Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 7/29/2015 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the product in a bottle so I am not sure why some of the pics show tubes. I am truly a foundation junkie. I should have been admitted, but here I am, writing reviews. So starting from the famous Estée Lauder Doublewear that none of the shades match my skin tone and it looks hideous in pictures, to WetnWild, they all fail. The famous Revlon Colorstay does not make my shade, just like MAC. The shades are either too yellow or too red. I am truly neutral with a little bit of olive. I did not have high hopes for this one as the shades are very limited. Surprisingly, the shade True Beige 203 is an exact match. The product stays on for a long time without looking greasy or gross. The coverage is much better than MAC, Estée Lauder and Revlon. It does not oxidize either. Does it last for 25 hours? God knows. I have not tried it for a straight 25-hour and I do not want to. For all of us in the oily zone land, we want our foundation to stay put and not to melt. One other huge positive about this product is that it does not feel dry. When I wore Revlon Colorstay, under my eyes looked dry and dark once I washed off the foundation. Also, Revlon Colorstay does not wash off that easily which is a huge problem as the debris can lead to acne and other skin problems. So far, this product is great!

on 7/27/2015 12:04:00 PM

I HATE THIS NEW BOTTLE.

The previous squeeze tube was perfect. This bottle is for the birds.

Apart from that, my favorite foundation. I work 12 hour shifts and need something to stay put. I use Smashbox Photo ready primer underneath.

on 7/24/2015 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation! I've used it for years, including before they brought out the nude version of this product. I have very oily skin and find with some foundations that by the end of the day, it's gone. With this foundation though, that doesn't happen. I like to apply this foundation with my fingers as it has a built in primer so it smooths over the skin beautifully. It doesn't oxidise either and sets to a satin finish, which if you have normal skin, would look beautiful just the foundation alone. I also use this in the winter when my skin is a bit more combination- oily and it never clings to dry patches. I set mine with the stay matte powder which I find to be a great combination. This foundation is great value for money as I have tried much more expensive foundations and still always go back to this one. Would recommend it to everyone!

on 7/23/2015 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have Rosacea on my cheeks and chin. I must have a full coverage foundation. I got a sample of the Estee Lauder Double Wear and used it. Did a great job, and was prepared to go purchase the full size, but was watching the vlog from emilynoel83 on youtube (who loves to dupe expensive products, and she recommended the Rimmel Lasting finish 25 Hour Foundation. I purchased in Light Ivory. I did half my face with Estee Lauder and the other half with Rimmell. NO DIFFERENCE. I could not tell at the end of the day which was which if I didn't already know. I have purchased my second bottle now. I swear DrugStore brands have come WAY far with their quality. My favorite eyeliner(tried them all for not smudging. This is the only one no matter the price point).
the only con I have is the packaging. I would much prefer a squeeze tube for hygienic reasons, but that is it. I sure hope they don't stop making this.....

on 7/23/2015 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After using Revlon Colorstay for a year I was interested in trying a foundation that was cheaper and less drying, so I picked up both Porcelain and Ivory in the 25 hour foundation.

Pro's:
-A lot more hydrating then other foundations I have worn (Colorstay) and doesn't feel tight once dry.
-Leaves a nice glowwy appearance to the skin.
-The smell is really pleasant and doesn't smell like paint!
-Doesn't break me out.
-Removes really easily with makeup wipes.
-Medium coverage with a few pumps.
-Applies best with fingers due to thick consistency.

Con's:
-Transfers everywhere! My shirts, hugging friends, scratching face.. etc.
-Cracks really awfully in my smile lines (this could be application but happens every time I wear this foundation).
-Doesn't last cleanly for more than 8 hours; smile lines appear and streaking after this (couldn't see it lasting 25 hours at all).
-Really awful colour range; porcelain, which I am aware isn't available everywhere, is really pink and makes me looked flushed in comparison to my skin; and ivory is very yellow and oxidises orange quickly. I am fairly pale so the colour range has left me annoyed. I am currently mixing these two but it still isn't a perfect match and leaves me very off coloured unless I blend down my neck lightly.

