October 26, 2014 | 949 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Kaolin Powder Soft Bronze

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This product is supposed to be a finishing powder and soft bronzer in one It is pretty good as a finishing powder. But, it is definitely not a bronzer in any way. The color of this product is about a shade darker than the Finishing Dust.So, you will not see any noticeable bronzing effects to your skin. Instead, it will work to keep your foundation look fresh for hours on end. And, this is why, I do continue to re-purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

EM has this product listed under their finishing powders, anti-shine. I thought it was a bronzer, it is not and should not be confused w/ their bronzer entitled "Soft Bronzer". You see how similar the names are...

To me, this is basically a lightly tinted finishing powder containing kaolin powder for oil absorption.

To give you an idea of my skincolor (I have never worn MAC, so can't compare), in the fall/winter, I can wear Linen, Fairly Light Neutral, Buff. In the spring/summer, when I want to look like I have a tan (and to match the rest of my body that I slather w/ a self-tanner), I use Light Medium, Fairly Light, Light Neutral, Multi-Tasking Neutral. Which shade of these I use in spring/summer determines how much bronzer I need on top to make me dark enough.

I have to use A LOT of this product to get me enough color payoff to be used as a bronzer. I think the best use of this (IMO) and what I"m going to start doing is putting a light dusting of this on top of my other bronzer to set and absorb oil in my T-zone. For EM folks looking for some extra oil absorption and have a light to medium complexion, this would work as a nice, oil absorbing finishing powder as opposed to their other kaolin finishing powder, Kaolin Powder Fair, which I also use in fall/winter, but which is VERY light.

I will use up what I have, (which will take several years since I only use during summer months) and I"m not sure I will re-purchase because in that amount of time, who knows what new products might arrive on the scene. That said, should nothing more enticing be out, I would repurchase. (I wish MUA had a "maybe" button for repurchasing)...