September 22, 2014 | 1090 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Pink-rosa

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROs:
+ Light, floral scent - so feminine
+ Rich, creamy texture
+ Lathers well
+ Great as body bar

CONs:
- Did not help acne, possibly made it worse
- Drying to eye area
- Not recommended for face if you have sensitive skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I did not care for this version. We use the unscented version and wanted to try this thinking the scent would be a nice change but this was not as gentle as the unscented and it broke out my face. The scent was not so pleasant either.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by twistpain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Has a sweet floral sent . My skin is soft . I use it for my face and body . great for shaving too .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this soap because it is gentle and very lathery and creamy. I use it from head to toe (not my hair of course) and it has never broken me out or made me itch.

I also love the scent. The white and pink Dove bars are identical in fragrance (a clean, soapy rosy scent). This one says "rosa" because that means PINK in Spanish. The white bar says "blanco" on it. So there is no diffrence in scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dove has always been readily available to me in my house. Since I have eczema, and my mom is a PEDs nurse, we always had a plethora of their soaps/body washes, etc. As I started getting into skincare to take care of my face and alleviate the trauma I put it through with all of the makeup I wear, I didn't even think to use this stuff. About a week ago, after I'd ran out of my usual cleanser, and was just too lazy to go out and spend money to replace it, I decided to see what the hoopla about these so called 'beauty bars' was all about. Mostly everything I found was a rave, so I figured I had nothing to lose.

Just a summary about my skin, I'm very dry and slightly acne prone. I don't have a face covered in bumps, but I usually have a few critters on my face at any given time, whether it be a result of hormones, eating habits, lack of hydration, etc. When I first used this, I had a few blemishes and pimples, but nothing out of the ordinary. My skin felt amazing after using this. Extremely soft to the touch,. What I wasn't expecting however, was it clearing up my face as well as it did! My face is so clear and bump free, and no other product, no matter the promises, have done that for me. I'm almost ashamed that this has been under my nose all this time, and I didn't even think to use it for my face. I started out using the beauty bar in the green box, for sensitive skin. But I decided to try the pink, just because I'm a girl, and...it's prettier. The rose smell is dainty and feminine, but not at all overbearing. Used as a cleanser, it's so gentle and creamy.. I'm mildly obsessed. I may take my time replacing it...if ever. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

This is my favorite soap! I've been using it for two years and even was able to use it on Accutane! It has never dried out my skin. It leaves it clean, soft, moisturized, and smells amazing. I also like the original dove bar, but I prefer this one since the scent is a little stronger and lingers a bit. I can use this on my face to take off makeup and it doesn't clog my pores. I use it to shave my legs (it lathers very well with a loofah) and never get razor burn anymore. It is very cheap--you can get an 8-pack of bars for $8 at Target or Costco and each bar lasts me 2-3 months. My HG body soap!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

All my Walmart had in stock was this and the Nectarine & White Ginger, which I don't care for, so I grabbed the pink. This was the soap my family used when I was a very small girl, so it brings back pleasant memories of long, sudsy baths. It is indeed a more rose-smelling version of the classic Dove scent, but not too strong, powdery, or otherwise "grandmotherly." I don't usually go for rose, actually, but I feel entitled due to being a June birthday. Unfortunately, this seems to have something in it that breaks me out - not sure if it's the perfume or the dye or just a fluctuation in my skin, but I'll be ditching the remaining 3 bars if my skin doesn't calm down by the end of bar #1.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

as good as it gets....this is a lovely soap in the 'commercial' non-organic product line; great scent and quite moisturizing.
It does dissolve a lot, in humid weather or if the soap box is not kept shut tight and away from the shower area.
Hope Dove stops the animal testing, especially when their brand name is a bird, ironically! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recently got bored with using typical shower gels and liquid washes, and I decided that I wanted to use soap bars instead. I've used Dove in the past, so I went back to them. I love the smell, and a bar of soap lasts me longer than a bottle of body wash. I started with the unscented bar, and when that was finished, I decided to change and use the pink bar. I purchased a 2-pack from Target, and it was definitely cheaper than buying a bottle of body gel. I love the scent-it's clean and has a hint of a rose perfume. I also feel that it hydrates my skin and doesn't leave a film or any tightness. It's a great product, and I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this soap. It does have a strong scent but it is nice to smell good and clean after a shower, right?! It is moisturizing and doesn't make me break out anywhere..so far so good! I also love the fact that it is pink :)