October 24, 2014 | 1747 users online

Treatments - Cuccio Naturale- Forte' Horsetail Nail Strengthener

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a whole slew of Cuccio products and this one was just OK. Seems more like a "regular" basecoat - not much strengthening going on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This "strengthener" didn't do anything for my nails. Horsetail extract is at the very bottom of the ingredient list, so I don't know how much help it is for strengthening (or even if horsetail extract has nail strengthening abilities). It doesn't contain formaldehyde or toluene.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by ringsonfingers

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cannot recommend!

This is yet another nail product that purports numerous benefits to nails yet contains really well-known toxic chemicals: dibutyl phthalate, acrylate copolymer, acetyl triethyl citrate, and ethyl acetate. Considering the number of mid to high level toxic ingredients, it's nothing short of outrageous that "Naturale" is in the product name! IMO, these toxic ingredients just have no place in cosmetics.

Why do companies feel the need to put these types of chemicals in their formulations and then tout supposedly therapeutic, healing, nourishing, restorative, regenerative etc. benefits?

The horsetail is the main active ingredient, and it's a good one and well-known for hair and nails, but the nasty ingredients outweigh any benefits. You're really better off just taking a horsetail supplement, or one with silica since that's the key component of horsetail.

And I'm not sure I believe the claims of the other poster after looking at the photo, simply because it takes, on average, 3 to 6 months to grow out nails, not a couple of weeks. You don't get a full set of long, strong nails after two weeks of using *any* product, when nails only grow about 3 mm (0.12 in) a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by jadestar12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i was watching a video on YouTube and the guru used cuccio naturale apple cuticle remover.so i looked it up but could barely find reviews on it but 3(which came from here)so i looked further into this brand and i found this nail strengthener and my nails were in need for some tlc.they were weak and brittle would always chip at a certain point and just caused me problems.i was initially going to buy nutra nail or a sally hansen nail strengthener but ive been disappointed by those products before and the ones i was looking reviews on were getting 50/50 reviews.i tried and tried and tried looking for reviews on this but only found 2 so this was a risk.now i bought this on eBay for 2 bucks along with the apple cuticle remover and I'm sooooooooooooooo glad i took the risk this made my nails strong.and i mean strong i could easily bend my nails before using this product but now they're super strong like acrylic strong.i couldn't really describe it without showing you.this has really and been a life saver and it makes my nails grow.before using this i broke a nail while doing my hair and i had to cut it down down.then i used this and the next week it was the same length before clipping it.if you haven't used this and need a nail strengthener or have used other products and haven't had any luck this please please please use this you wont be disappointed.the picture above is my nails and ive only been using this for 2 weeks..

update this is still working i read the reader above me and i cant help the fact that this does help my nails grow in 2 weeks..i dunno about her but MY nails grew faster.the picture i put up i got this in 2 weeks.i was and still is rough on my nails i clean and baby sit all the time and when you have kids its hard to keep my nails strong and long and this does help me.i cant not speak for the person above me.

without this my nails would take 6 weeks just to grow and a good length(which to me is just enough to see some kind of natural white tip) and this product has given my nails a much more boost into growing them.i was going to buy barielle but couldnt find it anywhere.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No