April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Pink-rosa

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dove has always been readily available to me in my house. Since I have eczema, and my mom is a PEDs nurse, we always had a plethora of their soaps/body washes, etc. As I started getting into skincare to take care of my face and alleviate the trauma I put it through with all of the makeup I wear, I didn't even think to use this stuff. About a week ago, after I'd ran out of my usual cleanser, and was just too lazy to go out and spend money to replace it, I decided to see what the hoopla about these so called 'beauty bars' was all about. Mostly everything I found was a rave, so I figured I had nothing to lose.

Just a summary about my skin, I'm very dry and slightly acne prone. I don't have a face covered in bumps, but I usually have a few critters on my face at any given time, whether it be a result of hormones, eating habits, lack of hydration, etc. When I first used this, I had a few blemishes and pimples, but nothing out of the ordinary. My skin felt amazing after using this. Extremely soft to the touch,. What I wasn't expecting however, was it clearing up my face as well as it did! My face is so clear and bump free, and no other product, no matter the promises, have done that for me. I'm almost ashamed that this has been under my nose all this time, and I didn't even think to use it for my face. I started out using the beauty bar in the green box, for sensitive skin. But I decided to try the pink, just because I'm a girl, and...it's prettier. The rose smell is dainty and feminine, but not at all overbearing. Used as a cleanser, it's so gentle and creamy.. I'm mildly obsessed. I may take my time replacing it...if ever. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

This is my favorite soap! I've been using it for two years and even was able to use it on Accutane! It has never dried out my skin. It leaves it clean, soft, moisturized, and smells amazing. I also like the original dove bar, but I prefer this one since the scent is a little stronger and lingers a bit. I can use this on my face to take off makeup and it doesn't clog my pores. I use it to shave my legs (it lathers very well with a loofah) and never get razor burn anymore. It is very cheap--you can get an 8-pack of bars for $8 at Target or Costco and each bar lasts me 2-3 months. My HG body soap!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

All my Walmart had in stock was this and the Nectarine & White Ginger, which I don't care for, so I grabbed the pink. This was the soap my family used when I was a very small girl, so it brings back pleasant memories of long, sudsy baths. It is indeed a more rose-smelling version of the classic Dove scent, but not too strong, powdery, or otherwise "grandmotherly." I don't usually go for rose, actually, but I feel entitled due to being a June birthday. Unfortunately, this seems to have something in it that breaks me out - not sure if it's the perfume or the dye or just a fluctuation in my skin, but I'll be ditching the remaining 3 bars if my skin doesn't calm down by the end of bar #1.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

as good as it gets....this is a lovely soap in the 'commercial' non-organic product line; great scent and quite moisturizing.
It does dissolve a lot, in humid weather or if the soap box is not kept shut tight and away from the shower area.
Hope Dove stops the animal testing, especially when their brand name is a bird, ironically! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently got bored with using typical shower gels and liquid washes, and I decided that I wanted to use soap bars instead. I've used Dove in the past, so I went back to them. I love the smell, and a bar of soap lasts me longer than a bottle of body wash. I started with the unscented bar, and when that was finished, I decided to change and use the pink bar. I purchased a 2-pack from Target, and it was definitely cheaper than buying a bottle of body gel. I love the scent-it's clean and has a hint of a rose perfume. I also feel that it hydrates my skin and doesn't leave a film or any tightness. It's a great product, and I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this soap. It does have a strong scent but it is nice to smell good and clean after a shower, right?! It is moisturizing and doesn't make me break out anywhere..so far so good! I also love the fact that it is pink :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

YUCK! I hated the smell of this! It was way too strong and reminded me of a very strong smelling perfume! This gave me a head ache.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by bigbink11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dove beauty bars in general are my HG!! my mother has had my entire family using this for as long as i can remember.unlike other bar soaps this doesnt leave that gross film/scum on your skin after rinsing. It doesnt leave you dry and the rose scent is light and barely lingers on your skin just leaving you feeling and smelling clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by bonbon1281

Mild cleanser, beautiful scent, leaves skin soft and silky.
My late grandmother always, always used Dove. I loved her skin. Always soft and silky. So now, I take it from her and I use Dove. Almost everything from their line... deodorant, shampoo, cleanser.... So I needed a new soap at my boyfriend's house and I decided to try the bar (as a change of pace...) and I'm sure glad I did!!! Not only is it soft, and leaves my skin silky...but does he love the scent after.. YES!!! I use this bar all over and this is the ONLY bar soap I will even think about using on my face. With it being hot and humid here in Louisiana/Mississippi, now after my shower, I don't feel like I need a lotion. This soap does it all and the price won't break the bank. Perfect!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I didn't like the color or the scent of this. I think its the classic white for me.