Guerlain 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.16 % - OCTINOXATE (ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE) 3.00 %. OTHER INGREDIENTS: AQUA (WATER) - METHYLTRIMETHICONE - DIMETHICONE - ALCOHOL - PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE - PENTYLENE GLYCOL - MICA - PHENYLTRIMETHICONE - SILICA - ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER - ACRYLATES COPOLYMER - ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE - BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE - STEARIC ACID - SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE - PHENOXYETHANOL - ALUMINA - SODIUM MYRISTOYL GLUTAMATE - HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE - LECITHIN - TETRASODIUM EDTA - PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) - HEXYL CINNAMAL - SERICIN - HYDROXYCITRONELLAL - BHT - CITRONELLOL - ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE - HYDROLYZED LINSEED EXTRACT - SORBIC ACID - [ /- CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) - CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES)] 051280

on 8/22/2015 7:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am 59 years old with combination mature skin. I've been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light as my go to foundation and also the regular ELDW if I need additional coverage and wear for a super long day.

I've tried so many foundations that I've lost count - from drugstrore to Dior, MUFE, Urban Decay, Stila, Giorgio Armani, Cle de Peau - just to name a few. I found myself always going back to ELDW light. But as my skin continues to age and change, I start looking for something better than EL, thus leading me to the Guerlain Lingerie foundation due to the many great reviews.

My skin is fair and my matches in other foundations are MUFE-115, Dior Forever-Ivory, ELDW-Ecru. So I originally purchased the Guerlain in the 01 Beige Pale. My undertones tend to run neurtal to slighty pink. The Beige Pale is too light for me but might work in the winter so I'll keep it. I then received thie is 12 Rose Clair and it is a very good match.

So what I find with this foundation is - going on seems fairly runny but dries pretty quickly to a dry finish. This is very strange for as it dries and has almost a matte feel, it isn't a flat matte look - definitely some glow. Now with the dry, powdery feel, I figured this would accentuate my dry patches in my chin area. But just the opposite - no flakiness standing up or noticeable. I set with Cle de Peau translucent powder and get great medium coverage with a flawless finish - also no cake face and no settling into lines.

This foundation lasts pretty good for me but doesn't keep the shine at bay on my nose - I still have to powder a couple of times a day as I usually do with all foundations. I need to find a specific primer for my nose as the rest of my face doesn't really get shiny - just the nose.

I really, really love this foundation and will use it now as my daily go-to foundation instead of ELDW light. Try it - for me it does live up to all the hype.

on 7/28/2015 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I am using a sample from Sephora. I am 57 w/no particular skin issues. Mac NC20, the sample was 02 Beige Clair which is just a tiny bit too dark. 02 would be a better match for NC30. This has a lovely finish but within 90 minutes had settled into every fine line so will not purchase. ETA I have re-applied twice with thinner coverage. The finish is still lovely/satiny-to-glowy but this still finds lines I didn't know I had. Wears pretty well over the course of the day though. You will need additional coverage for undereye circles.

on 7/3/2015 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I simply love this foundation. I was introduced it during makeovers about two years ago. I was so impress with it that I bought everything that the makeup artist recommended. I looked absolutely beautiful upon completion of the makeover. However, I am out of the liquid makeup "Lingerie de Peau" No. 26 (Dore Ponce), but I have been unable to find it anywhere.

on 6/27/2015 2:06:00 PM

A week ago I was at Sephora looking for a new foundation. I was running low on a Laura Mercier foundation I've liked, but it wasn't so amazing that I automatically was going to buy it again. I wanted to see what might be recommended. The person assisting me was older, like me, and she applied Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau on my face.

I've been using it for a week now. It provides coverage, which is necessary because I have a lot of redness due to broken capillaries. But once it's on my face, you don't see a thick layer of foundation. It looks like I have beautiful, flawless skin. The foundation truly is invisible.

She was a very good sales person, because I ended up purchasing 4 products total and spending much more money than I had planned. In addition to the Lingerie de Peau foundation, she used and I purchased Meteorites Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer, Lingerie De Peau Powder Foundation (a dusting to set), and Precious Light Rejuvenating Illuminator. While I've been using all the products, I really think it's the liquid foundation that's the critical one. In my defense she also applied eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, blush and a beautiful lip color, which also looked lovely, but I didn't purchase those products. My skin looked so perfect and at that point I wasn't sure what combination of the products was achieving the look so I purchased all 4.

As others have mentioned, there is a fragrance to the makeup, but I find it to smell lovely and expensive. The fragrance doesn't linger beyond the application.

The foundation does seem to stay on most of the day. The primer and powder may help with that?

My skin is on the dry side, and while I have some wrinkles, the foundation does not settle into them/accentuate them in any way. Honestly, it just makes my skin look perfect in a natural way.