For the price (AUD $17-ish), praise Priceline for Rimmel sales, it is a pretty decent foundation. In relative terms really cheap for Australian prices, (Colorstay AUD $37) and feels really nice on the skin. Wouldn't hold its 25 hour claim to its name though.

on 7/23/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used Cover Girl for a long time then needed a little more coverage as I got older and decided to try this Rimmel 200 I have olive toned skin I also have oily skin as well this stays all day and doesn't break me out or make my face shiny at all and it last for a long time also this is nice coverage just enough but not over the top and it blends well and doesn't settle in pores either I love this stuff 😉😉

on 7/21/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am a bit on the fence with this one. On one hand, it is a good foundation for the price and the packaging is nice and all. On the other hand, my main problem with this is that there's such a fine line between too little foundation and too much with this one.

I found a shade that is absolutely perfect for my skin and doesn't look too yellow or pink or anything, but I feel like I need a very specific amount of foundation or I will either look like I'm not wearing any or I'm wearing way too much and my face feels painted on.

On the days when I get the amount right, my skin looks flawless and I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask. In my opinion it also lasts for quite a while with a good primer underneath (I have tried this foundation with Rimmel's Stay Matte primer as well as Maybelline's Dream Smooth primer and both were okay. If I had to pick one that was better with this particular foundation it would be Maybelline) It does tend to rub off on clothes though, so that's a bit disappointing.

I am still on a quest to find the best foundation for me out there, but until I do, this will probably be my go-to.

on 7/18/2015 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

There are a few things I love about this foundation, and a few things I hate, but the hates outweigh the loves on this one.

First the loves. I was able to find a fantastic colour match that doesn't oxidize on me. That doesn't happen often. I'm extremely fair, and the lightest options in most ranges are still usually a hair dark, and either too pink or too yellow. Not with this one. I get a consistent colour, which is great. Another love is the bottle. Tall, glass, pump. If every foundation bottle was like this, I'd be so happy. Last thing I like is the consistency. Not too thick, not too runny. Just... nice. Feels nice going on too. The price is also pretty decent for the amount you get (1 fl oz in the newer pump bottles).

The things I dislike about this foundation are pretty basic things I need in a foundation.

Firstly, I'm not a fan of the coverage. For me, this doesn't cover much. It's fine for good skin days, but any little bit of extra redness shines through any less than a few layers. Additionally, once applied, on me, it looks rather dry. So it doesn't cover much, but still looks cakey. Not really a good trade-off.

Secondly, I get a crazy amount of transfer with this. Doesn't matter if I use power and setting spray, and primer, this comes off on anything my face touches. Fingers, clothing, boyfriend. It just doesn't like to stay on my face.

Lastly, it just doesn't last (hehe) on me. Even if I'm only wearing it for 8-9 hours in an air-conditioned office, by the time I wash my face when I get home, I'm patchy, look greasy, and my face just feels gross. My skin is very normal, and not overly oily, so this doesn't happen with many foundations.

It's also worth noting that this foundation does have a subtle scent to it. To me, it smells like hair conditioner, clean and a tad floral. This doesn't bother me, but it might bother people who are sensitive to scents or fragrance on the skin.

Overall, it might be worth a try if you have dry skin, but for me, this just doesn't work the way I'd like.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is the worst makeup product I have ever used. This foundation caused an allergic reaction to my face, I don't even have sensitive skin. My face is swollen and covered in red bumps thanks to this foundation! Stay away from this foundation. Well, lesson learned, I am never buying anything with fragrance.

on 7/13/2015 3:37:00 PM

So disappointed with this foundation. Bought in the shade 'light porcelain' as I have quite fair skin.
However...after this foundation has been on my face for about fifteen minutes it oxidizes so much that I look like I've had some sort of bad tanning accident.

It's really dry as well,absolutely no glow to this foundation once applied to your face. That's juts personal preference though, I prefer a dewy foundation to a matte finish.

It's dry, dull and it oxidises. Wish I could return it. I don't know why I ever stray away from my beloved MAC Face and Body.