August 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Blush - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Cream - #7 Fuschia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is a bright, quite cool pink with golden shimmer. Urban Decays Woodstock has only pink shimmer, and is warmer and less bright.

Wow. The staying power of this is out of this world. I used oil on my lids instead of primer due to dryness, and this aqua cream managed to stay put on my flakey and oily lids without looking odd.

I know, this is formulated for the lips and cheeks, but I much prefer this on my eyes. No irritation at all. It does stain the lids afterwards.

I would not recommend this on the cheeks due to the shimmer - I just find it too much. But I am a matte blush-girl, keep that in mind.

On the lips, you must load up with lip balm before, otherwise it can look dryish. I love using this as a ''primer'' on my lips, and then go over it with MACs Impassioned to make it slightly warmer and more wearable. On 1st may I attended the Socialist partys demonstration - and even after two hours of almost making out with my megaphone in sunshine - it looked perfect.

Eyes - YAY! Lips - YAY! (in combination /w something else) Cheeks - Dunno

I wish the packaging was glass - it looks and feels better. But there's nothing wrong with the plastic container. I will absolutely buy this one in more colors - the bright green, the red and the orange looks gorgeous!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by LaBoulet

This multi-purpose cream didn't work on my cheeks at all - way to DRY - impossible to blend. As a lipstick, it is the dryest of matte textures, but it will last forever and the color in incredibly vivid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I must revise this. I have been using this almost every day recently. I've moved to Europe and have no A/C or central heating which is fine, it's temperate enough that I don't need it BUT it means there is a LOT more moisture in the air so my makeup tends to fade / I tend to get greasier a lot more easily. Because of that, I *often* reach for this because of its staying power. ALSO, I use Urban Decay's Sheer Envy primer, which I adore, and if I apply this over that (or over foundation + that) I find that it just glides right on. It just needs a bit of slip is all, and that's easy enough when you've just gobbed silicones on your face. I recommend.

Well, this is pretty. I mean it's a pretty standard, cool toned, quite bright fuschia color with sparkle in it (maybe not exactly glitter, but too big for shimmer, and while Sephora says "gold flecks" these look multicolored to me) and it looks very nice on. It's just SO pigmented and dry that honestly it would be very easy to mess this up and have it look quite splotchy. It's not easy to work with.

This is touted as being waterproof, and I swatched it on my hand yesterday (now have it on cheeks) and the swatch is still there (though faint), many hand washings and one shower later. I don't doubt this lives up to being waterproof.

I bought three of these --- silver, fresh pink and fuschia. Of the three, this one is my least fave only because it really isn't easy to work with and required a LOT of rubbing to get it to look right. It's a shame, because I love fuschia stuff, fuschia anything, really, and have about a squillion variations of fuschia blush. Still, this has a purpose for me so I think I'll keep it. I honestly don't think I would *ever* need to repurchase because I can't see myself using this product everyday or even close due to the difficulty of working with it.

Edit: Somehow, this has gotten softer. I don't understand that, because it has actually gotten a bit cooler here, and hasn't been raining or anything, so it makes no sense. But for whatever reason I decided to try it again last night and it blended *much* better. The color payoff is still insane so since it was softer just dabbing my finger in the pot was all it took to make me look *quite* flushed. I also applied to my lips --- first time for that for me --- and loved the effect. I put my Medela lanolin over it as a lip balm and it looked really, really good. I may end up using this product more than I thought!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No