December 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Nails - Hoofer's Choice

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have always had really bad cuticles. I use to trim them. I'm trying to avoid doing that since it isn't good for the cuticles in the long run and I always tend to over do it and nick myself. Instead I'm aiming to really moisturized them. I love this cream right before bed since it is on the heavier side. The smell is very pleasant not overpowering at all. It is also pretty inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this cream. Extremely moisturizing, great as an overnight cuticle treatment. Plus you get a lot of product for the money.I like applying this first and then a light oil to seal in moisture. Can be bought at Sallys at a very reasonable price.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by lkmorgan1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've had issues with my nails and cuticles for years. I've tried SO many products I've lost count. I picked this up after seeing reviews here. I could barely read the ingredient list. After loiking at the list closer, I was disappointed to see 4 parabans and artificial color listed. I won't be using this now. Just another product fooling us girls into believing and buying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Sally's for about three dollars. It comes in a plastic jar and has the consistency of Vick's vapor rub, with this having more of a waxy green scent that I dislike. It is amazing for my dry cuticles. It really helped to moisturize and plump up the skin on my hands. It also softens well and you only need to use a little bit so a jar will last you a long time. It does take a while to sink in so if you are using it on your hands make sure it is fully absorbed first. On my feet, it softens rough areas and keeps my feet sandal ready now that summer is here. I wish this had a better scent but luckily it doesn't linger too long. I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by AllyLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Hard as Hoof for about a year now and it's been a miracle product for me. I love everything about it. When I found this Hoofer's Choice jar at Sally Beauty Supply, I felt compelled to buy it. I wanted to do a comparison of it to the HAH. Aside from the consistency and scent, this cream does exactly the same thing but for half the price. In Canada, Hard as Hoof is about $8 at Walmart and Sally's carries Hoofer's Choice for around $4. Both products moisturize my cuticles and nails while preventing peeling and helping my nails stay strong and long. I will definitely be re-purchasing both.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Inexpensive and works great! So far I think this is the best cuticle and nail cream that I have used in my 20 or so yrs caring for my nails. This is a very thick cream almost like a balm that just melts into the cuticles. I have very dry rough cuticles so many of the products out there aren't effective on them. I don't particularly care for the cuticle oils because they don't seem to work as well and they tend to sit on the skin. The scent is great, not too girlie. The scent is menthol but fades away once it sinks into the skin. I use this 2-3x a day and it is really helping my nails stay hydrated and allowing them to grow better. My cuticles are soft and smooth as well. A 1oz jar is about $3.49 and sold at Sally Beauty Supply.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ASupaheroFangirl

I recently stumbled across this top coat, and was I glad I did! Ok dokey Pros vs Cons Time! PROS: 1) Makes your manicures LAST. I had mine on for about a week and only experience very minimal chipping at the side of some of my nails, only visible if you look up close and again minimal wear at the tips. 2) It dries QUICK about 1 min. 3) Has a very nice very glossy finish that doesn't fade. 4) Doesn't distort the color of your nail polish. 5) Makes your nails stronger. 6) Very thin consistency, so a little goes a long way. 7) Very affordable, around $3-4, an amazing price considering how good the product works. 8) UV protection. CONS: 1) Weird applicator, the brush is pretty thin and the part where you hold it is like a little round cap. 2) Small bottle, contains 14 ml, wish it came in a bigger size. 3) After a while it gets goopy and gummy so it's a little difficult, not impossible, to work with. And that's about all I could think of. I don't know if it's Big 3 Free or if it is or isn't tested on animals. But overall a very good top coat I give 4.5 out of five. I really recommend it if you want a great top coat for cheap ;).

*EDIT: While this top coat is good, I've since moved onto other top coats that I find have worked better for me, the packaging and tendency to goop up isn't working for me :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by whisper

I just bought my second little jar of this (at Sally's; on sale for $2.99). Lasted a LONG time, so it's beyond great value for the money. Quite simply, this is the most phenomenal cuticle/nail/hand treatment I've ever used. Before discovering this product, I was using the Dior creme abricot, and while that stuff is definitely amazing as well, the price is exorbitant. I'm not gonna lie any product named 'Hoofer's Choice' cannot be expected to compete w/a high-end designer such as Dior in terms of luxe packaging and whatnot. However, having used both products, I can honestly say that the 'European Secrets Hoofer's Choice' cream is IDENTICAL when it comes to results; I truly get the same awesome results with both. I feel so much more sensible buying the cheap-o stuff rather than shelling out $24 for the Dior. I even did a side-by-side comparison of the ingredients; they contain so many of the same ingredients. The Hoofer's Choice has the additional benefits of lavender and rosemary oil, plus aloe (none of which are contained in Dior's version). I suggest you try the Hoofer's Choice. Your cuticles & hands will thank you, and you will not be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by katmoss

This stuff is great. As mentioned in pretty much all of the other reviews, price is great for the amount (you only need a little bit to feel a difference), smell is great (not sweet but rather soothing), and it really works. I've had dry cuticles which always got caught on sweaters or made my home manicures look sloppy due to cuticle run but this has solved the problem. Really recommend it. Bought it at Sallys.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had not heard about this cuticle cream until a couple of people recommended it on the NB so being the cuticle cream junkie that I am, I had to try it out for myself. After trying quite a few cuticle creams/treatments this cuticle cream has reached my top 5 products.

The first time I used the Hoofer's Choice cuticle cream, I tried this cuticle cream on dry chapped cuticles so that I could give it an honest review, and I noticed a difference immediately after applying. My cuticles were instantly softened and my overall nail bed looked healthy and moisturized. It is rather creamy but sinks in fast. The smell is a little medicinal but it fades quickly. A little goes a long way and for the price, I will happily repurchase again. It comes in a small twist top jar that fits nicely inside of my purse. It doesnt have adorable packaging but I dont mind it as the product itself is great.

I can see it doing a great job moisturizing cuticles during the colder months ahead also, so I recommend everyone to pick this up if you see it in Sally's. If you have spotted this cuticle cream elsewhere, please PM me! :-)