December 21, 2014 | 1255 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Smoothing Creme

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first bought this so long ago; I donít even know what my motivation was for choosing this. If I had to guess, it would probably be due to its claims of de-puffing hair, which as a teenager is all my thick, long, coarse, naturally curly hair did: poof! This creamís effects on curly hair are good, but it wonít re-define dry fuzzy curls and it doesnít add much shine. But it really works best when Iím reviving a blowout or trying to keep the blowout in place on a humid day. In those situations, this cream is a lifesaver. Again, itís a little lacking in shine, so when Iím reviving a blowout after sleeping on it, I run my flatiron over the kinks, spread one pump of Davines Oi/Oil through my hair for shine, then use a pea-size of this to smooth down any flyaways for puffiness that the flatiron didnít get. For midday, Iíll do the same thing, minus the flatiron. It really does its job. Although I donít use it every day, and since a little goes a long way, I donít repurchase this very often, but when I run out, Iíll be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by wuhoo

I use it whenever my hair feels dry and I love it! Makes my hair soft and supple, leaving it smelling great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by linet182

This has to be one of my absolute favorite hair products. I use it when I straighten my hair, it's creamy and I usually only need a small amount of product. My hair is wavy and can sometimes get really frizzy depending on the weather. This product works like magic, literally gets rid of all the fly aways and dry ends of my hair. Plus it smells amazing. I heard people raving about this product for years, but never got around to trying it until recently. Now I can't imagine not having this product handy all the time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing. I found it on Yahoo as one of the best drugstore finds and it truly is. There are some reviews on here that appear to be the same product and they are negative. This is awesome. It smooths hair, gets rid of dry ends and is just wonderful. I looked at my hair after walking in the Seattle rain last night. It still looked smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a nice finishing cream. It works well to smooth out fly-aways and such. It doesn't feel to heavy and doesn't weigh my hair down, but it's just heavy enough to get rid of frizz. I don't remember the price, but the bottle isn't very big. I like this stuff, but I think that there are many other "frizz" or "finishing" creams out there that would work just as good for a better value. This is nice stuff though. If it was on sale I would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

This is a good product in my opinion. I used this for a while and liked it a lot. My hair is color treated and very very dry, though not damaged. I used this in place of gel or other styling products. At the time I had much shorter hair. When my hair is short it tends to get very curly and full. I used this mainly to tame the beast! It was never crunchy and yet it did provide some hold. I turned others on to using it and years later they still do. I now have long hair again and need so much more product it would be cost prohibitive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Beaumonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If I had to choose only ONE finishing product to take on an extended stay to a desert island, this would be the one to choose. No brainer.

Whatever else gets audited (and edited), the Secret Weapon is always in stock. Nothing else I've tried smoothes it all down minus the greasiness. (Some treatments I've tried have even acheived the near-impossible of feeling dry yet looking very 'Crisco'). This works to instantly de-pouf my hair into a soft, manageable mass.

Other Advantages:

1. It's a truly unisex product.
2. At under $7.00, it's extremely cheap.
4. You can buy it at all the usual retail outlets, including Chemists.
5. The tube is packable. And unbreakable.

There are no discernable Con's to this product. It's the best item in the entire John Frieda lineup. I'd be lost without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's not the worst hair product i've ever tried (hello, tresemme dry shampoo and fx glossing drops, you both suck) but i just don't think it did anything for my hair at all. i have very fine, thin hair & i wanted something to make it really shiny after i flat iron it. it's shoulder length & i just had it colored a very glossy black/purple. styling it causes the gloss to dull, so i wanted something to bring the life back into it. and john frieda made all kinds of claims on the tube that says it would miraculously raise the dead dull gloss. well, i think mr. frieda misspoke. this cream didn't make my hair shiny at all. it does smooth down the frizzies, but on my thin hair, water will do that. shine, mr. frieda! i want SHINE! where's the shine?! i went back to the store & bought got2be's shiny stuff instead and that works just fine for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Worth the 6.50+ a try for anyone with superlight fine hair that frizzes in the least humidity. Lightly scented but works pretty well without having to blow dry--can go onto damp hair before styling or just on dry hair after styling. It isn't perfect but it's pretty darn good at keeping the fluffy flyaways down and it does it without being goopy or heavy or stiffening your hair into a helmet.