July 30, 2014 | 1404 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Pro - Pink Bliss

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by KristiCho

The best thing about this Polish is the way the applicator brush is shaped. It's flat which gives me the best control so my nails look like a pro did them. Also, the color lasted all week. I usually start to get chips with other polishes after 3 days. Something in the formula makes it built to last. I've had this particular bottle for awhile stored in my fridge and it still works like a champion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I like using this for the off-white tips of my favorite french manicure. Lasts for a long time. It is streaky if applied to the entire nail, however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely awesome colour and long wearing formula. It's the perfect shade of milky soft pink that I've been trying to find for a long time. The formula is not streaky, dries quickly, and with two coats I achieve the perfect opaqueness. In terms of wear I can get about 7 days (with a top coat applied) and in my books that's an achievement. Additionally it's super inexpensive and less then $3 (Canadian) at Walmart.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this! Like the reviewer below me stated, I was also looking for an appropriate pale pink that would be suitable for interviews. I scoured every brand at Wal-Mart, holding up each color to my hands to see what would best suit my skin tone. The skin around my nails can appear somewhat red at times, especially after I've removed red polish (which I LOVE to wear, as you can see in my other reviews), so I need a color that will compliment that tone rather than contrast with it. I find that many pale colors make my fingers look "irritated" or sickly because they clash with the color of my fingers and bring out the red, making it appear as though I chew on my fingers, which I don't.

This Rimmel polish is a great color for me! I've been on the hunt for something just like this for years. This is the first time I've ever tried a Rimmel polish. I've only just completed my first paint job with the color, so I can't yet speak to the lasting power of the polish, but that's not usually a concern for me, as I find that my INM Out the Door top coat is excellent for prolonging the life of pretty much any polish I've used. And besides that, I enjoy painting my nails frequently, so lasting power usually isn't a concern for me considering that I typically repaint my nails every 4-5 days.

It was 95% opaque with 2 coats. I did opt to do a 3rd coat (which I NEVER do), only because I find that when I apply my INM top coat, the brush seems to "pull" my colors thinner at the base.... has this happened to anyone else? I didn't want that to happen with this Rimmel color, so I applied a 3rd coat to be certain that it would remain opaque. But it probably wasn't entirely necessary.

Overall, I am extremely happy with this. The brush was excellent and very easy to control. I enjoyed it much more than some of the smaller brushes some brands use. The only reason I chose to give it 4 lippies and not 5 is because I found that the formula was almost *too* thick. It would run off my nails into the cracks and I kept having to clean the edges. Also, I had to close and re-mix the bottle a couple of times during application because it seemed that it might've been gooping up a tadbit. But I am extremely discerning, so don't forgo the chance to try this out just because of my fussy-ness. ;-) I highly recommend this polish! And you can't beat the price.

***UPDATE***
Ok, so I just tried out my 2nd paint job with this color. After the first one, which I reviewed above, I started to think I hated the polish and was all wrong about my initial impression. 3 coats made it look like I had thick milk on my nails, and they looked chunky and overdone. The color came out less pink and more white. It was really quite horrible. Also, each additional coat past the first one seems to lack the ability to "blend" with the coat below it, so I could really see the lines around the edges of my nails detailing where each previous brush stroke had been. YUCK! I only wore it for about 2 days and had to take it off. It was ghastly.

I'm giving it another chance, though. This time, I tried just 2 coats. I also realized a better way to use the brush - it's chunky and holds a lot of product, so I think Rimmel intends for us to "push-n-pull", which fans the brush across pretty much the entire width of the nail (except for the thumb, of course). You have to work fast, because the formula goops quickly and is not forgiving. I've uploaded a picture of today's application with 2 coats. You can see that it's not fully opaque. There was some streaking, but it wasn't the worst I've seen. And in my initial review, I was worried that my INM Out the Door top coat would worsen the opacity, but in fact, it seemed to pull the polish together and make it appear more unified. Without the INM top coat, 2 coats of the Rimmel would've left it unwearable (in my opinion). I'll wear this for the next couple of days and see if I can tolerate it any better. I'll come back and give my final verdict (this review is already ridiculously long for a nail polish!). Overall, I'm not very happy with this one and can't seem to find the sweet spot where it does what I want it to. I'm dropping it down from 4 to 3 lippies today and may end up coming back to lower it yet again. *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this polish! This is what I wanted all of Essie's pale pinks to look like. I got this nail polish to wear for a job interview and it instantly became one of my favorite colors. This looks clean and neat and it's a sheer pink that you can actually see! So many light pink nail polishes turn out almost clear, streaky, or too whiteish. The color is perfect and the formula is fantastic! I think Rimmel lasts longer than a lot of my OPI nail polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by anabelbalt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find myself buying ONLY rimmel lasting finish pro nail polishes now days. Whatever color you choose within their lasting finish pro line you can buy with the confidence that it is going to last and what i was not ready for was the amazingly different yet very effective uniquely shaped applicator brush. So so easy to apply in a more effective/even way. Can not say enough good things about it. I am very happy I gave them a try and now I cant stop!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by LindsayLoveee

This is the perfect subtle but pretty nail color! It's the perfect baby cream pink color that goes with anything. The only downside is that it can apply streaky but after a 3rd coat, it looks opaque. I love the wider brush since it makes it easy to apply in a couple strokes. As far as lasting power goes, I wouldn't say it makes it the whole 10 days like it advertises, but it does last for awhile. The price is right too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by cherrybombVIXEN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

*LOVE* this stuff...the color is perfect on my tan skin. My manicure looks fresh and pretty with this color. The shine lasts and it only takes 2 thin coats to get a streak-free solid milky pink color. Its looks natural, and very feminine. This is perfect for everyday wear. DOES NOT chip easily it lasts over 5 days! love love love it!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very pretty milky nude blush pink w/o any shimmer or sheerness. The brush is not a traditional nail polish brush but more like a paint brush or e/s crease brush which took a bit of adjustment. I can't rate wearability as I'm applying this now but I can say this streaks terribly upon application and I'm going on my fourth coat. I suspect one more layer will do the trick. Repurchase unlikely which is unfortunate as I really like this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by sharalyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG nude pink nail polish. It comes in the new square bottle with a wide brush for easy and quick application. It dries quickly, layers nicely and is a perfect opaque milky light pink that is a great everyday neutral. At Target for about $3, will buy again & again :)