November 28, 2014 | 1310 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Satin Liquid

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by melisakristella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One word for this foundation and that is GREASY. I do not have oily skin and have never had this problem with foundation. But I purchased this one as I wanted to try something new and I actually had to stick with it for one month. Thank god I kept touching up with powder and mixing it with others but my god it just makes you feel so dirty! I made it look good with the make up I combined it with but I could not wait to get home and wipe it off as everytime I touched my face it felt HORRIBLE. Now using No7 and very happy. Nothing against maybelline, just not a nice product. Very orange too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Sarahdawson2006

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

this foundation claims to give a pore less and airbrushed finish. I believe this is true as it blends nicely into the skin without being cakey or clinging to pores like other reviewers suggest. it finish is very natural yet it has good coverage

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by milliemesmerize

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, the Maybelline 'Dream satin liquid' foundation designed to give a "100% poreless look" and "airbrush perfection". Naturally, before using any make-up product i scour the internet for previous reviews and recommendations. Unfortunately, 90% of the reviews on makeup alley claimed that this foundation was "oily" and looked "caked on" whilst "clinging to pores and dry skin" Needless to say I was pretty torn as to whether I wanted to even try this product on but felt I had to give it a go as I wanted to judge it based on my own personal experience and not that of others.

After having used it twice (the caramel shade number 60) I have to say I had some mixed emotions regarding this foundation. My first issue was that the shade was still too dark for my skin tone and so when applied I had to use a lighter shade powder to balance it out. Another limitation to this foundation is that its not ideal for combination/oily skin which unfortunately is what I have. Nor is it for dry skin as the 'cakey' texture is sticky and clings to all dry patches on your skin not hiding any blemishes or imperfection. Rather than giving the illusion of "poreless" skin, this foundation clogs up your pores slightly and ends up magnifying it. with a rounded foundation brush, sweep it lightly across your skin in mini circles both clockwise and anti clockwise a few times, this will definitely reduce the size of your pores instantly!

Right, enough with being a negative Nancy!

This foundation does have its merits and that's the smooth satiny feeling mmmm! So i used a primer I made myself it works wonders for my skin whilst keeping it oil free (it's made from aloe vera gel, milk of magnesia, witch hazel, a small amount of face moisturizer and some foundation that's your skin tone), before dotting a small amount of the foundation around my face and applying it with my fingers for a more natural and dewy look. That done, i used a little more and applied over any blemishes that I could see with a foundation brush blending it all in as i went along and finally blotted the excess when I was done. When using this foundation, i skipped my normal pressed powder as it was a very dark foundation and so instead i used my Vichy Dermablend translucent setting powder. This baby here is an absolute godsend! Not only did it allow my make up to stay pretty much the same throughout the whole day not once did I need to touch up, i only occasionally blotted my T-zone.

So, although I wouldnt buy this particular foundation for everyday use, it wasn't a terrible experience overall. It's mostly about finding the right balance and knowing your skin and how to deal with it. I'd rate this a 3.5/5.0

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by asunder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I used this product for a long time, it was one of the first foundations I ever bought for myself when I started wearing makeup. Now I know more about makeup and what works for my skin I'm surprised I used it for so long!
This foundation is definately one that I would never buy again. The texture is greasy, it feels so sticky and thick on the face, it just clogs up your skin.
I tend to get a few blemishes on my face, but nothing to bad and this didn't cover anything. I'd even say the coverage is like that of a tinted moisturiser i.e no coverage, just puts a colour on your face! Definately only sheer to medium coverage.
I get a little shine on my T-zone and dryness on my cheeks and this foundation somehow managed to make my T-zone look so oily and clung to every dry patch on my face!
I used to wear this foundation on a day-to-day basis, for work/school so I know that it doesn't last at all. I could put it on before I went to work and when I arrived it would already look oily and be fading. I've even tried this with primers to see if it lasts longer, and it doesn't. It also oxidises on the face, it turns orangey and looks patchy and almost muddy and dirty on the skin.
This foundation is also terrible if you want to build layers. It goes on so thick, it looks cakey, like you have inches of foundation on, and it sinks in to every single pore and highlights every blemish! If you want to powder over this product or use blush or bronzer, you'd have to wait a while before using it as it stays sticky and tacky on the skin for a while. It also rubs off so easily, it transfers on clothes and, if I wanted to blot, which I had to because it makes the skin look so oily, the foundation would come off just from blotting.
This foundation comes in a bottle with a pump, which makes it easy to use, but the pump doesnt reach the bottom of the bottle and you get a lot of wasted product when you start to run out.

Overall, I definately wouldn't buy this product again, it's to sticky, to thick, looks orangey, doesn't last and has no coverage. I would only recommend this product if you have completely perfect skin and want your makeup to look shiny and orange!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by sawitham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my current foundation as my skin started to react badly to loreal infallible. You need to build it if you need decent coverage, it does have a tendency to sit in any small lines you may have so use it sparingly round your eyes. The price is good for an everyday foundation, as I use makeup so much, I can't afford to use an expensive one everyday! I don't agree that it gives you a '100% pore less look' it doesn't mask the look of my pores at all. It is ok for an everyday foundation that won't make you break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by biancab16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Siding with a lot of ladies on here - this foundation is not great. I am very pale and although the match was great for my skin tone, this definitely oxidized by midday and left me with an orange tinge. Very disappointed as the formula is rather lovely. Will definitely not repurchase or continue using.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryHead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used it for years, especially when I was younger. Now I'm using Clinique's pricey foundation which is very good, but this Maybelline is still good for its price.

It fits my dry skin,it's soft, well blending, covers well and leaves a natural look!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by jdarvs

I am very pale and have always struggled to find a foundation that doesn't make me look pink or orange.
My current foundation which is by GOSH is absolutely perfect but it's out of stock at the moment so I had to buy a different foundation including this Dream Satin Liquid in Light Porcelain 004. I was very disappointed as soon as I applied it to my face as it was ridiculously pink. It did have good coverage but I would not recommend this to any pale person unless they want their face to look slightly sun burnt.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by becka1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I Love this foundation!, this is one of the only foundations that actually caters for lighter skin tones , I normally find even ivory can make me look orange especially in the winter months , but Maybelline make the colour Light porcelain , the Price for this foundations is usually around £8 but sometimes Sainsburys/Asda have it half price or Boots and Superdrug have it on a buy 2 get the 3rd free on products so normally i stock up , even without the offers i would recommend, its great if you have dry skin and it would probably work just as good on combo skin also as said before i find the range of colours to be very nice and no horrible orange undertone which most foundations have ,it stays put all day without being to thick on the skin so definitely light enough for everyday use ( with setting powder ) , 10/10 and this is coming from someone who has take years to find my perfect foundation .... P.s the only downfall is that when you start getting to the end of the tube the pump dose not reach the bottom so its best to take that off so you can use every last drop of foundation :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

Ran out of my usual foundation so ran to the nearest pharmacy to see what they had, tried this and thought that for the price it could be a good buy. At first I really liked it, it is very smooth and the coverage it offers is great. However, this coverage is short-lived. The make up tends to fade away very quickly after application (doesn't look great even after just three hours on the face). I have really pale skin so I got the Ivory shade, it was a small bit orangy which I HATE in foundations as my skin has more of a pink pigment. I used the entire bottle because it wasn't the worst foundation - I even wore it on a night out and it looked fine. Having said that I wouldn't buy it again, it just doesn't last long enough, needs constant touching up and tweeking, doesn't make you feel the most comfortable. But for the price you really cant complain!