LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

3.8

This. Is. The. Worse.

I do not know how people think this smells nice, nor do I wish to know. This is akin to sewage water_seriously. Good sewage that has been there for weeks, not the fresh type.

I was given both the solid and liquid forms. I was very excited because I always wanted a Lush perfume but now I know they smell worse than sweat. I don't understand how all the other products can be so good and then there's this awful selection of poopyness.

Smells bad, do not like, not much wow recommend not.

The only + is I love the packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this scent but the red dye has to go. My mother sprays perfume on her curtains and around the house as an air freshener and the curtains are ruined as well as the carpet on the stairs. A PERFUME has no need for any dyes!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lust is a bright, Jasmine scent from Lush which comes in both solid and liquid forms. I am reviewing the solid version of this perfume.

Lust is my favourite perfume from Lush and my signature scent. It is a very sexy, sensual, bright, Jasmine however it smells very natural and not at all synthetic or chemically.
The perfume comes in a small tin with a screw-cap and you need to apply it to your wrists/neck/wherever you want it with your finger. This is actually an improvement of Lush's solid perfume packaging as the previous push-up tube style was fiddly and caused the product to melt. The perfume itself is a red colour, but does not show up red when applied. The scent lasts for a very long time and is very strong when applied. It is a very alluring scent and one that will leave an impression on almost everyone you meet. It is definitely my favourite perfume. A++

LOVE this fragrance. yes, it is an acquired taste - but so are a lot of lush fragrances. i personally love karma and this ranks up there with karma for me. it is a very 'old' nostalgic scent. it is quite heavy, very powerful and lingers. you really have to test this out to see if it works with your body chemistry but if it does, you're onto a winner. it is such an atmospheric scent reminds me of hot, humid summers - definitely a summer fragrance for me. obviously the main note is jasmine so you have to like that to love this fragrance. really intoxicating, quite hippie like and so different to anything you'd find in the normal fragrance aisle! i don't think there is patchouli in this but it does remind me of karma and patchouli. really unique, i'm sold :]

I got the solid version in a small tin at $16 in Singapore. The smell reminds me of the LUSH Godiva solid shampoo that I used years ago. So it's a nostalgic scent for me. I love jasmine/oriental scents in general as I find the musky smoky scent mysterious, unique and exotic.

This solid balm has very good staying power and the smell doesn't turn sour over time.

Recently I developed a skin allergy to perfume sprays. So far, my skin doesn't react to this! At $16 it's a good purchase, very reasonable price as the solid can last a long time I think.

The tin is convenient, just pop it into your bag and touch up whenever you want! 2-3 swipes on the surface is all you need to perfume your wrist and the area behind your ears.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is my all-time favourite perfume and my signature scent. I am not particularly fond of mainstream perfumes (celebrity, designer etc) because I find the sillage isn't that impressive on my skin and also because many of them all smell the same to me - overwhelmingly sweet, fruity/floral and very girly.

This is a divine smelling dirty and warm jasmine scent that comes through strongly on my skin. This doesn't smell indolic, sensual or sexy on me at all - it's sophisticated and more grown up than other floral perfumes because it's not sickly sweet. It's extremely overpowering and heady when applied at first but mellows out into a sweeter jasmine after an hour. Personally, I love the initial smell I can't really smell any of the other notes (ylang ylang, rose, sandalwood, vanilla) because the jasmine is so dominant. This has amazing sillage and is one of my most long-lasting perfumes (along with Lush's 'Sikkim Girls'). It lasts for 7-8 hours and I can still smell it at the end of the day.

A warning I'll like to give: as other reviewers have previously stated, it does leave a light red stain so I suggest spraying it onto bare skin or dark clothes.

I am on my second bottle of the 10ml spritz. A 10ml spritz lasts me 4 months. To date, this is the only perfume I have ever repurchased and the only perfume I've ever finished. It's always with me whenever I go out. My friends (guys and girls) all adore this perfume on me after it's mellowed. Surprisingly, most friends think I smell like milk tea. Very few can smell the sweet jasmine top note. "I smelt bubble tea after you walked in. Did you have Easyway or ChaTime? Was that you? I want some! " Easily my best compliment to date. I highly appreciate this scent on 20 year-old me. For me, this stand-out scent is the perfume equivalent of an engima, wrapped in a riddle and surrounded by mystery. Its flirty, bold and alluring scent delivers for me and I will always have this niche scent in my collection.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is indolic jasmine dialed right up to the nth degree. It's sharp, biting Jasmin Jasmin Jasmin...& did I say you get Jasmin? I love Jasmin but Lust never settles down on my skin. It never really melds with my body. This is Jasmin with claws & unfortunately she never sheaths them.

EDIT: Two hours later this dried down to a warm, sensual less screechy Jasmin. Very sexy but you'd have to be patient. I'll add one star for the sexy dry down but it loses points because of the scary 2hr wait for it to mellow out

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my absolute favorite scent. In the world. It is so sexy!! It is definitely strong on immediate spray, but within an hour, it dials back to be a perfect warm, cozy perfume. I spray it immediately after my morning shower, so by the time I'm at work (2 hours later), it smells just right!

My children all love the smell on me (I love this - my mom has a special smell too that I just adore and brings up good memories every time I smell her ... hope that's what this perfume is for my kids).

It is jasmine absolute, so a muskier deeper fragrance than jasmine gardenis (spelling?). It's not light and floral, but heady and dark. It wears so well, really all day long without fading. I can't say enough amazing things about this perfume honestly.

I am not a perfume aficionado, so I don't know how to describe this perfume in the "right" way :)

I wanted to love this, a no-holds-barred unabashedly jasmine jasmine, but alas I can't do it. Each time I've sampled this I've sprayed myself once in the shop and then gone for a walk. It's just too over-the-top indolic to be fit for public consumption. The last sampling session, I brought my husband with me, and he was literally repelled by me for the next hour or so. Like literally pushing me away and embarrassed that I was in public reeking of Lust. I wear a lot of weird scents but none has provoked such a strong reaction. If you love this scent (and I enjoy a little jasmine but waaaay dialled down from this) then do the public a favour and bask in its glory at home!!

I really love the solid version of Lush's "Lust" perfume. The main notes are jasmine, ylang ylang, rose, vanilla and sandalwood. I am not usually one for floral perfumes, but I rubbed this on my wrists and found that the effect with my chemistry is that it is lightly sweet, warm and complex. I purchased it a couple of days ago and find that just a dab on my wrists well blended and rubbed into my neck is perfection. Just enough to smell and feel sexy and confident without having people be able to smell me from a mile away. The price is $10.95 which I feel is very reasonable - particularly in comparison with other perfumes. I'm a little conflicted about the packaging. It looks cute and travels well. I also find it very useable. The salesperson at my local Lush showed me what to do so that I don't accidently "push up" too much product. I would definitely prefer a twist up version of the packaging though. Overall 4/5.

Popular Fragrances