November 25, 2014 | 1805 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Pencil - Taupe

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by mosstoad

This is a surprisingly good product. Unlike most of the reviewers, I mainly use this pencil for lining my eyes. It works pretty well as an eyebrow pencil, but is slightly too dark for my eyebrows so I usually use it to outline my brows and then fill in with a lighter pencil.

I bought this on a whim because i was running low on my usual eyeliner pencil, and it was really cheap so I thought i'd try it. very happy i did! I have a hard time finding eyeliner that I like, because I usually wear fairly light/understated eyeliner and makeup. This is the perfect shade, and incredibly easy to apply. The fact that it also doubles pretty nicely as an eyebrow pencil is a bonus.

I also bought the dark brown to use as an eyeliner for when i want something more intense and that works wonderfully as well. I'd recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a surprisingly great eyebrow pencil AND it's only $1. It sharpens well, applies nicely, and is a very natural color. It blends well, but doesn't slide all over. I do tend to reapply before I go out at night, but that's not a big deal when it goes on so easily and is so cheap.

But what this pencil truly deserves a shout out for is the color. I've found that a lot of taupes tend to run really, really warm. This does not at all! If anything, it's a neutral that tends towards ash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I love this pencil. The color is perfect for filling in my blonde brows. The consistency makes it easy to apply and it lasts all day. You do need to sharpen it before every use but it is inexpensive ($1) and it lasts a long time. I was previously using Anastasia brow whiz but was looking for a cheaper alternative. I will say brow whiz looks a bit more natural and I like the packaging better because it's self sharpening and has a comb on the other end. However as drugstore eyebrow pencils this one is the best that I've used! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a cool toned girls dream eyebrow color. I have brown hair but brown pencils are ALWAYS too red looking for my taste. This pencil is the perfect color for my cool toned skin. I prefer darker eyeliner but this would be nice for a lighter eye look as well. The pencil is very waxy which makes it better for eyebrows and the staying power is incredible even in this Texas heat. My husband even commented when I first started using it that my eyebrows looked very natural. I didn't know he noticed things like that? Anyway, I love it. I have two backups...one last thing...this is a soft pencil so freeze it in the freezer before you try to sharpen..works much better.

Happy times!❤️

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

I am always in need of a better brow pencil. I have used powders to fill in my brows and pencils from every high end brand you can think of. A lot of them were just okay. Most of them were a glorified brown pencil will some fancy decorations sold for three times what it is worth.

One day I was out at my local drug store and decided to see if any of the big names had something to offer. I was about to leave with the Maybelline eye/brow pencils but stop at a Wet 'n' Wild display.

I was drawn to the Colour Icon pencil in Taupe. The colour seemed perfect for my needs. I colour my hair red from my natural blonde so my brows tend not to match up. I try to find pencils that have a tint of red to spruce up my brows but they are either too black or to blonde. This pencil, even though Taupe coloured, actually has a tint of red in it! It is perfect! I love the colour. It is so natural.

The pencil itself has almost a wax like consistency which I love. I find it has just enough wax to keep my brows in place with setting them! Two birds with one stone!

I find it lasts me all day on my brows too. I love that. The powders would simply fade off or some pencils would melt away.

I have used this pencil to line my eyes but found it didn't do much. I think it is best used as a brow pencil.

My biggest gripe with this pencil? Because it is such a soft pencil it needs to be sharpened after after every use. So the pencil itself wears away quite quickly. But I have had it for almost a month and it is only halfway done. So it isn't too too bad.

I paid $2CDN for this pencil at my Rexall drugstore. I believe at Wal-Mart it is only .98CDN. Either way, it isn't too hard on the bank account.

Hope you give it a try and find it to be your new favourite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

I use this as a brow pencil. It's the perfect shade of taupe without any red undertones. It matches my light-medium brown hair perfectly. It doesn't stay on quite as long as the Anastasia brow wiz pencil but it's a fraction of the price and it lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I LOVE this thing. Cheap and absolutely gets the job done. It's soft but not too soft and legit makes my brows look phenomenal. I've already repurchased multiple times. Will continue!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

The pic confused me........ Anyways I got another one of these, the taupe is the perfect eye brow pencil! Also a close dupe for Clinique Charcoal Brown eyeliner, so anyways yusssssss please this is 99¢ & lasts a long time even if you sharpen it everyday or every other day like i do. This is a dupe for the red twin Maybelline pencils in "Blonde" but those are hard to find & also are rock hard! This pencil is soft but not too soft, it probably matches about 98% of blonde/brunettes brows. It gives a natural color & stays put even on my super oily skin.... Has never broke me out or irritated my sensitive skin. Will always repurchase!! 99¢!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by rennie18

I really like the price of this .99 at Walgreens. It looks good on but I feel that it does wear off quickly. I don't mind reapplying since it is so cheap. It is a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this for 99 cents at Walgreens on a whim after running out of my MAC Lingering. I have to say, this is a very, very close dupe, if not exact. I am NW15 with light reddish-brown hair, and light brown brows, and this is perfect for my brows. Not too dark, and not too red. Creamy formula, lots of pigmentation. I use this solely on my brows, so I can't speak for how this performs as an eyeliner. Also, I should add that the pencil size is very generous, about twice as long as brow pencils from other drugstore brands. If I ever run out of this I will definitely repurchase, and will probably pick up a couple of backups. Seriously, for 99 cents you just cannot go wrong.

Edited 6/25/14: I have bought at least 4 backups of this pencil and am still using my first one. I use it daily and still love it, and you can't beat the price. Great dupe for MAC Lingering.