hot pink on me. I was hoping for a vampier color, but it just is a garish pink. No thank you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I like Mac Diva and wanted it, but I coukd not see myself wearing it enough to justify the price( although I normally would settle for Mac). The packaging on this is crap and probably why its so cheap, but the product itself is good enough. It takes a bit of dragging but it has good color payoff and is a semi-matte or satin finish. Only a bit drying so wearing lipbalm would remedy that. The color itself is a pretty vampy deep brown berry red, in between Mac's Sin and Diva( perhaps similar to Media?). It leaves a deep purple red stain on my lips, like a redder deeper version of Rebel. I recommend for those wanting Diva, Media, or Sin without paying the price.

on 2/28/2015 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

First off, I am native american so I have very yellow undertones. Just for reference, I am an NC35-40.

Application: goes on smooth and doesnt cause my lips to feel dry. For you all with dry lips, I would apply some coconut oil or lip balm before applying this since its a little on the matte side

Wear: stays on for at least 4 hours with little transfer and leaves a really nice red stain on your lips💋. I like to reapply after eating though.

Price: I paid $1.99 at my local drugstore

Color: This is a blue based red and it is creamy and a little matte at the same time. It is a red that you could really wear anytime of year. I was really concerned about this shade looking good on me since I have such strong yellow undertones but it looks amazing. My new HG red lipstick!!!!

on 2/25/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i like this lipstick but i dont want a full-on color of deep plum that this lipstick offers so i use it often by putting on lip balm first and apply this one by tapping slightly on the lips as i blend. it gives me that stained effect. it's even more beautiful if i mix it with revlon balmstain in honey to give it staying power and a bit of moisture. the result is amazing! it's a great everyday color, a subdued deeper pink with enough color pay off but not too nude.

on 2/16/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was so excited to finally own this product! All the rave about this was definitely true. Although the product does not have a truly matte finish, I do like the formula. It is not too drying on my lips. I realised that the colour become much more "berry" and "purple" on me the longer it sits on my lips. It was much more towards the brown shade when I first applied it. Great product for it's amazing price. This is the lipstick to go for that dark vampy look!

on 2/13/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I LOVE this lipstick!

I bought it as a dupe for MAC's Rebel, because I wanted a vampish lip. This is a great drugstore option if you don't want to shell out fifteen bucks for a lipstick.

Though...

When I personally take it off, it leaves a pink stain on my lips that only really comes off after a few days, or with some serious exfoliating of my lips. But since the stain is a nice nude based sort of pink, I don't mind it at all.

The packaging doesn't bother me, to be honest. I find it quite cute. And since I don't carry lipsticks with me in my purse, it's not a pain to deal with.

continued >>

on 1/18/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have to say that I love this lipstick! It's a great drugstore option for a vampy lip for those who may want to try it for the fall or winter. I wouldn't recommend wearing the megalast lipsticks everyday on the account that they tend to be drying. Personally they are not as drying on me. I've heard horror stories about these lipsticks, people saying that they are so horribly drying and on the other end of the spectrum I've heard others say that they aren't drying at all. I would tell you to try it out for yourself and formulate your own opinions. I would advise to exfoliate and moisturizer your lips prior to application to ensure best results. The pigmentation on this line of lipsticks is great and this is no exception. This lipstick is a gorgeous vampy burgundy shade. I tend to favor the traditional goth aesthetic so on an everyday basis I wear burgundy or dark purple lipstick (although I prefer the later of the two) When I started wearing makeup my go to lipsticks were cherry bomb and vamp it up both by wet n wild but as I've grown up I've gravitated towards mac for lipsticks. Now a days my everyday lipsticks are sin and cyber. Funny enough cherry bomb is a dupe for sin and vamp it up is a dupe for cyber.

on 1/12/2015 5:12:00 AM

I was looking for a good vampy lipstick for the Fall/Winter months and heard about Wet n Wilds Cherry Bomb. I ran out and bought it as I figured I could spare $2.

The good: The color of this lipstick is exactly what I was looking for. It's a matte, deep burgundy wine color that can range from a raspberry pink stain to ultra dark purple-red depending on your application. I think it can compliment a wide variety of skin tones.

The bad: This lipstick was just way too drying for my lips. I have horribly dry lips and know to exfoliate and moisturize well when I want to wear matte lip colors, however, even with my usual routine this lipstick was too drying. You'd think with it being so dry that it would at least stay put, but this wasn't the case either. The slightest touch would smudge my lips.

Overall, I love the color and if you don't have a problem with dry lips this lipstick could very well work for you. It just wasn't for me.

on 1/8/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This lipstick is dry, and not readily wearable, but it's great over a balm for a statement look! I appreciate that it is cheap since I won't wear it regularly.

on 11/9/2014 5:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I purchased this as a dupe for MAC's Sin, for a tiny fraction of the price ($2!). It's a deep purple wine hue, which can be worn as a sheer cherry color blended with lip balm all the way through to very dark purple - a la the Craft - if you layer it a few times. I like to use just one layer at night as a departure from my usual true or orangey reds. The texture is somewhere between satiny and matte, and the color stays well (I only had to reapply it once at night, after enjoying a bowl of ramen ^_^)

Be careful leaving this in your bag; my top kept popping off and lipstick got on my wallet. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired. You also can't screw the lipstick all the way down, so it can be tough to get the cap back on without making a mess. Overall I'd still recommend it because the actual lipstick is so good.

Popular Lipsticks