July 25, 2014 | 1774 users online

Lips - Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Lip Tar - Divine

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Jillhomez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Are u a vegan? If so, this is the must have lipstain for you - OCC Lip Tar. This lip product is very pigmented, easy to apply and dries as matte finish. What amazed me with this product is that a very little amount is enough to cover the entire lip. Remember not to apply more than enough or u wont be able to even it out perfectly. This accentuates mark lines hence a little lip balm before application does the charm. This is definitely long-wearing. DIVINE as described by OCC is a true flamingo pink or bright neon coral-pink. Aside from its high pigmentation, i didnt find anything special about this product. I find it not flattering when dries. I find the scent rubbery, not comfortable at all. The packaging looks regular except for the cute brush that comes along with it. This product is however worth the try, for the benefit of the doubt ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a dupe for Lancome's Chris & Tell and OCC Divine was recommended to me. Divine is a neon pinky coral that can look off putting or garish on its own, however it can definitely be toned down if mixed with a more muted lip gloss (I used Revlon Coral Reef). Although I love the color, unfortunately I couldn't get it to apply evenly. I used two different lip brushes and a doe foot applicator and it still looked uneven every time. To make matters worse, after a little bit it settled deeply into my lip lines making them look like trenches as opposed to lines (and I'm 23!). I'm hesitant to return it because I really like the color and haven't found a dupe for it, but I can't get over how uneven it applies on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to get my hands on this and was sorely disappointed by the product. To be fair, I did not use the clear, as I'm not shelling out another $20 for one lip look. I tried this several ways; patted on with my finger tips, applied with the brush, only with the tiniest amount and it just never sat right on my lips. It was...liquidy and it pilled badly and the color was just not what I thought it would be. I will be returning this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Laski

I find the texture of this to be very different compared to Stalker, for example. Itīs a bit runny and doesnīt get such a good grip on my lips. It feels more like a gloss than a longlasting stain, absolutely different from stalker. Strange. Also, in the tube it looks peachy-pink-apricot, but on my lips it just comes out as a bubblegum pink. Doesnīt look bad, but itīs not what I expected.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased 6 lip tars at IMATS London Friday PRO only day. Glorious to browse just with fellow pros of 20 years. These really have become my HG. They are simply amazing,. The originals were pro primary colours to mix. Now David the creator, who is a fantastic ambassador to the industry, a truly decent creative artist who I respect and admire. has created usable colours. I use them personally also. I love to mix, I love grandma, hush is a great neutral colour, divine. I have most of them in my kit. With proper prep, these last better than most, only a pin prick amount is needed. They are suitable for vegans, no animal testing. They last forever, smell of peppermint. You can bet they sold out when the public were allowed in Sat and Sun. So sought after, they have become a cult product. Many brands have tried to replicate, but failed, They smooth on like a gloss, dry as a lipstick. Well done David keep great products coming. Not easy to get in the UK. love-makeup.co.uk, will send them to you, great service also. Just order a bunch and have fun mixing

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by MoLo86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These lip tars are truly amazing, the color payoff is not to be believed, they last a long time on your lips and take forever to run out. They're more expensive than your drug store lipstick but they are definitely worth it. You have to try one, at least once in your life. I have only 1 complaint: the pigment separated out of solution in all 12 colors I bought. Maybe I got a bad batch, maybe it's the way I stored them (standing up on end), but it is really frustrating that half the container is pigment and half is clear solution, because there isn't enough give in the packaging to mix it back up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by honu66

I just got the newest fall 2010 colors in Strumpet and Trollop and I have to say that I love these colors! They compliment my darker asian skintone really nicely, esp. Strumpet. It goes on a deep magenta and then Trollop goes on a deep salmon pink. I prefer the Strumpet, but I like berry colors. It goes on very intense, so a little bit goes a long way.
The applicator is a plastic slanted tip, and it comes out of the hole. You definitely need a mirror to apply these vivid colors or you will look like a clown! The color stays on much longer than your typical lipstick and I apply a gloss over it to finish it off. I love these colors. I think they are so much wearable than the original colors which seemed to require blending w/other colors to find a suitable wearable color. These, you just apply and go! I can't wait for more colors like these to come out!
Very happy! :-) Oh, it was $12.50/ 8ml tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by samp21789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color pay off is outstanding. Put on very little. The first time i tried this I thought i was putting on a little but it was still too much and it looked ridiculous. It is much easier to start off with very little and build up color. Awesome