November 29, 2014 | 935 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - brow stencils

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Lj806

Got these half price, and im glad.

They didnt suit my brow shape at all, so i cant use them.

Shoud have had more variety, and its hard to even keep them in place

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a generic brand very, very similar to the E.L.F. brow stencils that I picked up years ago. Not sure why people complain about stencils, but the concept is pretty simple, really. To begin with, you really don't want an adhesive, because if you had stickiness on the backs of the stencil, then it would mess with your make-up. That's why there isn't any. The shapes are only guidelines for you to use, not exacts. They are basic brow shapes that you put up to your brows, and then you decide how that brow shape contours into your facial shape. Let's face it, if everyone was walking around with the same four eyebrows, we'd all be looking pretty silly right now.
What you have to do is take the stencil, hold it up to your brow and see where your brow fits into it. Adjust the stencil from the inner point by your nose first. Start there and then angle the stencil out. It's never going to fit perfectly. But you can adjust the way you draw your brow perfectly. It's only a guideline for you to draw a shape. Step 1: Imagine the stencil as a starting point for you from the inner nose to begin drawing your brow. Step 2: Then angle the stencil again at your arch point above the eye. You will have to adjust the stencil to do this. Step 3: Adjust the stencil for the tail/length of your brow. Remember, the stencil is a flat piece of plastic. But your face isn't flat. So you're going to have to move the stencil more than one time to draw your brow. If the stencil was a curved piece of plastic, then you wouldn't have to. But it's not. Once you get the hang of that, it's pretty simple. All it really takes is two or three movements of the stencil to adjust the brow to your facial shape, the beginning of your brow, the arch of your brow and the tail of your brow and then you're finished. You might find that you're a little heavy-handed with a pencil at first, so you can use a wax/powder instead. Whatever works for you. The point of the stencils is give you a true brow shape from start to finish in 3 steps, not one. Again, once you move the stencil across your brow, you'll see how easy it is to draw your own brow and it changes your face.
I do use the stencils when I want a very polished look with a definitive brow. A good brow completes make-up. After awhile, you'll become confident enough to do your brows without using the stencil. Well worth the few bucks to polish your look.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by lipstickjunkie87

Idk y the negative feedback. I really enjoy these stencils! They have helped me alot with the process of filling in my brows nicely. I like how they give you different choices in the brow shapes. To me they are not to big and the look natural. I faithfully use this product every day and to me its easy use. I like that they are plastic and easy to clean. They were only $1 which u can't beat. Definitely something i can't live without.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by nast1a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

TERRIBLE! These are enormous and result in huge unnatural brows. Also, they are very hard to use, and brow products get under the stencil, giving an uneven shape. Useless.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by MyLilBabushkaFamily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

not a single shape fit my eyebrows, in fact even though looking at them I could tell all of them were HUGE....but i traced one on and omg, it seriously ended near my ear almost. My face isn't abnormally tiny, so are people seriously walking around with eyebrows the size of Jamaica???

The only good thing about it was that it was so cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by heykerrieann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These stencils are great. I have some stencils in another brand but I never liked the shapes - I wanted more of an arch to my brows. I put my favorite shape up to my brow and combed my brows up through the stencil. When I removed it, I could see where I needed to tweeze, but I penciled in my brows just to be sure of where I was going. My brows without powder/pencil are a bit sparse now, but with my brow products they look great. In the words of a dear friend, never underestimate the power of a strong brow!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

You get four brow shapes that are, in my opinion, too similar, my brows *could* fit two or three of them. There's also no adhesive so you have to hold it in place. I know they are cheap but that doesn't make them worth your money, I played with them for ten minutes and then put them in the back of a drawer because they are basically useless.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by becauseyouremyhero

The stencils were a waste of money! They did not fit my brows at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by hollydolly24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

So small! My own eyebrows where alot longer than he stencils

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Nikkers8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These brow stencils are now in the garbage! It's difficult to keep them in place - therefore could not use them.