InnisFree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

4.4

[Original] Water, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Silica, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Trehalose, Volcanic Ash, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Bentonite, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Polysorbate 60, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Kaolin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PVP, Dextrin, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491)*************************************************************************************[Super] Water, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Volcanic Ash, Glycerin, Silica, Trehalose, Kaolin, Bentonite, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Pvp, Peg-100 Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Zea Mays (Corns) Starch, Sorbitan Stearate, Polyacrylate-13, Mannitol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Lactic Acid, Polyisobutene, Menthoxypropanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Polysorbate 20, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A little birdie told me that innisfree's skin care products are great so I was very curious to try one, especially since my skin needs a lot of care (I am oily-combination with acnes and acne scars/ redness) so I lay my hand on this little guy. It just arrived last night and tried it immediately after I cleaned my face.

The product: it comes in a small jar. They don't give you a spatula so use plastic spoon/ any stuff you can use, but make sure it's clean. The texture is just like a clay, it's not gooey and I need a little extra effort to spread it but this is my first time to use clay mask so I think I'm a little inexperienced. I don't smell any scent and it has some scrubs.

How I use: Using a plastic spoon to take the products out, then I spread it out on my nose, cheeks and a little on my forehead (basically where my skin problems are). I also put it thicker on my pimples. I really like the cooling effects, it's very soothing! I got excited and put it a little too much and too long on my face (I put it on for almost 30mins lol) then rinsed with lukewarm water. I don't see many difference after I cleaned the mask off, but my pores are clean so I was pretty happy. It doesn't remove the blackheads though. It's not drying - at least for me - since I have oily skin.

Then the next morning, I woke up and my face wasn't oily at all! It only gets a little oily on my nose but its always oily 24/7. My big pimples also shrink waaay faster. It only took one night to shrink and the next morning I was only left with red scars from the pimples. I told my mom to touch my face (lol) and she said my skin is softer

Conclusion: if you're oily and looking for something to reduce sebum, I think this is what you're looking for. It's good for weekly skincare, especially to people like me who wear makeup all the time. This also help to fasten acne healing, though I am not sure if this will prevent the acnes from coming but I will update soon after I use this regularly.
The downside is it doesn't remove blackheads, and it doesn't provide spatulas or such, but I don't really mind.

on 6/30/2015 5:59:00 AM

This leaves my skin feeling soft and squeaky clean. A little goes a long way so a jar of this lasted me over a year.

on 6/22/2015 3:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I own this entire line from Innisfree. After using this product, my dark/large pores shrank to almost nonexistent. When you're ready to rinse it off, you just have to lightly rub the mask and it starts to come off. The clay drys out your skin a bit, so be sure to extra moisturize afterwards.

on 5/27/2015 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Really grat product for oily skin. I have very sensitive ,acne prone oily skin. This helps me to reduce breakouts alot.
It does clean pore and feel smooth skin after use. But I am not sure about white head and black head. My skin surely feel calm after using this product.
I use about 3 times a week. 1 jar last me for about 5 months.

Pros
Dramatically reduce acne forming.
Cooling sensation
Best for oily, acne prone skin

Cons
Its alittle bit hard to wash off. (Well, its a clay mask)

Price is resonable and i will repurchase it again and again

on 5/26/2015 3:11:00 PM

Average. Or even useless. Does not feel detoxifying or ultra-cleansing. On the other hand, does leave ur skin feeling stripped unbalanced and raped.

on 5/25/2015 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Bought this off Amazon for $15.90. I've been making my own clay masks with bentonite clay powder and yogurt or apple cider vinegar but I was feeling lazy and tired of the clumpy texture. Plus, I always put them in the fridge and forget about them!

I haven't used the Volcanic Pore Clay Mask enough times to notice a change in my skin, but my skin does feel nice right after washing it off. Soft and smooth. I really like that this mask doesn't dry on the skin (it stays wet), which makes it so much easier to wash off. You can wash it right off with water instead of using a washcloth.

Another plus is that it's a lot cheaper than other clay masks out there. I would love to buy GlamGlow or Origins, but this is a good affordable alternative.

I think this product will be beneficial with regular use, and I'll update in a couple of months.

on 5/24/2015 9:50:00 AM

Doesnt really clear my blackheads or shrink my pores but it definitely help to clear up some of the dirt in my pores. easier to clear my blackheads after applying this mask!

on 5/2/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Even though I have dry skin I enjoy this as an occasional deep cleansing mask treatment, but I get frequent use out of it as a spot treatment. For this I just dot it on a blemish and leave it on over night, it zaps the zit in one use, two if the blemish is extra stubborn. I can't use this very often as a mask because it dehydrates my skin if I go overboard but I'd highly recommend for normal or oily skin types who could easily use it weekly or more. It's great for deep cleaning pores for a smoother and clearer complexion. The smell is not strong and the texture is easy to spread and dries quick. Rinses easily with warm water and a wash cloth.

on 4/17/2015 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

really really love this clay mask! only complaint is the price is a little bit expensive for a small jar.

on 4/6/2015 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all, i've loved innisfree products a lot! My face is very sensitive and it feels like my skin is instantly in love with its natural ingredients.

Clay mask is my first innisfree product i tried from jeju volcanic line. It's the best mask i've ever tried for sebum control and tightening pores purposes! So, for those ladies out there who wish for less oily and smoother complexion, this holy grail might be your answer :D

I utterly loveee this baby! Because of this positive experience of my first encounter with innisfree brand, i ended up buying more products from this line namely toner and facial cleansing foam as well as some products from other innisfree product lines. I'm planning to buy the lotion, too :p

Let's start with a bunch of the positive sides!

+ it claims to tighten pores and removes sebum. It totally does what it promises! My skin feels smoother and my large pores look less visible.
+ it makes your face bright and clean. It really does make a noticeable difference upon before - after usage.
+ it magically helps soothing and calming your breakouts in only one single application. It helps drying out your pimples and reduce acne redness. It doesn't make your pimples disappear completely all of a sudden, but like i said, it totally helps. I usually use it once a week when my face is trouble-free and use it more often like three to four times a week when i'm experiencing breakout.
+ the price worths the value
+ it gives you cool and relaxing sensation upon application
+ it feels like it lasts forever. For me, it'll be used up for more than 6 months, depending on your usage frequency. I even haven't finished my first package yet.

Finally, the downsides are...

I can't think any of them :p

Repurchase? Sure.. Undoubtedly! :)

Popular Masks

Mint Julep Masque
Mint Julep Masque

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask & Green Persimmon Pore Toner by Beauty Bemused

Innisfree Volcanic Mask Review and Demonstration by Josephine Chiu