April 19, 2014 | 1704 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Pencil - Taupe

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I LOVE this thing. Cheap and absolutely gets the job done. It's soft but not too soft and legit makes my brows look phenomenal. I've already repurchased multiple times. Will continue!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

The pic confused me........ Anyways I got another one of these, the taupe is the perfect eye brow pencil! Also a close dupe for Clinique Charcoal Brown eyeliner, so anyways yusssssss please this is 99¢ & lasts a long time even if you sharpen it everyday or every other day like i do. This is a dupe for the red twin Maybelline pencils in "Blonde" but those are hard to find & also are rock hard! This pencil is soft but not too soft, it probably matches about 98% of blonde/brunettes brows. It gives a natural color & stays put even on my super oily skin.... Has never broke me out or irritated my sensitive skin. Will always repurchase!! 99¢!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by MUrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's just ok. I bought it based on recommendations on the makeup board when I asked for a cool dark taupe pencil. This isn't cool or even neutral. This is a very yellow brown taupe, good for dark blondes and warm brunettes that have very golden-toned eyebrows. On my neutral brown eyebrows you can see the strong yellow tones of this and it's not flattering at all. Not expensive so a much easier disappointment to cope with but still, hate buying stuff that's no use to me. Very soft textured pencil which I don't mind, prefer it to hard, waxy and painful pencils. Just brush through with a spoolie to soften the pencil effect. Also, not long-lasting, if you rub your face accidentally the product will smudge. Not bad, just not for my needs. If it was an expensive product I would probably write a more scathing review. Not sure if that's fair or not but I feel price makes a difference. I can see why some like it, was just a bad rec for me - this is definitely not a cool taupe shade. It doesn't have any red tones, but it is still a warm yellow taupe shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by rennie18

I really like the price of this .99 at Walgreens. It looks good on but I feel that it does wear off quickly. I don't mind reapplying since it is so cheap. It is a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this for 99 cents at Walgreens on a whim after running out of my MAC Lingering. I have to say, this is a very, very close dupe, if not exact. I am NW15 with light reddish-brown hair, and light brown brows, and this is perfect for my brows. Not too dark, and not too red. Creamy formula, lots of pigmentation. I use this solely on my brows, so I can't speak for how this performs as an eyeliner. Also, I should add that the pencil size is very generous, about twice as long as brow pencils from other drugstore brands. If I ever run out of this I will definitely repurchase, and will probably pick up a couple of backups. Seriously, for 99 cents you just cannot go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I love this eyeliner- I use it as just that and not a brow filler cause my brows are pretty much black. This taupe color defines eyes without looking too harsh. I used to use grays or browns as my everyday liners but gray is kinda blah and brown can even be harsh for every day. I also like that this literally goes with anything you choose to wear on your face so you don't have to think about it and doesn't clash with anything you wear. And you can see enough of it that it makes a difference without going overboard. So cheap and will def buy this color again!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by QAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally got my hands on this pencil that everyone wave as an excellent brow pencil!
And I'm so disappointed, because this is way too soft and waxy that the produce seems to stick on my brow and create uneven results, totally NOT pretty!
Maybe it would be better as eyeliner, but per experience this would not be a long lasting one.
Would not recommend or repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by BlondeCaptivation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The ultimate brow pencil for blondes, natural or bleached. I've strayed from this in the past (it's popular and often runs out at CVS), but in terms of value, staying power, and quality I don't think I'll ever find a true replacement. It's creamy and glides really well; I never truly appreciated how superior this pencil is until I experimented with other brands (I won't name names). I can't stand the dragging of a dry pencil across my face, but that will never be a problem as long as Wet'n'Wild keeps churning these babies out. I often buy several at a time because they are - hello! - 99 cents and also come in handy as a nice, neutral daytime eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Shade: Perfect dupe to MAC Lingering, maybe slighly darker. I am an NC43/44 and this looks natural on me. No red in it at all. I would classify it as a neutral brown.
Texture/Consistency: Waxier and softer than Lingering, and a little bit more pigmentation as a result. You do need to sharpen this to get a defined line though - the tip is wider than Lingering.
Lasting power: Rubs off easily, but Lingering does that too.
Price: 99 cents!!! for a super long pencil. I'm regretting not buying multiples.

I love this pencil!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by andieheartsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG eyebrow pencil for blonde hair! Why spend more money on "brow" pencils, when you can get this for around $1? This pencil is super long, and therefore will last you awhile. I use this every day, to fill in, and shape my brows, and the taupe color is absolutely perfect for matching my brows to my blonde hair. Taupe is not overly gray, nor is it too light or too dark. The formula is creamy and pigmented so it's a breeze to apply. I will seriously never buy another brand/shade of brow pencil again!