Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid

3.5

aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide. May contain: CI 77891, titanium dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77491, iron oxides.

on 7/27/2015 10:40:00 AM

I have been using this product for 2 years now. I alternate with high-end foundations (Bobby Brown, Make Up Forever or Clinique) but somehow I always find my way back to this one. It has medium coverage, you can barely see it on your face and is also gives a fresh look. It's cheap, the package makes it easy to use, but you cannot use the liquid at the bottom when you run out of it.
Overall, the foundation really suits my skin. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because of the packaging.

on 7/23/2015 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

A great everyday, affordable foundation. It leaves my skin looking extremely natural and airbrushed. However i feel as if you do have to layer it up enough to give it coverage and effect, but at the end my skin does look great (no blemishes, spots etc)

deffo worth a try we all have different skin types, works well for me...

Bought this on a whim and did not regret it. I purchased this for Sgd29.90, not too cheap for a drugstore brand like Maybelline.

I purchased this in 00 not sure what it's name is as I can only see the color code on the bottle. This product comes in a heavy glass pump bottle which I like but like I said it's heavy and not really portable.

Contrary to what other reviewers said, I did not find it greasy nor did it turn my face into an oil field. I applied this using my sigma stippling brush and it covers about 90 percent of the imperfections on my face.

The texture of this product is creamy and moussey am not sure how exactly to describe it. But upon application it doesn't really feel heavy and I obtained a good coverage from it.

I always top off my liquid foundation with my urban decay naked compact foundation or ysl le teint compact foundation to obtain more coverage and this works well with such application.

throughout the day, I needed to blot by 12 noon and 4pm in the aftermoon. This is normal for me because of my oily skin.

By the end of the day, the foundation is still there though not as fresh but it still looks okay.

would I buy it again? probably not as I'm still looking for the perfect one with a prettier package.0

on 6/7/2015 10:54:00 AM

So far this is the best foundation I have found for my skin. I am 57 but have good skin which is normal to dry. The Cameo shade is a perfect match for my skin tone giving medium coverage and any marks, dark spots left still showing I dab on concealer. At my age full coverage is just too much and this gives good coverage without settling in my lines and wrinkles. So why do I love this foundation over others I have tried? It makes me look younger of course and it blends in so easily with my fingertips leaving a natural dewy but not shiny finish. I don't wear foundation all the time but when I were this I always get compliments on how well I am looking NOT on my makeup!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought a bottle of this recently in the shade B2,i thought that it was too light for my skin,but after i use it with my beauty blender,it has the most beautiful airbrush looking foundation.i love this foundation for everyday and formal look

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I got this in light porcelain however it's really not pale enough for my skin secondly it feels quite greasy on my skin and without primer and powder this foundation just seems to slip off within a matter of hours. I liked the dewy finish it gave however my face was like a shiny disco ball after a couple of hours if I applied this on its own. I wouldn't recommend for those with oily skin I think this foundation would work better for people with dry skin. Its not the worst foundation I've tried however I wouldn't repurchase

on 2/13/2015 6:32:00 AM

This is my first review on MUA, I felt that I need to add it, as a lot of reviews on this product are negative. I've been searching for a good and affordable liquid foundation for a long time. I've probably tried every drugstore foundation there is by now :). My skin has been very dry lately, even though I usually have combination skin. Every foundation seemed to settle into pores and lines, and I ended up looking worse with foundation, than without. Figured I need to start testing the more high end foundations, but then I saw this in the supermarket, and thought why not, lets give it a try. I'm so glad I did. I really don't know how people call this oily?! Oily to me is the True match liquid foundation, which I couldn't wait to wash off.

At first this felt a little bit too thick, and yep, settled into lines and pores. Then I tried to apply it with a makeup brush. What a difference! I only need ONE pump to get my whole face covered in a natural way. Feels good on the face, not oily but not drying either.

The trick with this one is to use VERY little product, and a foundation brush. Don't try the youtube tutorial style, where they slather on half a bottle, it just won't work. I can even use this under my eyes without getting ten years added to my age, as usually happens with other foundations. So it doesn't highlight wrinkles, when used in small amounts.
Reading the reviews, I think this foundation is best on dry skin types. The pump bottle is great, it's hygienic and easy to get out just the amount you need, and the bottle looks nice too.
All in all, will definitely buy this again, this is the best affordable liquid foundation I've found.

on 2/6/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Over the years I've tried many liquid foundations and I think this one's been the best so far. My skin color is far from even so I was looking for a foundation that would even it out. After the first tries to use the foundation I didn't quite like it but then I found out a way to deal with its only drawback so I am happy now :) Here's my review.

Pros:
- the shade (04 Light Porcelain) fits my fair complexion quite well (where I live it's really hard to find a matching foundation for very fair skin types so I was very pleased);
- it gives a good coverage for my super dark under eyes so I can use less of my concealer for those areas;
- I guess I could say it lasts for quite a long time if you don't wipe it off (and it doesn't oxidize from what I've seen)
- there's enough of the product in the bottle to last for several months (I've been using it for around 4 months every day and I've only used up half of it);
- the bottle is pretty and has a pump so it's easy to use;
- it doesn't have a smell or it's barely noticeable.

Cons:
- it feels really oily on the skin and gives a shiny look after 3 hours of wearing (but a powder foundation fixes it)

All in all, it's not that bad if you know how to deal with the shiny look and since it's the only foundation that matches my skin color I will probably buy it again. Unless I find a better one :)

This is without a doubt the worst foundation I have ever used. It is way to pink toned so I ended up looking like I'd applied blusher all over my face. It oxidises like crazy and cakes up. It's just awful. Would not recommend this foundation to my worst enemy.

on 12/8/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This has been my everyday foundation for over 2 years until I switched to Chanel. I absolutely loved this one, although a little too thick and bit oily. The best thing is the sun beige shade matches by skin tone perfectly which for me is very difficult to find. However you must wear compact powder for it to set properly or it will come off very easily when you touch your face.

I have only stopped using this because I didn't want to use compact powder any more, but if your skin is too oily this might bot be the best foundation.