November 22, 2014 | 1953 users online

Deodorants - Nivea - Pure and Natural Action

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Usually I wouldn't do a review of a deodorant but the roll on deodorant from this line is incredible! I am a teenager and I sweat a whole lot. I have tried so many deodorants that are just full of aluminum and they just never work so when I saw this one I figured what the heck, I'd give it a go. This roll on is amazing. I put it on in the morning right when I wake up so it has time to sink in before I get dressed and it does take a while to sink in but when it finally does, I can't feel it. The scent is incredible, you smell so, so fresh and I can smell it throughout the day which I really enjoy. Since it is labelled a 'deodorant' and not an antiperspirant, I was still expecting to sweat a whole lot but I barely sweat anymore with this on so it must have an ingredient in it which shrinks the pores instead of clogging them like aluminum does. This doesn't irritate my sensitive armpits at all (the stick version of this make my underarms red, itchy, blotchy and it didn't work at all!) and it lasts the entire day. For people having a tough time finding a deodorant which really combats bad odour and sweat, I think this is incredible.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by anniiifufu

I thought that this would be a good deodorant considering there was pretty decent reviews.I liked that it had no aluminium, and it smelt nice.Although, I wasnt impressed.It had a wet feeling when I put it on, it made me smell bad and the scent smelt 'rotten', and it didnt stop me from sweating.It just felt wet and it didnt work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in the Roll on Jasmine version and I LOVE IT.
I sweat a lot because of anxiety and this stuff keeps me from smelling without having to use harsh chemicals. Surprisingly it also works in Summer too.

it also dries quickly and the ball rolls easily compared to the other nivea roll ons.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by seenenough

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried the roll-on in both lotus and jasmine scent. I like this stuff. It is one of the only aluminum-free deodorants that actually keeps me fresh and clean-smelling all day. One annoying thing is that I have to order it online because I believe it's only sold in Europe. Also, it contains some somewhat sketchy ingredients, like propylene glycol and "frangrance," which I'm a little uneasy about. I am planning on venturing out to try a few cleaner products, but I'm keeping a bottle of this in my drawer because I know it works.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by austenraelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this in the stick form. I am really undecided on this product. I love the smell of it and I did find that it really does work. I like that it is free from aluminum which is essential. I'm just a bit weirded out because I had a skin tag under each armpit and when I used this for the first time both of them turned black and fell off within a couple minutes of applying this. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about that considering I wanted to get them removed anyways but I've never had any other deodorant do that. It kind of made me wonder what ingredient was in there that does that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the Jasmine scent and in the stick formula (not the spray or roll-on). It was imported from Europe, so it was more expensive: $9 at Smallflower.

The stick formula was interesting. It isn't a dry solid like most out there. It sort of melts onto the skin. It doesn't leave too many white marks on clothes, though it will leave some if you dress right after applying. The jasmine scent isn't overpowering or cloying.

My main problem with this stuff is that while it works better than most aluminum-free deodorants, it still seems to quit on me. It lasts for at least half of the day, but then it just doesn't want to work any more, especially if I sweat a lot. Reapplying throughout the day doesn't seem to help, especially if I inevitably get BO or sweat on my clothing. It also does nothing to help absorb sweat or anything, so it just feels uncomfortable.

I'm still looking for something better out there. If you don't sweat or stink much at all, this one may be worth trying.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Seorin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the Jasmine scent. The scent is quite strong even though Perfume is low on the ingredients list but it's a nice scent. I like how it has a lot of natural ingredients. It keeps me fresh throughout the day but wears off after sleeping. So I guess you could take the 24H thing quite literally. I like this deodorant, and I might buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by evagelx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hmm, could this become my favorite deo for hot and active summer days, were you need extra underarm freshness? Nivea deodorants have never failed me so far. After using 2 cans of this (one with the jasmine and one with the lotus scent - both sprays), I found that - during summer in Greece- it can keep my underarms fresh for many hours more than others. The scent of jamine in my opinion is superior to the lotus one, which I find to be overwhelming. People during the days I wore this kept complimenting my "perfume" but I wasn't wearing any! The only problem I have with this, and it may keep me from repurchasing, is the extremely strong fragrance after you spray it - all spray deos, more or less, annoy me the moment I spray them in my small bathroom, but this one is too much! If you are sensitive to fragrance, keep this in mind. Other than that, it does what it promises.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by daphne85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this deodorant. I was a bit sceptical at first. I bought this deodorant because it doesn't contain parabens and aluminium. But although I like the thought of using natural products, I always think they aren't going to be as effective as the products that are stuffed with chemicals. This deodorant however is as effective as any other deodorant. It's even more effective than a lot of other deodorants I've used so far. And it dries immediately after using it. I also don't have the problem of white spots that I had with a lot of other deodorants.
I bought the one with the Jasmin smell and it's without a doubt the best smelling deodorant I've ever used. People even asked me which perfum I was using, but I didn't wear any other scent than the deodorant.
A negative point is that the deodorant does contain alcohol. It can sting a bit when you use it after shaving/waxing. But it doens't hurt as much as most deodorants with alcohol. I also noticed that while on other "pure & natural" products, the laybel says "95% of natural origin", the label on this product says "inspired by nature". So the product might contain more chemical ingredients than other "natural" products. However, I think they choose to make an effective product that does a very good job, that does contain chemicals but not the worst ones (parabens, alimunium).

Summary:
PRO:
- very nice smell
- effective
- leaves no white spots on my shirts
- no parabens or aluminium
CON:
- does contain alcohol

I apologise for writing mistakes, English is not my first language.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this deodorant! Normally I don't get this excited about a deodorant. I have been using deodorants without aluminum for many years now, and had been using roll-ons for the last few years. I had actually never tried a spray before, so I was a bit wary. However, this deodorant spray is drier than my roll-ons (it doesn't need any time to dry, unlike the roll-ons), smells great, and actually keeps me drier! The bottle says it's a jasmine scent, and I really enjoy it and notice how long it lasts. A couple of times I had my arms up and noticed a really good smell. It took me a minute to realize that it was my armpits! I definitely recommend this and was very impressed by it! I'm also glad to see a major brand like Nivea making an aluminum free option.