August 23, 2014 | 1359 users online

Treatments (Face) - Warm Compress

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by limespider

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was reintroduced to hot-compresses for the face when I had one of the best all-natural facials I've ever had.

I have sensitive, acne prone, dehydrated skin. (Not DRY skin which I was told means you lack oil, not water). My facial started with medium sized hot towels applied to my face. This was done about 4 times. (The were soaked with some Apple Cider vinegar - a great disinfectant).

Each time she applied the compress, the aesthetician pressed over the towel gently with both hands all around my face. This removes a lot of congestion in the pores without squeezing, which can damage and stretch the pore over time. (Some deeper or larger pimples may need to be extracted.)

She also used a plain yogurt mask which does wonders. It is best used just once a week and washed off for people who get congested.

I have since done my own compresses. I bought a ton of cheap face clothes and just run them under hot water. My skin feels so clean and soft afterward! I don't do it too much, but I often do this before I wash my face at night.

It's cheap, all natural and feels very relaxing. You can experiment with soaking your compress in various teas, vinegar, or apply it over moisturizer like a previous reviewer stated.

I highly, highly recommend the hot compress.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by amogge

After spending probably hundreds of dollars on acne medicines and suffering the pain and embarrassment of cysts, a warm-hot compress applied a few times a day has turned out to be the best remedy available.
Softens and releases all of the sebum and pus (gross!) without damaging the skin like popping or picking at it would.
I follow it up with some diluted tea tree oil to disinfect and overnight my skin looks a million times better and is on the way to healing. halleluiah.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Another great way to use a warm compress.....I slather on Revlon Eterna 27 Cream and then lay the VERY warm cloth over my face and press all around my face. After a few minutes I remove the cream with the cloth. I'm left with super soft, moist skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Warm compress is a god send. I used to get severe cystic acne on my jawline were i would get large red painful bumps without surfacing. To my surprise I found that using a warm compress for 10 minutes, the skin would loosen enough to clear the bump with an extractor. If I didnt use a warm compress, I would be literally be in tears and almost a broken jaw trying to pop the darn bump (disgusting and TMI i know), but now that I have started proactiv, the bumps rarely appear, but when they do, I no longer need deal with agony plus warm compress costs $0

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't believe no one has reviewed this yet! This is awesome!

This brings any and all under-the-surface pimples to the surface. I love purging my zits. The heat kills the bacteria and you can apply a zit zapper if you'd like to dry it up. I like TTO or my Dead Sea Mud Mask. (You can substitute that with plain kaolin clay.)

This is how I do it:
I just put a warm/hot washcloth on my pimple for as long as I can stand it. Simple and easy! (Not to mention cheap too ;) LOL) Hope this helped someone out there. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No