October 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - No Chip

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awful! I am prone to chipped polish immediately with this product. It should be called Get Chip. This is ridiculous. Their Mega Shine top coat is much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by cedward

Chipped badly within less than 12 hours. Huge chips started forming from the center of my nails. I'm glad this was a gift and not a purchase. Terrible product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by aperfectsonnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Went right into the trash. Made my nail polish dry out and crack, and chipped by the second day. Spent the extra on the Salon Manicure top coat, which I should have done from the start.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by olivialovejoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just ridiculous. One hour after painting, my nails are chipped and cracked. Looks 2-3 days old. No chip? Yeah right. Worst thing ever. I prefer Sally Hansen's Double Duty - at least gives you a few good days. Do not waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by limelipgloss

I bought this without checking reviews first, used it the same day, enjoyed the shine and fact that it did dry quickly, but hours later noticed the weird cracks and "shattered" effect. I checked reviews here and sure enough, same thing seems to happen to everyone!

Sucky but I'm glad I'm not having a unique bad experience with this stuff! I want to return it, it is horrible!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Twisty18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this. I mean, Pinterest told me I would. All I had to do was sandwich it with my nail color of choice and Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps Powerful Acrylic Gel. Tried the whole Pinterest tip and the finished product was great. The problems occurred after the top coat had time to completely and truly dry. Like others mentioned the top coat starts to shatter and chips, giving your nails that "days old" nails look. NOT pretty. I even tried the top coat by itself on multiple nail colors with identical outcomes. Hard As Wraps Powerful Acrylic Gel works better on its own. Don't waste your money...look elsewhere, and when you find a good top coat do share with me. :D

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Aritzia

I read the reviews before I actually tried it and immediately regretted buying it but gave it a try anyway. It was not thick and did not take long to dry like other reviewers have said. When I touch my nails they feel nice and hard and look shiny. So far I like it. update: reviews are right, tested this out
for a while and it does in fact look shattered and starts to flake off.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by dtrautz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I read the reviews AFTER I bought the top coat but I was like "maybe they changed the formula, maybe it isn't all that bad". I applied it 2 hours ago by itself no base coat no nail color, it went on smoothly, it's high-shine, I was loving it.. Until about 30 minutes ago.. it started cracking and I got some on my skin and it tightened it so much it almost hurt. I didn't think it could be that bad, being that I usually like Sally Hansen's nail polishes. WRONG. Steer clear of this nail polishes, ladies. It is AWFUL. I bought a top coat from the dollar store that lasts longer than this. Unbelievable, how it's still on the shelves is beyond me.. Maybe they make money from us unsuspecting victims.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

Cracked and shrunk on my nails in less than 24 hours. The only good thing about it is the shine. In the bin it goes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

Worst topcoat ever. Super thick, didn't dry, made the polish goopy and run. I've purchase $1 topcoat that worked better. Would not use again.