It is expensive, but after using the product a week now, it's worth it because of the amazing results.

on 6/18/2015 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely foundation that is lightweight but gives me a nice semi-matte medium coverage. It blends in my skin rather beautifully that the finish is almost flawless and unreal. I've lost the insert but if I recall it recommended using your fingers to apply. I've tried that, also with a beauty blender and foundation brush and all gave me that beautiful finish even before dusting with powder. I apply after my regular skincare routine with no primer.

I'm a Nars SG Stromboli/TM in St Moritz/UD Naked 5 and got mine in 03 Beige Naturel which seemed the most suited match for me as 04 was a tad too warm for my liking. Unfortunately the shades available here in Malaysia are rather limited, only up to 05 was available. I love the glass packaging, so classy. By the way if you're fussed about fragrance I have to say there is a slight fragrance - that rosy smell that I always associate with French cosmetics. That never bothers me though. The only reason I may not repurchase this in the near future is simply the lack of shade availability, and my preference for more sheer to light coverage foundations these days (I have since fallen in love with Armani Maestro).

on 6/4/2015 5:16:00 AM

For some reason I feel that Guerlain products aren't talked about as much as they deserve! This is such a gorgeous foundation, and the only one in a long time that I would consider buying again as soon as I have run out, despite the high-end price tag.

This gives a dewy finish with a buildable and effective coverage, is perfect for Spring/Summer and really does live up to it's name in being Invisible/barely detectable. It's sort of a hybrid of Charlotte Tilbury light Wonder and Chanel Aqua Vita Lumiere with a little more coverage. I find buffing this in with a Real Techniques sponge gives a lovely and effortless finish. xx

on 5/28/2015 1:39:00 PM

Obsessed with this foundation. I was tested at Sephoa with Pantone Color IQ tester and was matched to MUFE HD #145. I have dark pink undertones. Very cool technology! Never new that for 30 years and am amazed that it gives you a major list of different brands that work for you and which shade is perfect. No more guess work and returns this way.MUFE was my foundation for a few years and always looked great for about 3.5 hours or so. Then it morphed into a greasy, cakey, odd colored mess. it also made me look pale and tired later. Had to redo the whole thing everyday if I wanted to look fresh again. Ugg!! So after reading reviews I picked a match on my IQ list which was Guerlain Skin Fusion shade #04 Beige Moyen. All I can say is where have you been all my life! It's like your skin but amazing skin that looks healthy and doest't change throughout the day. It actually looks better as the day progresses and never changes or gets cakey. I hate to wash it off at end of the day. Photographes brilliantly as well. Love this! I use a Beauty Blender for the sheerest application. HG.

on 3/28/2015 2:08:00 AM

I bought mine today at Sephora after I return Giorgio Armani luminous silk. I had try both foundation luminous silk is more luminous than Guerlain on my face. I get more oily with luminous silk than this. I wear shade 03 in this foundation. I love this finished more than other foundation. This foundation never streak, light to medium coverage. It doesn't last long, but it not a long wear foundation. It look so beautiful but it doesn't have a lot of color selection. The shade 03 is close match for my NC30 undertone. I will update more in a month to see will this be my HG liquid foundation. Update 04-04-15 ; Great and very beautiful foundation for people with dry skin. I have combination skin so this make me oily and not last in my T- Zone even with primer. I still think this is one of the best foundation on the market. Dry skin people try it worth every pennies.

on 3/6/2015 12:03:00 AM

I loveee this foundation, it is the holy grail of foundation for me! It makes your whole face look flawless like a smooth canvas. Not overly drying or heavy. I got beige clair and thought it may look too dark judging from the bronzing tones of guerlain products in general, but this color was a perfect match. I consider myself pale but not super pale and it gave me a nice added deepness of color while still appearing very natural. The smell of it is a little too fragmented, but doesn't subtract from the fact that it looks amazing.

on 2/22/2015 7:39:00 PM

I read many high review about this foundation, who claim like second skin, so although the price is very high i decided to bought it..
I bought 02 beige clair, because it said that suitable for NC 20.. It turns out that 02 beige clair slighty darker for me, but because of the lightweight formula, it blend very well in my skin so my skin look flawless, even, and really like my skin but better..
Unfortunately oil control is bad for oily skin, and also oxidize a little bit.. I give Guerlain less violettes powder for set it, and its help to make this foundation last longer..
But for the feeling in my skin, i never feel something like this, so lightweight, blended well to my skin although i used finger, like i did't used foundation at all.. The coverage is light-medium and very easy to buildable without looking cakey.. Very like it..
So right now, i only used it if i don't go out too long or i blended with another foundation..
The packaging is glass bottle, so it feel heavy and really like luxury product..
Because of the oil control is not too good for oily skin, i will not buy it again.. I prefer Guerlain tenue for the oil control is much better..