December 22, 2014 | 966 users online

Eye Shadow - LORAC - Starry-Eyed Baked Trio - Star Struck

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Some confusion here but Star Struck is a PLUM trio. I posted the correct product picture which is the 2nd pic for this review. Love Lorac shadows in general but never tried their baked trios. I'm usually disappointed with most baked shadows because they come off as sheer and you have to wet them to get any color payoff. Well, these Lorac baked shadows are very well made and have good pigmentation dry. These are super creamy and soft like Lorac's traditional shadows and they have amazing staying power. Star Struck has three beautiful warm toned plums and all have shimmer in them. Just a FYI, these plum shades do come off as having a strong pink undertone to them so if you like more of a purple toned plum, this might not be right for you. All three shades work perfect w/ each other. However, I wish the lighter (highlight) shade was a bit less shimmery. I typically like a low shimmer or matte for my highlight shade. Also, the packaging is really bulky. The top plastic cover is very boxy and doesn't need to stick so far out from the product. But, overall, an A+ product and I will be picking up other trios in this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by aznmonkey6

WONDERFUL!!

Pros:
-Supperrrr creamy, smooth, and pigmented.
-absolutely love the colors!! (i got mine in a lorac kit so it may not be the exact Star Struck colors). you get a shimmery highlight, a bronzy color, and a dark brown.
-great for everyday wear and night time wear
-blends AMAZING

Cons:
-extremely pricey. I think if you get it individually and not in a kit it retails for about $26.

*Is it worth the price? Mmm if you really want to invest in it then I would say yes but maybe get it with the kit because its a lot cheaper that way and you get other products too. But, the Wet n' Wild eyeshadows have about the same creamy consistency and some colors are close (ex. Walking on eggshells), so if you are just looking for creamy eyeshadows I would just get that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by paradoxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I will admit that I have never been a big Lorac fan. I'm more into really dramatic effects and their colors have always seemed a bit bland to me. Then I walked into Sephora looking for a good plum-toned eye shadow and saw this. I decided to give it a try and I couldn't be happier with it. This product is a dream to work with. The colors are super-blendable and amazingly creamy. This palette gives you everything that you need to create a plum eye look that is incredibly flattering. I can use this palette to create a lovely, subtle daytime look or a dramatic, nighttime smokey eye. I will definitely be getting more of these trios.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I received this as a gift for Christmas and I have since fell in love! This is THE BEST eye shadow I have ever used, the colors are beautiful & would look fabulous on everyone. They are so blend-able and rich; they are perfect for every day or you can build them up for a night out. If I had to use one palate for the rest of my life, it would be this one. Highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

So I went into Sephora with the intention of purchasing a new bronzer and instead walked out with this. Like I need another eyeshadow, but I just could not resist. This is without a doubt the dreamiest, creamiest, smoothest, most intense eyeshadow I have ever experienced. Seriously, I think I had an orgasm when I touched it with my finger. (I have an awful habit of sticking my fingers in the eyeshadow testers, the people of Sephora must hate me). When I applied it that night, it was as gorgeous as I expected, and SUPER SUPER easy to blend. The whole "terra cotta baked" thing really makes all the difference, because the texture of these shadows (and their bronzers as well) are definitely different from any other brand. LORAC is my new obsession. Highly, highly recommended. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No