December 18, 2014 | 1737 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - No Chip

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Bolesie75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every time I do a manicure and use this topcoat, the polish chips within a day. Not only that, but I get a noticeable shrinkage along my cuticles and a weird crackling across my nails.

Bottom line: skip this topcoat.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by vitaminas2u

it chipped faster than nail polish, do not recommend buying it

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by kaseytang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

DON'T GET THIS TOP COAT!!!!!!! EVER! It doesn't work and it chips your polish instead of sealing it. This product doesn't worth the $$. Hate it and never getting it again. I used it twice and it didn't give out any effects at all. I'm using it as a base now (still got loads to waste). ://

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awful! I am prone to chipped polish immediately with this product. It should be called Get Chip. This is ridiculous. Their Mega Shine top coat is much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by cedward

Chipped badly within less than 12 hours. Huge chips started forming from the center of my nails. I'm glad this was a gift and not a purchase. Terrible product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by aperfectsonnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Went right into the trash. Made my nail polish dry out and crack, and chipped by the second day. Spent the extra on the Salon Manicure top coat, which I should have done from the start.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by olivialovejoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just ridiculous. One hour after painting, my nails are chipped and cracked. Looks 2-3 days old. No chip? Yeah right. Worst thing ever. I prefer Sally Hansen's Double Duty - at least gives you a few good days. Do not waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by limelipgloss

I bought this without checking reviews first, used it the same day, enjoyed the shine and fact that it did dry quickly, but hours later noticed the weird cracks and "shattered" effect. I checked reviews here and sure enough, same thing seems to happen to everyone!

Sucky but I'm glad I'm not having a unique bad experience with this stuff! I want to return it, it is horrible!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Twisty18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this. I mean, Pinterest told me I would. All I had to do was sandwich it with my nail color of choice and Sally Hansen Hard As Wraps Powerful Acrylic Gel. Tried the whole Pinterest tip and the finished product was great. The problems occurred after the top coat had time to completely and truly dry. Like others mentioned the top coat starts to shatter and chips, giving your nails that "days old" nails look. NOT pretty. I even tried the top coat by itself on multiple nail colors with identical outcomes. Hard As Wraps Powerful Acrylic Gel works better on its own. Don't waste your money...look elsewhere, and when you find a good top coat do share with me. :D

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Aritzia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read the reviews before I actually tried it and immediately regretted buying it but gave it a try anyway. It was not thick and did not take long to dry like other reviewers have said. When I touch my nails they feel nice and hard and look shiny. So far I like it. update: reviews are right, tested this out
for a while and it does in fact look shattered and starts to flake off.