Burberry Sheer Powder

3.9

on 11/26/2013 6:05:00 AM

burberry's powders have the best textures - they are very finely milled, easily picked up by a brush and makes you feel like a million dollars when you apply that on your face. This powder is sheer, and goes on translucent - it sets your makeup and makes your face feel silky smooth. It gives a smooth, radiant finish. Unfortunately this isn't enough for me in terms of mattifying power since I have oily skin, however in the cold months when I am not as oily, this powder works wonders for me. I would highly recommend this powder to people with dry to normal to combination skin, but if you have very oily skin, this powder won't be for you.

on 10/26/2011 1:21:00 PM

Just bought this product and was so excited as I took it out of the very classy box to reveal a very chic velvet pouch containing a GORGEOUS comptact and brush. This is what pressed powder compacts are SUPPOSED to look like. I never understand when companies don't package things nicely, because it is a huge selling point for alot of women, because you take your compact out in public/the powder room and so you want to show off a bit!
The powder is devinely soft and leaves a nice, invisible velvety finish.
The smell is not for everyone. I wouldn't call it outright babypowder as other have. I think it's very similar to some of the Burberry fragrances.
If you want a pretty compact to take out with you, buy this. It's quite expensive ($59 CAD), but I love the whole idea that Burberry has pitched with their brand new beauty line - iconic, casual, yet very sophisticated!

on 8/16/2011 9:11:00 PM

I have the sheer powder in No.1 Porcelain. I found this to be a great setting powder - I swirl my kabuki brush a couple times and set my foundation with this and it lasts a good 7 or so hours. While so shine does start coming through, it's more of a natural dewy shine rather than an "eww oily face" shine. The packaging is also soooo gorgeous and the mini brush included is really nice. However there is SUCH a strong baby powder scent that when I first opened mine I sneezed (At the counter when the mua used it on me, I didn't smell anything). The scent is so strong that I took away 1 lippy. If the product wasn't so great, I'd definitely return it for the overpowering scent. While overall a great product, the price for this is really steep. Probably wouldn't buy again since I'd want to see if I can find a comparable/better product for a better price.

on 11/22/2010 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this at Holt Renfrew a couple of days ago. I love the packaging, but the product itself just did not work for me. I have very fair skin w/ cool undertones and neither shade of powder really worked. I took #2, but it was too dark. I also found that the powder kind of sank into my pores. I will go back to my translucent NYC powder, which does a great job of mattifying at a fraction of the cost.

on 11/1/2010 11:12:00 AM

I bought this powder the 1st week it came out in Canada! The packaging is what initially attracted me to this product. It looks so sleek and elegant and also, I love the fact that no one really has it right now :P

I personally found the smell very elegant and the coverage is great! My skin felt soft and smooth after application.

The price is definitely steep (around $80 including tax) but definitely worth the purchase!

Just be careful not to drop the case b/c I dropped it once and the lever broke :( But I still love my broken Burberry powder!!! :)

on 10/9/2010 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I'll just go ahead and say it: the price for this sheer powder was very steep, it costs almost as much as the foundation. However, my MUA was such a lovely lady, and by purchasing both items I was able to join the Burberry Beauty membership so I ended up going for it.

Unlike the previous reviewer, I actually really love the scent of this powder. It reminds me a little of how baby powder would smell like - which is lovely to me, but obviously off putting to some others. The smell DOES fade within minutes after application though, so I don't see how the scent would be a problem...

The product itself is SINFULLY soft, seriously when I was playing around with the testers at the make up counter, I had a huge spaz about how buttery soft this product was. It is LOVELY <3

I ADORE the packaging, it looks so... decadent! And it came with a lovely velvet pouch and brush, I got this in Porcelain No. 1.

There is SO MUCH product in this, but because of the steep price tag, I'm not entirely sure if I would repurchase it, or try a different brand (been itching to try NARS loose powder).

I brush this on with a brush from Bonjour (a local HK brand) which is basically a MAC 150 dupe and it sets my foundation flawlessly. REALLY loved this, especially the plaid imprint on the powder. Will be extremely heartbroken once I use enough to fade the plaid imprint.

Definitely worth a try at the counter, might not be for everyone but obviously Burberry is a luxury brand and the price will be a factor depending whether or not you purchase. Personally loving it!

on 8/20/2010 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this powder sight unseen via a swap. Given that Burberry's marketing has been all about casual, natural, but luxurious beauty, I thought I would LOVE this sheer powder. Especially the packaging is SO gorgeous. Seriously the most beautiful pressed powder package I've ever used. It comes with a to die for brush. Too bad the fragrance was SO sickening and strong. Seriously old lady smelling. Not at ALL what I was expecting. I'm really disappointed - I had such high hopes for this brand. I'm a sucker for beautiful packaging but the product has to perform, too.