September 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous - Rose Velvet

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by FlorCanelaStyles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A color that means business and sexy at the same time. Glorious!

The hue is a browned warm pink with a creamy texture. I find it very flattering on medium and tanned skin tones, giving lips a seductive flush. It even worked on my olive complexion which makes most pinks look slightly off the mark.

I can see how this can look too brown on fairer complexions, perhaps even on the muddy side. I do recommend darker skinned women to give it a try.

Price range $6-8.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wore this to my wedding! I usually just wear balm, but I wanted a MLBB for photographs and this fit the bill. Though I'm very fair with blue eyes, my lips are naturally a pretty dark pink. Lipsticks that are muted with light coloured creamy pigment look strange on top of a darker lip, so the slightly brownish shade looked most natural on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Theophilus

I initially bought this because I liked how it swatched on the back of my hand. However, when I actually used it on my lips, it's far too brown for my liking. I was pretty disappointed because the texture is lovely and it was such a promising shade. I decided to try it as a blush, and lo and behold: perfection!

On my light-medium skin with yellowish undertones, it is the perfect complexion pick me up. I swirl a bit on my ring finger, dot it along my cheeks and blend it out. Just one layer makes me look bright and awake no matter how tired I feel. It also has great lasting power and it doesn't feel greasy or drying which is fantastic for my dry skin.

If you're stuck with this product or would like to use it in another way, I'd really encourage you to try it as a blush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the more pigmented version of Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle. Its wear time is better than PT. It's a pink-brown color. I used to use it and PT interchangeably until I got MAC Cosmo in a swap and realized I like Cosmo much, much better. This is still a great color and lipstick, but I want a pinkier pink-brown than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by makeup4evrchristine

I saw a swatch for this on Youtube and it looked more pink on the person's lips than mine. The color in the tube looks different too! This is a great every day lipstick, but it can look a bit too dark on me and not make much of a difference. However, this is still hydrating and silky enough for me to continue using. I will try the Revlon Super Lustrous in Pink in the Afternoon next (:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I can not agree with lucyrox more...it just skews way too brown on my fair skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Rose velvet is too brown for my fair skin. I love Revlon super lustrous lipsticks. But if you are fair skinned, this color will be too brown for you (unless you like brown lipstick). I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks are the greatest makeup bargains to be had, IMO. This rose color is perfect for my fair skin. It looks quite similar to a Bobbi Brown rose at a fraction of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Kc3558

Classy beautiful color for my olive warm skin. Great neutral color for the office but not boring at all. Creamy texture w/no high shine. A bit expensive for drugstore brand but a must have for daily use. A great shade, something you dont have to think about and you know it will always look great. Makes me look very feminine in my business wear. Package is good, secure and goes all the way down.
Update- long lasting too! Try pink velvet flirty for the office

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Sibylene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I looove this lipstick! This has become my go to MLBB shade! For reference I am a NC30-35. As long as I wear a lip balm underneath, it doesn't dry out my lips. It doesn't make my teeth look yellow either. This is my HG lipstick. <3