L'Oreal HiP Matte Duo - Striking

3.7

on 4/8/2013 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The navy side has almost no color payoff unless I use it over a white base. The yellow is better. Both sides are powdery. The packaging is obnoxious because it has two latches stacked on top of each other (one for the eyeshadow compartment and one for the applicator compartment), making both of them hard to open. Not my fvorite product, but at least both colors are truly matte as advertised,

on 11/16/2010 11:59:00 AM

I really liked this eye shadow. The gold works great as an all over color or the undertone for a gold smoky eye. Plus, I like to use the purplish/ black color as an eye liner. Works every time!

I have been on the hunt for a good yellow eyeshadow for a while after learning that yellow really brings out blue eyes, so I picked this up at the drugstore. It was decently priced, and I'm a fan of L'Oreal products, so I thought I'd give it a try. It is an eyeshadow duo with a bright, matte yellow on one side, and a matte, navy/black on the other side. Both colors are decently pigmented and feel really nice. They are easy to apply, and I haven't had any trouble with fallout when applying these. It's not the exact shade of yellow I was looking for (it's an intense bright yellow), but it's still a good eyeshadow. I look forward to trying more shadows from this line.