April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Dazzleglass - Boys Go Crazy

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Gabbisxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have always been a huge purple lippie fan so i knew i needed this! Admittedly it's slightly darker then i thought it would be when worn... but it's still beautiful. When I swipe this on i feel like i'm applying a dreamy grape soda... and I LOVE it! It has enough glitter to be noticable but not obnoxious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Since I really LOVE Boys Go Crazy, I feel compelled to rate it a five, in spite of the fact that it can be fairly tricky to get!

Boys Go Crazy, released as a limited edition Nordstrom exclusive with the Digi Dazzle collection in summer 2010, is not your run-of-the-mill color; I believe MAC described it as "deep amethyst," and that's accurate. In fact, "amethyst" is the best I can do by way of a color description of this mesmerizingly beautiful gloss.

Boys Go Crazy is a deep sparkling blue-toned violet; almost like Go For It lipstick, in Dazzleglass form. Boys Go Crazy looks beautiful (if you can wear purple) over lipsticks like Go For It, Lavender Whip, and Violetta.

If you like purple-toned lip products, and can find Boys Go Crazy, I strongly recommend that you jump on it. It is unique among the Dazzleglasses; I guess Date Night is the most similar in color to Boys Go Crazy, and even it is not *that* close.If you were to mix approximately equal parts of date Night and Funtabulous, the result might be somewhat similar to Boys Go Crazy. BTW, my photo near the top of the page does not begin to do justice to the sparkling amethyst gorgeousness that is Boys Go Crazy. It's not at all as dull and plummy as it appears in the photo.

Boys Go Crazy boasts the standard Dazzleglass features:

Long narrow cylindrical tube, with built-in brush applicator

Pleasant vanilla scent

Emollient, slightly sticky feel on lips

Decent wear, for a lip gloss

Lots of tiny "sparkles"

Sheer color; best worn over lipstick, unless you want very little color

Price: $18 USD

Since the question is "WOULD you buy this product again?" I indicated "yes." Unless MAC brings it back, I won't be *able* to repurchase, but I'd LOVE to!

HINT: In September 2010, Boys Go Crazy was popping up seemingly randomly from time to time on the Nordstrom.com site, so if you really want this one, keep checking that site!
ADDENDUM: Okay, I can happily report that, by following my own advice and "stalking" the Nordstrom site, I was able to obtain a backup of Boys Go Crazy, and even though I'm not a boy, *I* have gone crazy!

This is a seriously gorgeous gloss. If you're a lover of purple, I STRONGLY suggest that you get one; there seems to be no dupe for it.
continued >>