September 19, 2014 | 1000 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by lindylu2202

I cannot believe after all the foundations I have tried, that Rimmel ended up being my HG foundation. I love this stuff. I have this on hand and Estee Lauder Double Wear, I reach for the Rimmel over the Estee Lauder every single day since purchasing.

Things I love about it, 1. GREAT coverage. 2. Does NOT break me out 3. Great packaging 4. The color Ivory blends into my skin 5.Lasts ALLLLLL day. 6. Super cheap.

I have combination skin, an oily T- Zone, dry around my nose and mouth, this foundation does not slide off my face and does not settle into my dry patches. If you are on the fence about buying, just go ahead and do it. It's cheap, if you don't like it, you can throw it away!

Edited to add, I don't always use powder (you don't have to with this foundation) but when I do, I like to set this with Benefit's Hello Flawless and my combo crazy skin truly looks...flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by rosiexpancakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The shade is good, not too orangey, but it feels sticky and cakey. Reasonable coverage though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by jsunny

THIS IS MY HG FOUNDATION.
I cannot believe that I'm actually saying this since I've tried over 15 different foundations and 90% of them were high end. I've tried from Tarte to Revlon and this is the best foundation I have used. I suffer from a lot of redness and blackheads and I am EXTREMELY oily. Also, I have serrborheic dermatitis which is oily flakes on the skin which almost every foundation either really accentuates the flakes or really accentuates the oil. This doesn't do either. The coverage is semi matte and does not contain shimmers. The consistancy is a bit liquidy so sometimes when you open the foundation too fast, too much product might come out too much. Like I stated before, I do have extreme oil on my face so I do have to blot every 4 hours but with other foundations I have to blot every hour. The foundation does not separate around my pores either or sink into my scaly flakes. Tip for oily gals: put on foundation, lightly dust with matte powder, spray a setting spray, powder immedially again using a puff to push the powder onto the skin) I absolutely love this product but the only downside is that the lightest shade is a bit too dark for my skin time. Other than that I love this product and I will probably never buy another foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Decent foundation. Not my favorite but better than some of the other drugstore foundations I have tried.
The lasting power was ok not the best and shade wise they can use some improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ddeveney87

This product can often be found in Boots on offer. Much to my delight! Absolutely love this, its so reasonably priced anyway even when not on offer and gives amazing coverage on my far from perfect skin. Has been a godsend at times!1 Definitely worth a try!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 5:38:00 AM More reviews by MyMakeupPerspective

I have been using this foundation for such a long time and I've re-purchased around four bottles so I feel like I know it pretty well! :) Here are my thoughts:

Pros:

Price
Blendability
Natural coverage
Lasts fairly well
Does not break me out

Cons:

Can get oily
Palest shade isn't pale enough for my natural skin tone
Doesn't last allll day

If you'd like to see my YouTube review on this product, here it is:

PS - I could not be happier that MakeupAlley now allows us to embed our YouTube reviews!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Maxmom1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have combination to oily skin, depending on the season. I was browsing DS foundations and came across this. I read so many great reviews on it, but was a little hesitant because my summertime skin is oily. I decided to give it a try, and I LOVE this foundation! It is creamy and blends easily. It covers very well without looking cakey, and feels light on the skin. It gives my skin an even, glowy, satin-matte finish. I use Stay Matte powder to set it. (LOVE that too!) It has lasted through long, hot 90+ degree days, and stays put. I get a little bit of shine in my T-zone half-way through the day, but I get that with HE foundations too. Just a slight touch of powder takes care of it, and I don't have to re-touch later. Considering the quality of the product, the price is very reasonable. Will definitely continue to use, and see how well it performs in the colder months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Absolutely love this foundation. If you had told me that I would fall in love with a Rimmel foundation, I wouldn't have believed you. I have been looking for a long lasting foundation that doesn't dry out my skin, has a good shade range and is a reasonable price for a long time. In comes this foundation. I find this foundation definitely works best for me if I apply it using a damp sponge, it makes the product look less cakey and provides a lighter coverage which still lasts all day. For anyone with dry skin, I'd definitely recommend using it like this. The shade range isn't perfect, I find it leans towards pink undertones slightly but the Ivory shade was neutral enough for me to make it work. Lasts as long as Estee Lauder Double Wear but comes with a pump and is a quarter of the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

Firstly, this product is extremely similar, in my opinion, to Revlon Colorstay.

It has medium to full coverage, and dries very quickly.

I have acne prone skin and lots of redness/scarring, and this product covers that better than most other products I have tried.

The colour range is fairly good, not overtly orange, and quite matching whilst giving some colour.

Matte finish

I have worn this product all day and it has stayed on my skin quite well.

I have noticed some new pimples however, whether this product has caused them, I can't say at this point.

This product is HEAVY DUTY, and I would probably not wear on a daily basis! I would also recommend giving your skin a thorough clean after using this product.

Very cheap product considering how well it works. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is so hydrating!!!!! ohmy gosh i love this foundation and it lasts all day and does not look cakey, and a good medium finish i love this so much, i have the lightest shade which can look just a tiny bit dark but it still works. try this out!!