November 24, 2014 | 990 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Opium

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Katylob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

definitely buy again I want the bigger bottle everyone knows iv got this perfume on when I put it on lasts all day love it love it love it

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging. While I am not a fan of strng heady perfumes for some reason I like this fragrance. It envelopes you in such a beautiful way. I find yo must have a light touch with this fragrance or it might be overbearing to those around you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent is not a sweet, rich contemporary oriental a la Serge Lutens. It opens with a heavy dose of aldehydes, sweet florals—ylang ylang and jasmine—and a touch of citrus. The sweet floral/aldehyde combination, also found in Chanel No. 5, is just enough to add a “perfume-y” touch. Next, myrrh, resins, and spices add warmth that balances the cold opening. I love how earthy patchouli is offset by soapy florals; Opium smells very “70s”, but I think that one or two sprays after a shower could produce an elegant and freshly scrubbed effect. Four or five sprays could be a little bingo hall. Also, men really need to try Opium.

Retro, unisex, perfume-y, elegant

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by maevespeed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my mums holy grail perfume, it's just like, her scent. I think this perfume is soooo gorgeous and it smells classy. Gorgeous warm scent. I like to use it when I go out :-) the packaging is really nice too! I do like a pretty perfume bottle. I want to purchase black opium, purely because the packaging is so pretty - I'm terrible!! But really, if you like long lasting perfume that will get lots of people saying you smell good you need to invest in this! It's just an absolute timeless classic.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love this fragrance, really strong deep and sensual sent that really lasts! find myself coming back to this time and time again. love

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by jeane519

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loved the original from the 80's, haven't smelled the newer versions. I will check them out. Even though most of the 80's perfumes were heavy, they remind me of such a good period of my life :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

Funny how something can smell soooo wonderful on someone else and not on you...that would be Opium for me.I have stopped 3 women who are wearing this because it smells so good..finally sprayed some last time at Saks...within one hour a migraine. Too bad too because it is lovely...I'll stick with Dior Addict.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ncashen

I have never tried the legendary vintage version of YSL's Opium, but my love for the current version makes me curious. This designer classic is a sophisticated oriental that lingers around the wearer. One of my top fragrances if all time.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Too strong for me.I love sweet and light scents and this is definitely not one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by prettygeeky

Dark. Sensual. Serious. So glad that I found this, it suits me perfectly. HG!