Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great shade range but horrible formula. Feels sticky on my face (maybe from spf) and didn't like the coverage. even the 'full coverage' one wasn't full coverage on me. I'm assuming it's because of the spf in it. wont repurchase. 👎

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this foundation in 010 Porcelain and 091 Light Ivory. I bought Porcelain first because there were no testers and I assumed it would be my shade since I'm so pale but it ended up being a tad too light so I bought Light Ivory and it looks much more natural on me. I don't mind having to buy two since it was only $7 a bottle. Light Ivory is almost a perfect match for me.

I love the packaging, very sleek glass bottle with a pump and a cap. I hear the the US version doesn't have a pump though. I don't think the Canadian formula has SPF in it, since I haven't seen any indication of it on the bottle, but that's okay with me since I always wear sunscreen under my makeup anyways.

The finish of this foundation is very smooth and natural looking (I use a damp sponge to apply) and I would say it has a medium to full coverage. It can emphasize flakes and dry patches so make sure you moisturize very well if you're a fellow dry-faced girl. It does make my face look a bit dry at first but once it settles in a bit it looks really lovely. Another thing I wanted to mention was the smell. I really like it; it has a very light, fresh scent to it. I'm not sure how to describe it but it makes me think of clean water, or pastel blue.

I would definitely repurchase, but I'm looking for something with a dewier finish so I don't think I'd call this HG.

on 3/27/2015 7:09:00 PM

I'm writing this review after a full day of wearing this foundation. I gave this a 3 lippies but it's more like ... 3.5.
I decided to pick this foundation up after my go-to Revlon Colorstay jacked up its prices and I needed a cheaper alternative. As an oily-skinned gal, the Colorstay has always been good to me and long-lasting like it claims.
Okay so let's start on this foundation ... Let me just say, that the finish that I observed right after application is so beautiful - my skin looks so dewy and moisturized. Not sure what it is about the formula that achieves this (maybe the Comfort Serum?) but yeah, it was very flattering. It was also medium-full coverage which is what I look for to cover my post-acne marks. I would say the coverage to comparable to the Colorstay. After I set it with powder, it looked more mattified and I was off to go on about my day and test this "25 hour" claim (tall order, Rimmel).

It looked fine after 3.5-4 hours; the beautiful finish that I observed before was slipping a little.
After about 6-7 hours, I got in my car after my school day & yikes ... the cheek area beside my nose looked like oil slicks; tip of my nose was shiny, and generally my T-zone area was pretty shiny. But I did see that the staying power was not bad - the foundation wasn't slipping off my face or anything. I suspect that for oilier skin types, this stuff would transfer onto clothing and other things. If I rub the foundation, it felt greasy.

I don't know if I can classify this as a matte foundation at all suited for oilier skin types. Would I recommend it? Yeah, for people that don't get as oily as I do. Or for people with oily skin, just blot/set throughout the day and it should work for you. Like I said, the finish was very nice and maybe I will continue to give this a try in the future because the maintenance might worth the finish that it provides me.

on 3/26/2015 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Never been huge fan of drugstore foundation. ...and especially rimmel...it was a cheap brand I used as a kid as I only had limited funds! But its become popular and a lot of youtubers review this make up.
after buying the wake me up foundation and loving it (see my review on that foundation)....I decided I'd try this fuller coverage and longer wearing foundation. ...as I do love full coverage due to acne scarring etc....SORRY BUT I HATE THIS FOUNDATION! why....its thick...which would be ok if it blended well...it takes ages to dry and is so sticky...leaving skin tacky for ages...you'd have to put a decent layer of powder on to try and dry it....also...THIS IS NOT FULL COVERAGE! its light and can be built up too medium. ...but blending it is a challenge! Also I gave it a good chance...and after two days I had two pimples. .which this foundation did not cover ....did this foundation cause my two new friends????? I'd say yes....as I only got them after wearing this make up.....yet the rimmel wake me up was great abd actually helped my skin....
overall this may be great for some but not for all....I have dryish skin...think this may be suited to oily combination skin types....as mines dryer I prefer the wake me up ....wake me up isn't full coverage either but I only need full coverage on my chin area.....
this 25 hour foundation drys fast but stays sticky. ...not full cover...medium at best....plus side. ...colours are great. ..same as wake me up shades...
5/10.....I don't hate rimmel just hate this sticky stuff!but gave it 5 as its got a pump and love a glass bottle ;)

on 3/25/2015 1:46:00 AM

It does have a smell to it. Not bad, but I do think it may be a bit strong for some. I didn't have trouble blending it into my skin, but after application I felt it and realized it was suuuuuper tacky. That went away once I set it with powder some minutes later though. It also seemed like the color darkened quite a bit as I was applying it (I got 100 ivory and the undertone was a bit too pink for me). It gave pretty amazing coverage and lasted me a full day (with some blotting every few hours since my skin is excessively oily). However, I don't think I'll be repurchasing, just because I can tell I won't be able to find a good shade match. At least at $6 it wasn't a total waste of money.

on 3/24/2015 9:50:00 PM

Used the old version in the tube And now using this new version in the glass bottle. I've tried them all or at least I feel like I have. Just recently bought EL DW which I love but I love thIs product better. 56 years old, not a lot of wrinkles, take care of my skin, but Have a lot of hyper pigmentation. What can I say but I love it!!!!! For reference, I'm a Mac NW25, ELDW pebble, and wear this in classic beige.

on 3/23/2015 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have oily skin and this foundation makes me look drier on the face which had me confused, I thought it was the primer I was using (Insta-blur) I tried smash box hydration primer - worked well on my nose and face except from my chin and forehead which still looked very dry! However, I like how thick this foundation is, I would suggest to use an egg sponge or beauty blender, you literally only need less then 2 squirts for a full coverage face (followed by concealer)

on 3/21/2015 1:07:00 AM

I really don't know how I feel about this product. It looks fine and covers pretty well but it feels really heavy and STICKY. I typically don't like to set my whole face with a powder if I don't have to (like when I use longwear foundations) but I absolutely have to set this with a good powder cause the stickiness does not go away after just a short time like most foundations, it stays so it's uncomfortable and makes anything on top of it go patchy and muddy. that being said, once I set it with a powder it's absolutely fine and it doesn't look bad or mess with any products I layer on top. It does last the 15 hours it claims and doesn't LOOK too heavy or cake despite it feeling that way. Idk, it's a nice products and is a nice full coverage foundation for it being a cheaply priced drug store item but not my fav, not HG material. Nice packaging as well I might add (it really does matter lol)

on 3/19/2015 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tried this after hearing good reviews by some YouTube gurus and I have to agree with them. Great product at a great price. More over EL double wear!

on 3/19/2015 1:19:00 AM

This is really impressive for a drugstore foundation. Also very natural.