August 29, 2014 | 1678 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Last in Cherry Bomb 918D

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

My HG deep blacky plum/wine lip for winter - super dramatic and vampy borderline goth but it works so well on fair skin. Love how it is matte also. Super buildable, long lasting and easy to get a precise application with. A shade deeper and more purple than Revlon's Red velvet lip butter, almost identical to Revlon's Black cherry superlustrous which I love the shade of but hate the patchy formula, similar to Revlon's Wine Not matte formula but better/stronger pigment and less drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of my favorite lipsticks, and without a doubt, my favorite red. I do not like bright reds on me, so in my case the darker the better. Alot of people have said that this is an exact dupe for MAC's Diva. It's the perfect deep red, almost burgundy lip color. If it's too dark, you can mix it with a lighter red, and get the perfect medium. Or even apply to both lips, blot it down, and dab another red, like WnW's Stoplight Red (like I do) in the very middle. Cna't go wrong with this one. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jelloobeans

Wet n Wild's Mega Last Lipstick in Cherry Bomb (918d) can be described as deep, dark wine red. Not a color I normally wear but I love it!

Here's my detailed review:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Juliecore

OMG, i have never been so impressed by a drugstore shade. This color is superb & the staying power is up there with the more expensive brands that i usually wear. I hope they keep making this since they ran out at local drugstores/ i had to order off ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by FeralFairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own MAC media lipstick and WNW cherry bomb is an exact dupe!! I LOVE IT!! The perfect dark black cherry red lipstick. Very bold and vampy red that imo looks good on everyone. I always wear this with a lip liner even though im sure it would do fine without. Feels comfortable on the lips & last pretty long just touch up when eating/drinking

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by RainaVixen

It's the kind of lipstick that you either 'love it or hate it' type thing.. It's very dark, plum like.. um.. it's a very cakey kind of texture, the color doesn't suit me really, i wouldn't get it personally but if you're into a plum like wine color then this is definitely for you..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This colour is what MAC's Diva should have been! I really wanted a dark grungy red a la Kat Denning but for black girls and this is it... Its a lovely deep rich red on me, full colour - not streaky at all. Goes on satin and wears to a matte, I can wear this with just tight lined eyes and mascara. The bullet fits my lips and emphasises my cupids bow.
Definitely buy if:
- you need a deep rich dramatic red colour at a fraction of the price of MAC
- you want a colour you can wear with very little eye make up
- you want an awesome fall shade that looks just as good going out as it does with a beenie, t-shirt and jeans

Do not buy if:
- You don't like cheap packaging (a bit of the bullet will smush on the lid - guaranteed)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Marianaithink

The color is a really dark wine color, the only thing is that I find it harder to apply than all of my other lip products and it dries my lips instantly so I usually apply a transparent chapstick just to smooth the surface and it helps, sometimes I also add a finishing coat of chapstick if im going for a shinier look but i like how this product gives a matte finish

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this lipstick and get a lot of wear out of it, but find that I enjoy more when I pair it with other products. Its a red based purpley wine color. Has definite red undertones, but its rich like a wine/purple/burgundy deal. Somewhat muted, but still quite intense. Not sheer, although you can blot it down to a nice stain. I do find it to be quite drying, and find that it fades a bit. ( I am horrendously prone to dry lips, though, so that may affect the performance.) It does work better as a lipliner, and works great as a base for other things (like Revlon Black Cherry #477 to go slightly more red, or Wet n Wild megalast liquid lipcolor in the Raisin the roof for a wearable but still definitely purple lip.) I really get a lot of use out of this and would love to try more colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was seeking a vampy red for Autumn this year and had so much trouble just trying to find it in stores, so glad I turned to Crush Cosmetics since Australia doesn't sell Wet N Wild and found Cherry Bomb. It's exactly what I was after and it looks great on my lips! Application a bit rough due to matte drying texture but the lasting power makes up for it. Wish the lid would stay on, only real drawback.