October 21, 2014 | 1354 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - No Chip

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by cedward

Chipped badly within less than 12 hours. Huge chips started forming from the center of my nails. I'm glad this was a gift and not a purchase. Terrible product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by aperfectsonnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Went right into the trash. Made my nail polish dry out and crack, and chipped by the second day. Spent the extra on the Salon Manicure top coat, which I should have done from the start.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by olivialovejoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just ridiculous. One hour after painting, my nails are chipped and cracked. Looks 2-3 days old. No chip? Yeah right. Worst thing ever. I prefer Sally Hansen's Double Duty - at least gives you a few good days. Do not waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by limelipgloss

I bought this without checking reviews first, used it the same day, enjoyed the shine and fact that it did dry quickly, but hours later noticed the weird cracks and "shattered" effect. I checked reviews here and sure enough, same thing seems to happen to everyone!

Sucky but I'm glad I'm not having a unique bad experience with this stuff! I want to return it, it is horrible!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Twisty18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this. I mean, Pinterest told me I would. All I had to do was sandwich it with my nail color of choice and Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps Powerful Acrylic Gel. Tried the whole Pinterest tip and the finished product was great. The problems occurred after the top coat had time to completely and truly dry. Like others mentioned the top coat starts to shatter and chips, giving your nails that "days old" nails look. NOT pretty. I even tried the top coat by itself on multiple nail colors with identical outcomes. Hard As Wraps Powerful Acrylic Gel works better on its own. Don't waste your money...look elsewhere, and when you find a good top coat do share with me. :D

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Aritzia

I read the reviews before I actually tried it and immediately regretted buying it but gave it a try anyway. It was not thick and did not take long to dry like other reviewers have said. When I touch my nails they feel nice and hard and look shiny. So far I like it. update: reviews are right, tested this out
for a while and it does in fact look shattered and starts to flake off.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by dtrautz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I read the reviews AFTER I bought the top coat but I was like "maybe they changed the formula, maybe it isn't all that bad". I applied it 2 hours ago by itself no base coat no nail color, it went on smoothly, it's high-shine, I was loving it.. Until about 30 minutes ago.. it started cracking and I got some on my skin and it tightened it so much it almost hurt. I didn't think it could be that bad, being that I usually like Sally Hansen's nail polishes. WRONG. Steer clear of this nail polishes, ladies. It is AWFUL. I bought a top coat from the dollar store that lasts longer than this. Unbelievable, how it's still on the shelves is beyond me.. Maybe they make money from us unsuspecting victims.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

Cracked and shrunk on my nails in less than 24 hours. The only good thing about it is the shine. In the bin it goes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

Worst topcoat ever. Super thick, didn't dry, made the polish goopy and run. I've purchase $1 topcoat that worked better. Would not use again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

I've only had a few chipping instances with this stuff, and it was all reasonable. However, it CRACKS like crazy. I could see so many fine cracks in my nail polish the next day and all I had done was send out a few emails on the computer. It's not noticeable with darker polishes, but lighter ones make it very obvious. My biggest problem with this stuff is how it gets old so fast. I was not even 1/4 through the bottle when it became extremely thick. When I would brush the applicator along the edge of the bottle, little strings that reminded me of spider web strings would come off the brush and leave long wisps hanging off my nails. And it completely wipes out my nail tips--something about it when it gets old and gloopy, it just won't go on in a smooth, even coat and makes nice manicures look lumpy and takes most of the polish off the tips of my nails, despite me waiting HOURS for it to completely dry. I can't count how many manicures I've had to do all over again. When it does go on smooth, air bubbles galore! Doesn't matter how many precautions I take to avoid them, they're there. I don't even get 2 months out of these bottles before I need new ones. It's not expensive, but with the crap quality you get, I wouldn't want to pay even a dollar. Also leaves the edges of my nails jagged from the polish that chunks up there. Absolutely not! Don't waste your time.